• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Greenberg: 60fps will be the standard output for Xbox Series X

D.Final

Banned
ilwvnO8.gif

True

I think at this point you are reading his words like scripture... by adding what suits you in the middle of the words that were not in the text in the first place, when it doesn't fit reality, you adapt your interpretation instead of accepting that the guy was wrong to begin with.
Is it possible that he was as a spokesman for MS was speaking for MS products? It isn't within the realm of reality that that could be true? Interesting.

Is it possible that he was as a spokesman for MS was speaking for MS products? It isn't within the realm of reality that that could be true? Interesting.

You're expecting reasonable discussion in a year when new consoles are releasing?

giphy.gif

Right now it doesn't matter what one dev says on either side, people are just waiting for slip-ups so they have ammo. It all good fun to watch, but any actual conversation eventually degrades into shit flinging. I honestly think it's why Sony has been so tight-lipped and hesitant to show anything tangible.

NO WAY 4k 60 fps is being standard at 10 ish teraflops. Unless you want actual graphics to stagnate.

Correct me if I'm wrong dog, but I have a 1080ti and run Destiny 2 at 4k/60fps with ALMOST everything maxed out. The xbox series x is being compared to a 2080 super and being on a closed system like the xbox, devs should easily be able to hit that performance mark. I'd be happy for games to stay the same/a little better in graphics if it meant 60fps locked. Hell, bump that 4k down to 1440p and still looks good. I'm on a 55 inch LG C8 (as my desktop monitor), and I find 1440p games quite... operational (as they say). :D

Maybe in another context, sure, but when he promotes the platform in general this is not what he meant... Or he needs to learn better communication skills, which is a strange weakness to have for someone who is a professional in the field.

It doesn't matter to me, but assuming you are right about his intentions, he has serious language problems. Adding the
A 2080 Ti struggles to hit 60 FPS at 4K with raytracing at medium only.
If you only play at Ultra for sure, but if you lower the details just a little bit you will hit the target and the differences will barely be noticeable.

RDNA 2 is the latest tech, so we can also expect improvements at that level.

Maybe in another context, sure, but when he promotes the platform in general this is not what he meant... Or he needs to learn better communication skills, which is a strange weakness to have for someone who is a professional in the field.

It doesn't matter to me, but assuming you are right about his intentions, he has serious language problems. Adding the distinction later doesn't make it less mis-leading.

Geki-D

Banned
"at the developer's discretion"
Obviously
WTF are you bumping a load of old threads with inane one sentence posts?

And many more.

What are you actually doing?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
"at the developer's discretion"
Obviously

Just like Smart Delivery, which is the same thing as Cross Buy. At the publisher/developers discretion.

They don't want to sell it to you that way though. It's only more "transparent" if you say the whole truth before the ambiguous statements. Not hang on to it until a publisher/developer later exposes it.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
WTF are you bumping a load of old threads with inane one sentence posts?

And many more.

What are you actually doing?

I just wanted to talk a little bit today.
(although maybe I'm arguing maybe a little too much)
[also because in the next few days I won't be able to be in the forum very often for work commitments with some software houses]

Just like Smart Delivery, which is the same thing as Cross Buy. At the publisher/developers discretion.

They don't want to sell it to you that way though. It's only more "transparent" if you say the whole truth before the ambiguous statements. Not hang on to it until a publisher/developer later exposes it.

"transparent"
THIS is exactly the right word that shoul be a mantra for the pubblishers.

Hasn't it always been the developers choice tho? At least that's always been my belief. We've had 60fps games in the past, on much older hardward than the PS4/One, so it's not something that was impossible. 60fps has always been achievable... when the developers are willing to make the sacrifices. I don't think there is such a thing as "enough" for 4k/60. Developers will always push for more effects, more polys, more draw distance, bigger worlds, they'll will that frame buffer (not sure If this is the right term) and we'll be back to right where we are again.

Top Bottom