• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup Final |OT| Germany defeats Argentina 1-0 after extra time

Status
Not open for further replies.
The friendly is one week before the first EC qualification match against Scotland.

So I think Germany will take it seriously + it could be the farewell match for Klose.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
German media and the obnoxious fanbase are the only reason I'm unable to cheer for this team. Even if most of the team are good people playing very good football.

I totally agree. I mean there is a reason why Austria doesn't like Germany. God if we would always act like this when we win a ski cup...

Haha but yeah whatever Germany being Germany as always. Let them have their fun.

GlamFM

Banned
I totally agree. I mean there is a reason why Austria doesn't like Germany. God if we would always act like this when we win a ski cup...

Haha but yeah whatever Germany being Germany as always. Let them have their fun.

Ski Cup vs World Cup....

Apples & Oranges

Gamester

Dude, the FIS WC is every year. Can't compare that to the FIFA WC. Do you see us celebrating like this for every F1 win Schumacher/Vettle achieved?

Austrians being Austrians. Jealous and sadly to often with a inferiority complex.

Austrian fans were well-known for throwing snowballs and insulting german ski jumpers back in the days. But whatever.... it always depends on which side you stand. But people forget that. (Young) Italian fans in Germany? Most germans would call them arrogant and obnoxious as well. It's just a matter of perspective.

Jack cw

German media and the obnoxious fanbase are the only reason I'm unable to cheer for this team. Even if most of the team are good people playing very good football.

I guess it's stuff like this why some people have a problem with the German teams fanbase.

Pls stop it. This high horse trolling of yours was annoying as hell in all the WC OTs already and a reason why I rarely posted there. Reading all your crying and complaining about Germany and its media, culture, behaviour, playstyle, people, morale, etc. I might put you on the ignore list after this but I hope you get reasonable and stop this elitist bullshit. Let the people have fun and dont put this on a level where it doesnt belong. Thx.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Austrian fans were well-known for throwing snowballs and insulting german ski jumpers back in the days. But whatever.... it always depends on which side you stand. But people forget that. (Young) Italian fans in Germany? Most germans would call them arrogant and obnoxious as well. It's just a matter of perspective.

Well, as a (old) arrogant and obnoxious Italian fan I can confirm that.

CassSept

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10384747_665269243550310_4961957689502081418_n.jpg[IMG]

it is known[/QUOTE]

It's 2014. This was the 20th World Cup. Germany won their fourth trophy. The first one since their third on 14th World Cup, in 1990.

2014-1990 = 24
20 - 14 = 6
4-3 = 1
24/6=4-1=3

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Pls stop it. This high horse trolling of yours was annoying as hell in all the WC OTs already and a reason why I rarely posted there. Reading all your crying and complaining about Germany and its media, culture, behaviour, playstyle, people, morale, etc. I might put you on the ignore list after this but I hope you get reasonable and stop this elitist bullshit. Let the people have fun and dont put this on a level where it doesnt belong. Thx.
Not that it matters if you put me on your shitlist. But just to make sure I was shitting on South Korea for the whole time. Also you don't actually have to make things up to put me on any list. I wouldn't even start to talk about Germanys culture and morale. We're talking about football here and I admittedly changed my tune about the fanbase after the finals, that's true. In the end it doesn't matter what I like or what I don't.

If you still think that this has somehow to with the country Germany. I fucking love living in Germany. My wife is German, my friends are German. I just don't like the German football media and the fanbase.
By stuff like that you mean not tolerating being insulted?
You insulted him back, mate. With stereotypes of his country of all things.

edit
Since it really shouldn't matter what I think, I'm out of this discussion. I won't comment on it anymore. You cool guys have fun, you not so cool guys too
just not as much as the nice ones
. I don't want to make this thread about my opinion anymore.

Blablurn

tumblr_n8r87nzcuf1so2uguo1_500.gif

tumblr_n8r87nzcuf1so2uguo2_500.gif

Jack cw

If you still think that this has somehow to with the country Germany. I fucking love living in Germany. My wife is German, my friends are German. I just don't like the German football media and the fanbase.

Ah, that again. I read that argument of yours nearly 20 times when somebody called you out it and still doesnt legitimate your shit posts. Have your opinion m8, that's fine but accusing "German football fans" of being obnoxious is just bullshit generalisation and dense after hearing it for the 20th time now.

Croyles

The irony is that in your figuratively drunken support for Germany you have failed to keep up enough to realize I have been rooting for them. That makes some of your comments no less obnoxious in the last couple of days. I just want to make sure I don't get too blatantly sarcastic or have the same tone as your posts so I won't throw in some immature banter.

They only trailed those last 6-8~ minutes of the game and that's the only time they trailed all tournament. Again, not enough credit given.

Argentina deserve a lot of credit. Caused us a lot of problems. The German team was ultra classy after beating Brazil and Argentina, now it's time for fun. Everyone else would do the same.

Could you imagine the war songs if England would beat Germany in a final again? lol

mantidor

Finally on the song, it just something normal between 2 rival nations, if you read the lyrics there is nothing offensive about it. It just mentions one of our few victories against Brazil in World cups and the usual Maradona is greater than Pele.

This is pretty disingenuous.

If I ever go to Argentina and sing shit about Maradona I'm not going to expect hugs and kisses and people to be cool headed about it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Ok, I had to google that. ;(
lol

Argentina deserve a lot of credit. Caused us a lot of problems. The German team was ultra classy after beating Brazil and Argentina, now it's time for fun. Everyone else would do the same.

Could you imagine the war songs if England would beat Germany in a final again? lol

I could only imagine even though it would be great to see all the traditional powers do well and get beyond group stage.

krYlon

Erm, what? There's no way that the England team would ever sing war songs if the impossible happened and they won against Germany in a final. Most right minded fans would not go near that either. That stuff is frowned upon and only used in (shit) comedy.

Croyles

Erm, what? There's no way that the England team would ever sing war songs if the impossible happened and they won against Germany in a final. Most right minded fans would not go near that either. That stuff is frowned upon and only used in (shit) comedy.

http://vimeo.com/100567648

Go to 2:16

I lived in England for more than 10 years trust me I know what it's like. During last WC when Germany played England the whole bar sung this, until the first goal went in.

Not all England supporters are like this obviously, the most I met were awesome people, and I enjoyed my time there.

krYlon

http://vimeo.com/100567648

Go to 2:16

I lived in England for more than 10 years trust me I know what it's like. During last WC when Germany played England the whole bar sung this, until the first goal went in.

Not all England supporters are like this obviously, the most I met were awesome people, and I enjoyed my time there.

Well, that's exactly what I said, most right minded supporters. And certainly not the actual team. They would get slaughtered by the media lol.

Edit: Those guys in that video are the scum of the earth to me, honestly, and it's those types of England supporters who give the rest of the decent supporters a bad name.

Croyles

Well, that's exactly what I said, most right minded supporters. And certainly not the actual team. They would get slaughtered by the media lol.

Haha no the team would never do that. Not what I meant to say. Could you imagine though? :p

But the "Gaucho" song is harmless man. Yeah it makes fun of them in a small way but it's nothing insulting. Pretty sure the Argentinians would do the same thing.

You saw how much respect the team had for the Argentinian team after the game. Götze wanted a picture with Messi cause he's one of his idols.

krYlon

Haha no the team would never do that. Not what I meant to say. Could you imagine though? :p

But the "Gaucho" song is harmless man. Yeah it makes fun of them in a small way but it's nothing insulting. Pretty sure the Argentinians would do the same thing.

You saw how much respect the team had for the Argentinian team after the game. Götze wanted a picture with Messi cause he's one of his idols.

Yeah the gaucho stuff doesn't seem too bad, certainly not in the same league lol

As an Argentine fan, we'd be equally if not more insufferable had we won it all. I can't hate on the Germans for going a bit overboard in their celebration. They won the final match, fair and square.

Enjoy your time in the sun, Germany.

alterno69

Banned
Fuck it, i'm moving to Germany. That Dusseldorf looks like a fine place to live.

I'm so happy for the germans tho, felt their pain in 2006. I've never been so happy as a neutral for other world champions.
Ñ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom