• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube has now begun skipping videos altogether for users with ad blockers

thief183

Google already use my videos to teach his AI , I already paid my fee, brave+adb, I will never give them more money. Also I should pay for a platform where everyone have to invent new way to censor "bad" words? Never.

I mean content creator evoid saying "Covid" ffs! I will never support a platform like this, I prefer to donate monthly to ad block.

Trilobit

Gold Member
I won't pay to google ever again after they removed Premium Lite. I have zero interest in Youtube Music or having an Off-line mode. Ublock origins ftw.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
You forget another way we pay for these services, especially with Google: our data and our privacy.
And this is worth billions and billions of dollars. That is why Google is one of the most lucrative companies in the world, despite offering it's services for "free".
So what Google is trying to do is called double dipping. They already got paid, but want to get paid again.
Interesting, I've seen this mentioned by a few people.

Are there any figures? Do we happen to know how much an individuals data is worth to Google vs how much YouTube upkeep costs for an average viewer.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I use my series X to watch YouTube all the time on my TV, and it got really really bad with ads.. I used game pass’s 3 free months perk on YouTube premium back in April and I won’t be able to go back to non premium now after it.. Closing down my Disney plus next month to offset the cost when that perk runs out.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I feel more people would accept browsing Youtube without an ad blocker if the service wasn't just straight up unusable without one. The ads have gotten so long and aggressive that no one who doesn't hate himself is using Youtube without an ad blocker. And Youtube Premium is a pretty bad deal because you still get ads, just less aggressively.

And more importantly: Youtube and Google make money off of a video multiple times anyway and Google use the videos as training data for their neural networks. So they get training data for free (which is worth quite a whole lot, actually.)

Yeah...Youtube can fuck off, lmao.
Wait what, you still get ads with premium? I had a 3 month trial last year and i got no ads.

Hudo

Wait what, you still get ads with premium? I had a 3 month trial last year and i got no ads.
A friend of mine has Youtube Premium and she still is seeing ads (and ad-driven recommendations) on the website. What she doesn't see is ads before and during a video, tho.

mitch1971

Gold Member
Everyone has three choices: watch videos with ads, pay for Premium or don't use YouTube at all. I think it's fair.
hungry danger island GIF by Archer

SiteSeer

i would have considered premium but they nuked my account that i had started when yt was only a couple months old. was a bunch of car vids (i actually posted the first ferrari enzo vid on yt) and gta online clips. now im salty with a vendetta, they can sell my data but they’ll never take my $.

Top Bottom