• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014/15 UEFA Champions League Final |OT| Juve vs Barca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Don't forget Barca were banned from signing players and signed a player who was banned from playing football.

#Bitter #FuckSpanishFootball #FuckBusquets

Luis-Su%C3%A1rez-meme-mordida-13.jpg

I just realized messi, neymar and suarez, all three are from south america. they're not even european lol.

congrats barca! happy for them

Just means they wont have to lie and say they didnt deserve it like torrest did :p

All that salt at his goal

Pranay

Barca easily the best team in this tournament.

Defeated all the champions from other leagues.

Messi, Xavi and Iniesta with there 4th ucl

Captain.Falafel

Neo Member
As a neutral, that wasn't the result I wanted for the sake of European football on the whole.

Have to say that Barcelona did deserve it and it was a high quality competitive final and that both teams did themselves proud.

SkylineRKR

Rightful winners overall, but Juventus gave them a hard time. They didn't park the bus and I even felt they had the edge in the second half until that clutch moment.

I rooted for them being the underdogs and all.

Proud of Suarez making the 2-1 though. We brought him to Europe, for everyone to hate :)

Porcile

You really could love Barca, but their team just has so many utter nobheads. Skillful nobheads, but nobheads none the less. Which is strange when you consider that Mascherano, Iniesta, Xavi, Messi and Pique, basically the main spine of the team, are mostly honourable guys. Where as it's painful to watch Suarez, Neymar, Alves and Busquets doing their dumb shit.

Players as usual throwing themselves to the ground in the end of the game was a quick reminder of why I fucking hate this sport. They really should change the rule about the clock, make it stop or something. We're in 2015, enough of this goofy shit.

SkylineRKR

Yeah Juventus only beat Ajax on pens or AET which was supposed to be doped.

They lost a boatload of finals since.

Is Xavi the biggest champion of all time? He won every tourney he disputed.

Casillas won a fuckload of prizes too. Also 4 CL.

EDIT: no thats wrong, Illgner was the goalie in 1998.

Ophiuchus

I am Milan fan but wanted Juve to win.Still Juve played well I think.Barca has gathered most of the best players out there and they call it even match.

Porcile

Is Xavi the biggest champion of all time? He won every tourney he disputed.

Pele. Won all the League and European equivalents in South America, as well as three World Cups.

Edit - Actually, he didn't win the Copa America. So maybe Xavi is!

He's the highest paid player in the world.

He's the highest paid player in the world because Barcelona basically took him at zero cost at a young age and carefully nurtured his talent. That hardly goes along with the contention here that Barca throw transfer money at things and buy all the best players ala Madrid so poor poor teams like Juventus can't compete. Barca's greatest players are all home-grown.

jtb

Banned
He's the highest paid player in the world because Barcelona basically took him at zero cost at a young age and carefully nurtured his talent. That hardly goes along with the contention here was that Barca throw transfer money at things and buy all the best players ala Madrid. Their greatest players are all home-grown.

He's the highest paid player in the world because Barcelona and Real Madrid have a duopoly on the Spanish TV rights and can afford to keep their homegrown players.

Barcelona would not have won this CL without many high profile, expensive transfers.

Syntsui

He's the highest paid player in the world because Barcelona basically took him at zero cost at a young age and carefully nurtured his talent. That hardly goes along with the contention here that Barca throw transfer money at things and buy all the best players ala Madrid so poor poor teams like Juventus can't compete. Barca's greatest players are all home-grown.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom