• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Hey PlayStation, here’s how you compete. Buy Ubisoft”: God of War Creator David Jaffe Sends Another Out-of-Hand Message to PlayStation After He Could

bender

What time is it?
kobe-bryant-confused.gif

davidjaffe davidjaffe

Last edited:

Audiophile

Not saying I support it (unless they fixed AC, in which case feck it, bring it on..) but they'd probably be cheaper than Bungie.

Why does anyone pay any attention to Jaffe? The dude is on the precipice of a mental breakdown.

I don't mind Jaffe but he does say some of the dumbest shit ever. He was saying HD2 was going to fail and that PS should have given it away free on PS+. Now I can't give him to much flak for that because who could have predicted how good HD2 would do but still it just shows this guy isn't some guru of running a business.

Alebrije

There is nothing UBI has to offer to Sony. Sony has better singleplayer games, better Open world ones, better platform...

Ubi has become that generic Cell phone company that wants compete vs Apple Samsung, Huawei, and Even Motorola...

And is sad that every time some talk about David Jaffe emerges, the slogan "God of War Creador". Has to be included to give it some relevance.

Last edited:
I was going to say the same. Who are they competing with?
Its precisely that thought process that will lead to Microsoft eating their lunch eventually. While they're celebrating all their past achievements Microsoft is creating a lineup that at some point will be undeniable by even their biggest detractors

Iced Arcade

I approve if it means we can get a new Splinter Cell.

also ironically Sony would then own the streaming right to Call Of Duty lol

Last edited:

CamHostage

We really need to stop posting this dude's shitty takes on here.

I really appreciate Jaffe's contributions to games and enjoy his insight into the industry sometimes... but yeah, his takes are brutally cold and unnecessary too often.

... Doesn't help though that he gets hot-take quote-memed all the time, with minimal context, as if he's an expert to take serious.

Guy's just flapping his gums on a podcast. I wish he was back producing games, but the biz hits differently these days.

He’s gotta be talking financially here… right? (I’m not reading it).

I mean shit, if Sony could buy a big publisher/developer, keep those games everywhere, rake in the cash to afford the high production value of their exclusive “core” first party games. Last thing to do would be to laugh all the way to the bank……. I mean this is what Microsoft has to be doing right? It sounds like a win win situation not only for shareholders/investors, the company as a whole and us the gamers.

When it’s all said and done, the only thing these companies care about is the companies bottom line.

Hrk69

Gold Member
Maybe we'll get different fonts in AC games now

I'm so sick of Ubisoft using the same font for every fucking game

Top Bottom