• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Twitter & Website updates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The game really looks great from what I saw in the stream earlier. It was also obvious now why you need the download packs for the disc version to have everything loading smoothly. But even so, the performance was admirable for Wii U. And the world is packed. More than it was evident in the videos and demos until now. To the point that you can travel everywhere ... if you can survive until there. The wait for the Western version will be so difficult.

Chaos17

Made a gif of the (extremly short) look at the title screen. Will just link to it though since I know some people won't want to see it until they start the game up.

http://a.pomf.se/hkpacd.gif

That mecha will be one day mine.

HHt1JUD.gif

chadboban

Oh a Nintendo eshop option

Probably to download the data packs for faster loading

Basic Data Pack (2 GB) – Effect: Large
A data pack containing terrain data that will allow faster loading while in the city and the game’s various fields. This data pack is required for other Data Packs to work.
Enemy Data Pack (2.7 GB) – Effect: Medium
Installs enemy data to the HDD, If the Basic Data Pack is also downloaded, it further speed up load times while out in the field.
Player Data Pack (3.6 GB) – Effect: Medium
Will install data regarding the armor and graphics of the player. If the Basic Data Pack is also downloaded, it will speed up loading in the city and when equipping changes in the shops in New Los Angeles.
Doll Data Pack (1.7 GB) – Effect: Medium
Will install data regarding the Doll mechs. If the Basic Data Pack is also downloaded, it will speed up read times when Dolls appear. You will get faster loading times while in the city and in the fields.

A data pack containing terrain data that will allow faster loading while in the city and the game’s various fields. This data pack is required for other Data Packs to work.
Installs enemy data to the HDD, If the Basic Data Pack is also downloaded, it further speed up load times while out in the field.
Will install data regarding the armor and graphics of the player. If the Basic Data Pack is also downloaded, it will speed up loading in the city and when equipping changes in the shops in New Los Angeles.
Will install data regarding the Doll mechs. If the Basic Data Pack is also downloaded, it will speed up read times when Dolls appear. You will get faster loading times while in the city and in the fields.

Oh yeah I forgot about that.

damn, 10 GB just for patches

truly next gen

TheMoon

Patch, pack, same thing, at least it's optional.

It's not at all the same. These only exists for the disc version to improve load times to be in line with the download version since the game is so massive and they can't do the usual trickery of putting lots of duplicate files on the disc to help with the disc read times. Meaning owners of the download version don't need these (or can't even use them) at all.

It's not at all the same. These only exists for the disc version to improve load times to be in line with the download version since the game is so massive and they can't do the usual trickery of putting lots of duplicate files on the disc to help with the disc read times. Meaning owners of the download version don't need these (or can't even use them) at all.
So nitpicky over a joke, why?

Mr Rivuz

Do we know if the retail game with data pack installed has the same performances of the game downloaded from eshop?
I usually prefer to buy retail games, but i want to play XCX at its best.

TheMoon

Do we know if the retail game with data pack installed has the same performances of the game downloaded from eshop?

I think that's the point of the whole thing since you're installing a shit ton of data and it's stuff that would need to be loaded from discs a lot. It only makes sense and I would not be shocked if those people streaming right now don't have access to those packs yet for their disc copies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Ahh...Japanese Xenoblade Twitch stream...takes me back. I saw (early game spoiler)
Fiora's death thinking it happened mid to late game and thought for a while that Xenoblade had been irrevocably spoiled for me
Good times, good times.

Same exact thing for me, watched about a few hours more but then decided to just stop all contact with the game until it came out in april

wait for the Digital Foundry comparison
Kappa

but seriously, someone will have to test that

Ridley327

I wonder if they'll use the eShop option for more than the data packs. It seems odd they'd include a XBX-branded eShop card with the console bundle if nothing was in the works specifically for the game, but I can't imagine it being more than Monster Hunter-sized quests and customization options.

TheMoon

I wonder if they'll use the eShop option for more than the data packs. It seems odd they'd include a XBX-branded eShop card with the console bundle if nothing was in the works specifically for the game, but I can't imagine it being more than Monster Hunter-sized quests and customization options.

DLC quests were already confirmed.

there's DLC quests, and some of them are paid ones, based on the info on the DL cards sold in Japan.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I actually like the night music in the town, especially when it gets to a certain part, guess they were going for the night life in LA feel where the city comes alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom