• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4K UHD/Blu-ray/DVD Community Thread: Bringing the Theater Home!

Aggelos

Crawl is a nice and tight horror movie.

YUUg9qu.jpg

Outpost #31

Special Features and Technical Specs:

DISC ONE - 4K BLU-RAY
4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM FROM THE ORIGINAL CAMERA NEGATIVE
DOLBY VISION/HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
ALL-NEW DOLBY ATMOS AUDIO TRACK + 5.1 + original Dolby Stereo

DISC TWO - BLU-RAY
Audio: 5.1 + original Dolby Stereo
NEW Deleted Scene Storyboards – Tom Holland guides us through the film's only deleted scene, using his personal pre-production storyboards
NEW Holland/Beyda Spec Trailer with an Introduction by Tom Holland – the never-before-seen alternate trailer cut by Fright Night editor Kent Beyda with the guidance—and narration—of Tom Holland
Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Tom Holland, Actors Chris Sarandon & Jonathan Stark, Moderated by Filmmaker Tim Sullivan
Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Tom Holland, Actors William Ragsdale & Stephen Geoffreys, FX Artist Randall Cook, Moderated by Journalist Jeremy Smith and Filmmaker Tim Sullivan
You're So Cool, Brewster! The Story of Fright Night
What is Fright Night
Tom Holland: Writing Horror
Theatrical Trailers

DISC THREE - BLU-RAY
NEW Fright Night 35th Anniversary Script Read – an anniversary cast reunion and script reading featuring writer/director Tom Holland and special guests including Rosario Dawson, Jason Patric, and many more!
NEW The Queer Lens: Bryan Fuller in Conversation with Amanda Bearse – a candid discussion between Fright Night aficionado Bryan Fuller (Hannibal, Queer for Fear: The History of Queer Horror) and Fright Night star Amanda Bearse about the Gothic's queer roots, the film's queer subtext, and its metaphorical power
NEW A Novel Approach: The Splatterpunk Story of the Fright Night Novelization – Tom Holland, Fright Night novelization authors John Skipp and Craig Spector, and publisher Mark Alan Miller discuss how the progenitors of the splatterpunk genre came to work on the book, their writing process, and the novel's enduring legacy
NEW SFX Storyboard Comparisons – a selection of original storyboards from key effects sequences, compared with their final filmed versions
Roddy McDowall: From Apes to Bats
Tom Holland and Amanda Bearse Talk Fright Night
Round Table with Tom, Stephen and William
Shock Till You Drop Presents Choice Cuts with Tom Holland and Ryan Turek
First Ever Fright Night Reunion Panel - Fear Fest 2 (2008)
Weekend of Hell Panel with Amanda and Stephen
Vintage EPK with Behind-the-Scenes Raw Footage

"Welcome to Fright Night.... for real."

RxY6uAX.jpg

This is an obvious _must have_ for me
Can't wait

Last edited:

MacReady13

[/URL][/URL]

Special Features and Technical Specs:

DISC ONE - 4K BLU-RAY
DOLBY VISION/HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
ALL-NEW DOLBY ATMOS AUDIO TRACK + 5.1 + original Dolby Stereo

DISC TWO - BLU-RAY
Audio: 5.1 + original Dolby Stereo
NEW Deleted Scene Storyboards – Tom Holland guides us through the film's only deleted scene, using his personal pre-production storyboards
NEW Holland/Beyda Spec Trailer with an Introduction by Tom Holland – the never-before-seen alternate trailer cut by Fright Night editor Kent Beyda with the guidance—and narration—of Tom Holland
Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Tom Holland, Actors Chris Sarandon & Jonathan Stark, Moderated by Filmmaker Tim Sullivan
Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Tom Holland, Actors William Ragsdale & Stephen Geoffreys, FX Artist Randall Cook, Moderated by Journalist Jeremy Smith and Filmmaker Tim Sullivan
You're So Cool, Brewster! The Story of Fright Night
What is Fright Night
Tom Holland: Writing Horror
Theatrical Trailers

DISC THREE - BLU-RAY
NEW Fright Night 35th Anniversary Script Read – an anniversary cast reunion and script reading featuring writer/director Tom Holland and special guests including Rosario Dawson, Jason Patric, and many more!
NEW The Queer Lens: Bryan Fuller in Conversation with Amanda Bearse – a candid discussion between Fright Night aficionado Bryan Fuller (Hannibal, Queer for Fear: The History of Queer Horror) and Fright Night star Amanda Bearse about the Gothic's queer roots, the film's queer subtext, and its metaphorical power
NEW A Novel Approach: The Splatterpunk Story of the Fright Night Novelization – Tom Holland, Fright Night novelization authors John Skipp and Craig Spector, and publisher Mark Alan Miller discuss how the progenitors of the splatterpunk genre came to work on the book, their writing process, and the novel's enduring legacy
NEW SFX Storyboard Comparisons – a selection of original storyboards from key effects sequences, compared with their final filmed versions
Roddy McDowall: From Apes to Bats
Tom Holland and Amanda Bearse Talk Fright Night
Round Table with Tom, Stephen and William
Shock Till You Drop Presents Choice Cuts with Tom Holland and Ryan Turek
First Ever Fright Night Reunion Panel - Fear Fest 2 (2008)
Weekend of Hell Panel with Amanda and Stephen
Vintage EPK with Behind-the-Scenes Raw Footage

"Welcome to Fright Night.... for real."

RxY6uAX.jpg

This is an obvious _must have_ for me
Can't wait
Thanks for this! My fav vampire film of all time on 4K? I have this on Blu Ray (Special edition UK release) but will double dip for 4K! Now for someone, ANYONE to release part 2...

VulcanRaven

I pre-ordered The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Karloff in Maniac Mayhem set and The Most Dangerous Game from Eureka. I have only seen the last one. It was filmed at the same time as King Kong and uses some of the same sets and actors. I really like the slipcase:

EKA70472_MostDangerousGame_both-packs_website.jpg

Last edited:

squallheart

hzdm6iT.jpg
just pre ordered this. Would you like to know more?

Celebrate 25 years of the sci-fi action favorite, from director Paul Verhoeven
  • Returns to 4K UHD with collectible SteelBook packaging
  • Presented in full 4K resolution, now with Dolby Vision, plus immersive Dolby Atmos audio + 5.1 audio options
  • In addition to hours of existing special features, now also includes a 25th anniversary cast reunion!
About this title:
  • Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Adventure
  • Format: Subtitled, 4K
  • Contributor: Paul Verhoeven, Casper Van Dien, Denise Richards, Michael Ironside, Jon Davison, Alan Marshall, Jake Busey, Clancy Brown, Neil Patrick Harris, Dina Meyer, TriStar Pictures; Walt Disney PicturesPaul Verhoeven, Casper Van Dien, Denise Richards, Michael Ironside, Jon Davison, Alan Marshall, Jake Busey, Clancy Brown, Neil Patrick Harris, Dina Meyer, TriStar Pictures; Walt Disney Pictures See more
  • Language: English
  • Runtime: 2 hours and 9 minutes

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I really like the Dark Knight Steelbooks that Zavvi recently put out. I only ordered the actual "The Dark Knight" one, but it's got that great shot of Heath Ledger sticking his head out the police car window, as the cover.

Aggelos

It seems like the Evil Dead 4K BD might have the unrated cut, into the bargain. Run Time 91 / 97 min.

EviDea2013_UHD_Cover_72dpi.webp

theclaw135

Banned
4k doesn't have much to offer me. I could upgrade the usual blockbusters like Star Wars and Back to the Future. But several of my favorites will never get spectacular releases.

A new scan of Pokemon's first season isn't happening. Too many dub edits and seizure edits.
I wish TMNT would be more loved. Not sure how much better source material exists for 1987 (it seems crisper in other countries). 2003 was left incomplete on video (Back to the Sewer is import only). The
2012 series was produced in HD beginning to end... with a paltry zero episodes on blu-ray.

In other news, for quirky Japanese stuff Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman is out today. Subbed DVD only is still a thing!?

HAYA8U5A

OnWw2d2.jpg

Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Sony Pictures Classics with this limited edition box set:

Limited edition gift set includes fully remastered 4K UHD disc debuts for ORLANDO, THE CITY OF LOST CHILDREN, THE CELLULOID CLOSET, RUN LOLA RUN, SLC PUNK, THE DEVIL’S BACKBONE, VOLVER, SYNECDOCHE NEW YORK, STILL ALICE and CALL ME BY YOUR NAME – the only way to get these movies on 4K UHD, plus CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON with Dolby Vision
  • All eleven films presented with Dolby Vision HDR for the most premium presentation possible
  • CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON also includes Dolby Atmos audio; all films include original theatrical audio, as well
  • Includes hours of special features across the films: a mix of archival materials and exciting new content
  • Also includes a booklet with an all-new essay about the legacy of Sony Pictures Classics and details about the included films

VulcanRaven

The War of the Worlds (1953) gets released on 4K Blu-Ray in Europe. Release date: November 7.

f953d0e2-b7b2-4551-859a-dd28883d1648.jpg

Two of the most iconic science fiction epics from Paramount Pictures come together in one out-of-this-world double feature from producer George Pal. Making its 4K UHD debut, THE WAR OF THE WORLDS is an Oscar®-winning* adaptation of the chilling H.G. Wells novel. Then, get ready for impending disaster when a runaway star signals the destruction of Earth in WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE, included on Blu-ray™ remastered from the original film elements. Both are essential Technicolor masterpieces from the Golden Age of Hollywood, delivering eye-popping visual effects.

This collector's edition includes The War of the Worlds (1953) 4K UHD, When Worlds Collide Blu-ray, 8 photo cards, 5 art cards and 2 magnets

When Worlds Collide on normal Blu-Ray.

Edit: The US version gets released on September 27.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
God some people can be awkward bastards. Sold someone on eBay my Goodfellas 4K. Didn't come with the standard Blu Ray, my mistake, must have taken it out. Offer to refund him £3.50 so he can spend 10 seconds clicking "buy" on a Goodfellas Blu Ray disc, problem solved. No, he wants to ship the 4K back to me and cost me that £3.50 in return postage.

Jokes on him if he's trying to buy Goodfellas 4K in 2022 though, it's notoriously garbage.

Top Bottom