• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

99 Nights, next gen Dynasty Warriors? Or much, much more?

Mrbob

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=359&Itemid=2

When a comparison to Dynasty Warriors is raised after viewing a trailer pitched as a representative vision for the game, Lee is quick to point out, “Dynasty Warriors is a few hundred soldiers. For us we're shooting for 20,000 soldiers in a frame. The sheer scale of the game is going to be entirely different. While we had a fair number of characters onscreen with Kingdom Under Fire, we're going to be drastically upping those numbers. With one swipe of your weapon, you might now kill 100 people. With one spell, we want players to be able to kill 1000 people or more."

Yeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw! :D

Didn't know Phantagram is involved with this, too. I hope this game pans out. I'm salivating at the thought of next gen hack and slash action!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Clearly a Phantagram / Mizuguchi collaboration should make quite a great game. Hopefully we'll get more informations about this game in 16 days.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Doesn't Rome Total War already have thousands of soldiers being animated in real time?

sangreal

Interesting. This is what Mizuguchi said at launch:
Commenting that one of Ninety-Nine Nights' major points is its "massive" armies, Mizuguchi revealed that the Xbox 360 allowed for "at least" 1,000 soldiers to be rendered on the screen at once. He added that his team isn't satisfied with that number; they are currently attempting to display as many as 2,000 soldiers simultaneously--all taking advantage of the 360's high-definition resolution.

Mrbob

GaimeGuy said:
Doesn't Rome Total War already have thousands of soldiers being animated in real time?

Naw. Maybe hundreds. At least I haven't seen thousands. Perhaps I didn't get to bigger maps. Anyway Rome: Total War is more like a tactical RTS. 99 Nights is hack and slash.

rastex

Banned
This is my most anticipated next-gen game. KuF is a great game, and I love Mizuguchi's work, so putting the two houses together makes me really excited to see what they bring.

Taibhse

If you had played Kingdom Under Fire, you would not be mentioning dynasty warriors just because you see dudes with swords on a screen.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
TheDuce22 said:
So they went fro 2000 to 20,000 or is that a typo.

It depends on how you're counting them, I guess. You could have 2000 "proper" models within appropriate distance of the camera and then many more "placeholders" further away. Basically LOD. If you can't tell the difference..

Mrbob

Taibhse said:
If you had played Kingdom Under Fire, you would not be mentioning dynasty warriors just because you see dudes with swords on a screen.

Huh? The article is comparing it to Dynasty Warriors. :D Kingdom Under fire has some more strategy to it, but it isn't very well implemented. Anyway, just since Phantagram is partially involved means it'll be just like KuF either.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
99nights wont have the same level of strategy KUF has, its more about the action, i think they said KUF was 70/30 action/strategy, 99nights is the opposite (or something), so it really is more like DW.

DW - fog = Awesome

At the very least this will set a bar for Koei to try and beat.

Ash Housewares

The Mountain Jew
I'd prefer having fewer enemies that don't die in one hit instead of running around killing thousands of ants, but that's just me

Ash Housewares said:
I'd prefer having fewer enemies that don't die in one hit instead of running around killing thousands of ants, but that's just me

Yep that is you. And there are games that cater to that end of the spectrum as well.

Top Bottom