• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Launch trailer, JP boxart, March 3, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
Is the control set up the same as previous 3-d Zeldas?
C9833617-CB3A-44EE-9136-7E9B421CFE04.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What if Link is wearing blue/not the hero tunic because another Link shows up in the game with the tunic on?

I wish Nintendo would switch A and B to match Sony and MS.

Sony doesn't do A and B.

It is a bit odd that Nintendo went back to the SNES scheme after A was the main action button on N64 and GCN. As someone who started gaming with N64, it's been pretty hard for me to adjust to the SNES scheme even after the 3DS, Wii, and Wii U.

What if Link is wearing blue/not the hero tunic because another Link shows up in the game with the tunic on?

I still think they went with blue originally because the green tunic would be hard to distinguish with all the grass in this game.

They say there's a story reason though, so we'll find out I suppose.

RetroMG

I was actually thinking last night: Maybe Link will be wearing green in the supposed flashback scenes, but maybe the trailers have Link constantly in blue so as not to ruin the twist.

(What I'm saying is that Nintendo redid the flashback cutscenes with Link in blue just for the trailers.)

iFirez

I was actually thinking last night: Maybe Link will be wearing green in the supposed flashback scenes, but maybe the trailers have Link constantly in blue so as not to ruin the twist.

(What I'm saying is that Nintendo redid the flashback cutscenes with Link in blue just for the trailers.)
I've been toying with this idea for a while now, if the cutscenes are ingame (not prerendered and running in real time) they could easily trade out the tunic for the champions gear; for some reason I don't see it being the case though. I just can't see Nintendo doing that, unless they're trying to hide the tunic for some reason or it really isn't in the game at all.

I'm honestly kind of hoping we come across "raggedy green clothes: You are not sure why but this clothing seems familiar. It's too bad their condition prevents them from being useful as clothing."

With maybe some side quest to gather proper materials to upgrade and repair them.

Cerium

lol Aonuma is not Kojima. They wouldn't fuck with us like that.

iFirez

So I've decided my 'jumping off point' for spoilers and such is when we see leaks for the guide; which includes major characters, names and locations. I just hope that either doesn't happen or it happens late February so that we can al keep enjoying without spoilers. I'm sometimes not upset about spoilers and they make me more excited for some things; not for Breath of the Wild though, I don't want to be overly spoiled and the theories are enough for me.

So I've decided my 'jumping off point' for spoilers and such is when we see leaks for the guide; which includes major characters, names and locations. I just hope that either doesn't happen or it happens late February so that we can al keep enjoying without spoilers. I'm sometimes not upset about spoilers and they make me more excited for some things; not for Breath of the Wild though, I don't want to be overly spoiled and the theories are enough for me.

I think the "jumping off" point will be some two weeks from launch. That's when things will be spoiled. Since the guide releases the same day as the game, we shouldn't be too worried about spoilers on that front for now.

iFirez

I think the "jumping off" point will be some two weeks from launch. That's when things will be spoiled. Since the guide releases the same day as the game, we shouldn't be too worried about spoilers on that front for now.
Publications are more likely to leak early than a game, if things that have happened before are anything to go by. I hope we get a spoiler free pre-release thread on here before the OT. I am worried that by mid-Feb we're going to see some big spoilers from an early copy of the Wii U version floating around.

Gamexplain said you can customize controls

In a previous post, i mentioned the options menu:

Just saw the adventure log menus, and the options menus. It seems there are options for:

- amiibo [USE | DON'T USE]
- invert horizontal camera [ON | OFF]
- invert vertical camera [ON | OFF]
- camera sensitivity [NORMAL (and other options not shown)]
- aim with motion controls [ON | OFF]
- change jump button [ ON | OFF ]
- fix minimap to the north [ ON | OFF]
- HUD MODE [NORMAL (and other options not shown)]
- Message Window transparency [NORMAL (and other options not shown)]

The adventure log tab shows four different tabs, one for main quests, side quests, dialogue?, and other that is spoilerish

Frostman

What are the chances we get more Wii-U gameplay before release?

I would love to see an updated comparison between both versions before release.

hatchx

Banned
Just saw the adventure log menus, and the options menus. It seems there are options for:

The adventure log tab shows four different tabs, one for main quests, side quests, dialogue?, and other that is spoilerish

Interesting. Glad we change the HUD.

Wondering what 'change jump button' changes it to? I'm not sure what on/off means.

Change jump: on/off? What does that even mean? Swap between two different options maybe?

For all intents and purposes the Wii U version is now dead, beyond it actually getting released. So I doubt we'll see any official footage.

Interesting. Glad we change the HUD.

Wondering what 'change jump button' changes it to? I'm not sure what on/off means.

It probably just swaps it with one other preset button. Like, instead of X, turning "change jump button" on switches it to A.

iFirez

From Nintendo... I'd say less likely at this point but I do think we'll get leaks specifically of the Wii U version before release due to places breaking street date...etc. So I imagine one of these copies will end up the hands of a YouTuber with a good capture card and we'll get some new Wii U footage that way

Yeah, Feb 15 is when I'll start blocking a selection of sites and pages. I'll start being careful on the 1st because you never know.

Caelus

This is cool stuff, looks like the most amount of options for a 3D Zelda ever provided. Hopefully I can turn the HUD completely off for full immersion, after all, I can still check hearts on the menu screen.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Also, at the gameinformer gameplay video, the show two menus aside from the map of the sheikah slate: here at 2:30 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IweIZOQ7W9U

One shows 12 different slots, and the other 24 different slots. Did anyone see these menus after getting a rune?

Whoa that's new! I'm on mobile so I can't get any good screengrabs but there is Sheikah writing at the top of the map screen indicating what the menus to the side are. Can anyone translate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom