• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

68th Primetime Emmys | Hosted by Jimmy Kimmel | Sept. 18 7e/4p

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Wait, so there's a series called American Crime AND a series called American Crime Story? It seems like most people refer to the latter as something else ("The OJ Show"), but still, that's ridiculous.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Vance absolutely deserved that win. He had one of those performances where you couldn't wait for the character to come back on screen.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Hello, legs.
hqdefault.jpg

Said the exact same thing.

Ugh, I guess I should watch O.J., but I really don't care about the topic. Lived through it in the 90s, that was enough.

“It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.” - Roger Ebert.

It's true for anything really, because I'll give anything a shot, regardless of subject matter. (although O.J is a great hook for me regardless)

I would also recommend watching 30 for 30: O.J: Made In America.

As someone who thought the same before watching OJ, you are wrong. Its fantastic.

That's the best endorsement I've heard yet, it must be fantastic to make it worth reliving that. =)

Edit: And thanks DontBeThatGuy and RastaMentality for your recommendation as well, guess I gotta watch it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm a huge fan of Luther...but I didn't think this past series was their best effort. It felt unfinished.

I quite enjoyed The Abominable Bride though.

golem

I'm a huge fan of Luther...but I didn't think this past series was their best effort. It felt unfinished.

I quite enjoyed The Abominable Bride though.

I liked Abomindable Bride and Luther (more or less) but agree that they felt far below peak BBC quality.

kswiston

I watched about half of American Crime Story, and I'm not really sure where some of these nominations/wins are coming from. Courtney Vance and Sterling Brown were great and are fine pics. The show itself was just alright. I have no idea why John Travolta and David Schwimmer are even nominated.

I watched about half of American Crime Story, and I'm not really sure where some of these nominations/wins are coming from. Courtney Vance and Sterling Brown were great and are fine pics. The show itself was just alright. I have no idea why John Travolta and David Schwimmer are even nominated.
Probably start with watching the entirety of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom