• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

22 Minutes Video of Redfall released

AJUMP23

Season 9 No GIF by The Office

But I hope those of you get it enjoy it

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Honestly the stuff I heard in this presentation made me more interested in it, but I'm still not hyped yet. Curious about release date. If it launches on Game Pass, I'll totally hit it up.
The story sounds interesting, powerful CEO predator type working on life extension accidentally turn themselves into vampires, but the agressive CEO type of personality fits well to becoming a vampire.

Robb

Gold Member
All I’m hoping for is that this is still a great singleplayer experience like many of their previous games, despite being designed for 4p…

Was a bit surprised by the delay into 2023 tbh, but I’ll definitely give it a go when the time comes.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Yeah I don't blame them, and I'm happy for people who will enjoy it..... Just being selfish for a moment lol
I prefer single player games to, but this does seem to have the same traits, it has a story and missions, the only difference is u play with other players, I don't know if they have bots.

Last edited:

reksveks

I mean, I figure it's a given it'll appear at SOME point, of course. But that's why I specified at launch. I mean, not a great example but Ghostwire didn't appear on GP at launch.
Ghostwire isn't available via any MS storefront, PC or Xbox cause of the exclusivity deal with Sony. I have to personally wonder if you are being deliberately obtuse sadly or if you think MS is making decisions on a game by game basis.

Anyways; https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/redfall
fvvED2W.jpg

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
Ghostwire isn't available via any MS storefront, PC or Xbox cause of the exclusivity deal with Sony. I have to personally wonder if you are being deliberately obtuse sadly or if you think MS is making decisions on a game by game basis.

Anyways; https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/redfall
fvvED2W.jpg
Chill. Definitely forgot about that. No need to get sassy.

I was unaware of any exclusive deal there, cause it was another game I wasn't super interested in, just knew about its existence. No, I wasn't thinking that at all, I just know that contracts exist for different reasons. Again, why I didn't go into details on something I didn't have knowledge on.

Redfall is confirmed day one on Gamepass
Thanks for the heads up. At first the game wasn't on my radar whatsoever, so it's probably why I forgot about this. I wasn't hyped about it at all originally, but I'm definitely more curious now. Though that's not saying much.

Last edited:

Caio

I like the gameplay, at least from what I have seen so far, and I really love the atmosphere and graphics/art design; I find it inspired and original, I'm sold.

It's a single player game also. Story, same Arkane world building and environmental storytelling. There are specific critical missions that are much more story focused that are designed to tell more of the game's narrative.
Are the critical missions single player? I'd feel much better if that was the case

Story built to be played with multiple people will never be as personal as single player

Another story altogether if you have ai partners, but from my understanding that's not the case

Are the critical missions single player? I'd feel much better if that was the case

Story built to be played with multiple people will never be as personal as single player

Another story altogether if you have ai partners, but from my understanding that's not the case

Critical missions are all designed for single-player, but can indeed be played together if you choose. The whole game is designed around singleplayer based on what they've described, all abilities work in singleplayer mode as well, but they have co-op specific benefits, like being able to share cloaking abilities with your allies. You can sneak up on enemies, listen to their conversations, play with stealth, back off, choose to go elsewhere. I'm glad it's got that singleplayer vibe to it or else I wouldn't be interested.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Critical missions are all designed for single-player, but can indeed be played together if you choose. The whole game is designed around singleplayer based on what they've described, all abilities work in singleplayer mode as well, but they have co-op specific benefits, like being able to share cloaking abilities with your allies. You can sneak up on enemies, listen to their conversations, play with stealth, back off, choose to go elsewhere. I'm glad it's got that singleplayer vibe to it or else I wouldn't be interested.
Also throw in the fact that progress isn't shared in co-op. The host continues the story, while the co-op player will still have to re-do those missions.

I guess to add onto that, the enemies only scale to the host.

Last edited:
I was going to try it out either way, but that's certainly re-assuring, thanks

since its arkane, I expect this to be good but I have no interest in this kind of game.

Prey 2.

please.
Prey was great. This doesn't interst me at all. I hope this is a one off and they go back to making pure single-player games. Seems doubtful though, as it's safer to chase those GaaS models with all the extra charges that you can throw into them.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
That looks absolutely atrocious. I had hoped that MS buying Bethesda would bring money to these studios who put zero effort into visuals but we simply havent seen that in Deathloop, Ghostwire and now Redfall. Redfall actually manages to somehow look even more dated than the other two. I gasped when i saw the trees and the open world landscape shot. Flashes of early gen PS4 games like Dying Light and Infamous. Hell, I think Infamous and Sunset Overdrive looked better. Starfield makes this game look two gens old.

The gameplay might be good, but again rooted in last gen mechanics, physics and ideas. I am not seeing what makes this a 2023 next gen only title. Players and critics both need to be far harsher on these games going forward.

giphy.gif

That looks absolutely atrocious. I had hoped that MS buying Bethesda would bring money to these studios who put zero effort into visuals but we simply havent seen that in Deathloop, Ghostwire and now Redfall.

Wow! It's almost like those games were over halfway through development when purchased or something

Two of the 3 games aren't even out on Xbox nitwit

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Wow! It's almost like those games were over halfway through development when purchased or something
eh i dont want to hear excuses. Deathloop and Ghostwire i can understand, but Redfall would be releasing almost 3 years after the acquisition in September 2020. An MS exec shouldve gone in, looked at the footage and told them to redo the visuals. The game hadnt even been revealed yet. It took em 10 months to reveal the game in CG form after the acquisition. Tell them it's a freaking exclusive. Put some effort into it. Take some freaking pride in your work.

Top Bottom