• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup Final |OT| Germany defeats Argentina 1-0 after extra time

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Does anybody have a high res version of the group photo germany took when they won, with the "2014 world cup champions banner"? Specifially the one when they are holding up Reus shirt.

luso

^ Yes, it's getting harder. Nowadays powerful kicks on free-kicks is the norm, from 2010 on is even more noticeable

fuenf

couldnt see the celebration but wow just read about the Argentina / Brazil trolling, didnt know I could love this team anymore than I already did. FUCK YEAH :)

Gambit

really awesome. I first read the (pathetic) story on SPON about it, when in reality it iwas nothing. Let these guys have some fun, it's a fan song. And trolling Brazil was deserved, hated that shit during the World Cup.

just read the article. SPON is pathetic indeed. What a typically German article. "Someone's having fun? oh, we gotta stop it and report it. Let's not offend anyone, please."

This is nothing compared to, for example, the Argentine guys making fun of Brazil.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
twepip.gif

As quick a lesson as you would expect would be the one to not underestimate Argentina. Friendly or not.

spekkeh

Banned
Did Van Gaal do the same when he was at Bayern, apart from Robben? At Barcelona at one point he had like nine Dutch players XD.

Blablurn

I suppose I should acknowledge this bad attempt at bating. No, it's calling things as you see them. Unless people somehow some don'y give Argentina some due credit even after the game.

Well. They played shit for most of the tournament. Their best game was the final. Still not enough to beat Germany.

Enough credit?

LiquidMetal14

I don't know what team you support but i'm sure they are pretty bad. Pls unfollow me. Have a nice day.

The irony is that in your figuratively drunken support for Germany you have failed to keep up enough to realize I have been rooting for them. That makes some of your comments no less obnoxious in the last couple of days. I just want to make sure I don't get too blatantly sarcastic or have the same tone as your posts so I won't throw in some immature banter.

Well. They played shit for most of the tournament. Their best game was the final. Still not enough to beat Germany.

Enough credit?

They only trailed those last 6-8~ minutes of the game and that's the only time they trailed all tournament. Again, not enough credit given.

Blablurn

The irony is that in your figuratively drunken support for Germany you have failed to keep up enough to realize I have been rooting for them. That makes some of your comments no less obnoxious in the last couple of days. I just want to make sure I don't get too blatantly sarcastic or have the same tone as your posts so I won't throw i some immature banter.

I respect your opinion.

Jack cw

I suppose I should acknowledge this bad attempt at bating. No, it's calling things as you see them. Unless people somehow some don'y give Argentina some due credit even after the game.

Fair enough, but right now we are all just happy and hyped for the team and the championship. We just beat Argentina and whatever happens in a friendly shortly after pre season is somewhat irrelevant, because clubs will focus on a good start in their domestic leagues and prepare for the first CL group stage matches.

LiquidMetal14

Fair enough, but right now we are all just happy and hyped for the team and the championship. We just beat Argentina and whatever happens in a friendly shortly after pre season is somewhat irrelevant, because clubs will focus on a good start in their domestic leagues and prepare for the first CL group stage matches.

I'm pretty happy too alongside with my brother in California. He's a big Germany supporter in futbol.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
The irony is that in your figuratively drunken support for Germany you have failed to keep up enough to realize I have been rooting for them. That makes some of your comments no less obnoxious in the last couple of days. I just want to make sure I don't get too blatantly sarcastic or have the same tone as your posts so I won't throw in some immature banter.
German media and the obnoxious fanbase are the only reason I'm unable to cheer for this team. Even if most of the team are good people playing very good football.

LiquidMetal14

German media and the obnoxious fanbase are the only reason I'm unable to cheer for this team. Even if most of the team are good people playing very good football.

The team itself is easy to like. Lots of character and humor. Fans are passionate to their benefit and detriment at times but as long as they're civil then good times for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom