• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Hey PlayStation, here’s how you compete. Buy Ubisoft”: God of War Creator David Jaffe Sends Another Out-of-Hand Message to PlayStation After He Could

StueyDuck

nah... if anything tie up Koji or something they work with.

But hard no, stop buying things you idiot corpos. that would be how i would tell them to compete

Winter John

I ain’t the biggest Sony fan, especially this gen, but even I wouldn’t recommend they buy that shitty company. CDPR? Sure. FROM? Absolutely. Ubisoft? Lol. Fuck no. Ubi are trash.

VSNJZR9.jpeg

Sorcerer

Xbox hasn't won a thing. 10 years to build up to one very good showcase? What about the next decade? We've seen some of these games year after year and some still have no release date.
All Sony needs to do is get the big games out soony.

Now if were talking the number of color variations for controllers than Xbox is King and leaves PlayStation in the dust.

Last edited:
You know how they say "you never go full retard"?

David Jaffe is an omega-tier retard. This dude goes full retard on a weekly basis.

That's why I like listening to him whenever he does a livestream. I especially love his conversations with this guy pturtle, this guy pturtle schools him everytime they argue lol

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
Buy Ubisoft for a few billion, just to fire probably tens of thousands, maybe even close some of their existing studios, to take on a company with a deserved lame reputation. Just because they had a decent hype show.

Varteras

Gold Member
Jaffe still think the game is # of games. Therefore he thinks PlayStation needs more studios to compete in a # of games race.

That's not the game anymore. The game is building juggernauts.

I don't even know how he came to that conclusion. Like, did he not just witness the closure, consolidation, and spinoffs of 5 studios by Microsoft? Did he not read their words that they want to focus on their big franchises? Has he not seen the state of the games Xbox has been putting out?

GHound

Gold Member
What would I ever do without more of that style of game Sony's first party line up is lacking? Third person, over the shoulder, action adventure games that target photo realism in a "wide linear" or open world environment.

DJ12

Disagree with that, but he is a one hit wonder.

No one would listen to Toto’s view on the current music scene.
Didn't he do twisted metal also? That be a 2 hit wonder. Like Ugly Kid Joe
He’s gotta be talking financially here… right? (I’m not reading it).

I mean shit, if Sony could buy a big publisher/developer, keep those games everywhere, rake in the cash to afford the high production value of their exclusive “core” first party games. Last thing to do would be to laugh all the way to the bank……. I mean this is what Microsoft has to be doing right? It sounds like a win win situation not only for shareholders/investors, the company as a whole and us the gamers.

When it’s all said and done, the only thing these companies care about is the companies bottom line.
Why buy anything when you can get 30% for simply letting others sell their junk on your platform.

Deerock71

Both power-hungry, graphics-overvaluing, 120fps-lusting consoles are about to go through some prolonged constipation, anyway. Adding Ubisoft into Sony's bowels would be like eating a half-pound cheeseburger after eating a wheel of aged cheddar with fries. Best for Microsoft and Sony to strap themselves onto the toilet seat, put their mouthpiece in, and bear down on delivering some breached butt-babies.

Varteras

Gold Member
I honestly figured they would own Square Enix at this point, but that never happened. 🤔
Konami, Capcom, Sega, and Square would only sell in the most dire of circumstances. They're all essentially family businesses. I used to think one of them would be bought, until I looked more into how they're operated and by whom.

good lord no! that's the last thing I want as a long time PlayStation owner. Ubisoft had not had anything I'm interested in for years now. especially after their NFT attempt and how terrible Shadows is when compare to Ghost Of Tsushima, I want nothing to do with them.

Sorcerer

Konami, Capcom, Sega, and Square would only sell in the most dire of circumstances. They're all essentially family businesses. I used to think one of them would be bought, until I looked more into how they're operated and by whom.
Isn't Sega owned by Sammy? I thought Sammy was trying to unload Sega at one point. I could be wrong of course.

Audiophile

Gonna go against the tide a bit here.

The state of Ubisoft right now is likely a reflection of management. I think there's a lot of talent there that's under the thumb of that bad management and a bunch of bad decisions. While I'm not saying Sony are great right now I'd still argue they're probably better equipped to take the reigns. The pull here isn't what they're doing now, but lots of big IP, lots of resources, lots of embedded talent and a lot of longer term potential.

Sony bought Bungie for $3.7B in value and got Destiny, Marathon and a bunch of live service infrastructure/expertise.

Ubi could probably be had a tiny bit cheaper. To acquire the following IP: Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Tom Clancy (R6, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell and more..), Just Dance, The Crew, Watch_Dogs, Trials, Trackmania, Anno, Settlers & much more. Possibly licenses such as Avatar, Monopoly (lol..), South Park, TMNT & Uno, And of course, multiple large studios with a vast amount of resources.

Not saying I'm for it again, but relatively speaking it's not an unreasonable concept from their perspective. I think Ubisoft are cheap right now.

jwaxeman

As much as I’d love to see what Ghost Recon could look like with Sony AAA budget, there’s so much messy baggage with Ubisoft and they haven’t really made compelling games in many years. Everything is a sequel trending down. Except for the Star Wars game, which is already getting bad previews.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
I unsubbed from his channel. I can not stand how he works his dog shit crack pot politics into every topic. He's hypocritical, egotistic, and obnoxious. He and his ilk literally are contributing to the downfall of western civilization. He's unhinged, bat shit crazy, and everything wrong with the left. I'll leave it at that.

Top Bottom