• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zealot - Gameplay Reveal Trailer

Belmonte

Gorgeous art style. Reminds a lot of Breath of Fire IV.

I'm following the devs for some time on Facebook. If the gameplay is half as good as the art,we will have a new indie classic. And I'm not a religious dude but it is cool to see a man of faith being the hero for a change.

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Coming soon to the Sega Saturn and Playstation 1. I hope more indies do stuff like this.

Fbh

Looks nice, I like the art style. Gameplay will depend on how the level design, enemy variety, bosses, etc are but what's in the trailer looks good.

If it's a success we need a crossover with Blasphemous lol?

Shai-Tan

Banned
the trailer doesn't show enough to judge the combat. there are loads mediocre indy games on steam that look nice.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
I think I'm the only one who thinks it looks like ass even as a pixelated game.
tenor.gif

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
its 2d pixelated in 3d space never seen that before. looks interesting but not peak.
Lots of games did that back in the day. Grandia, Breath of Fire 3 (but camera is more static it almost looks fully 2D) & 4, Xenogears, a few of the later Ys games up to 6 even since they're also action RPGs, even FPS games like Powerslave/Exhumed did that, tons more where these came from.

Last edited:
Top Bottom