• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Greenberg: Halo Infinite is the big title launching with Xbox Series X

2b6.jpg

j0hnnix

As a big Kojima and Sony Fan.. I'm going to say it. Xbox is doomed because of this tweet.

Adding to this. I am really skeptical about Halo INFINITE.. we all knew it would be a launch title but what else is there, that what everyone wants to see. From Software Elden Ring Xbox Exclusive would probably have Kojimas head explode..

Track record has been meh - Halo 5 was "ok" MCC was a debacle but fixed 400 years later using a time machine and Dr Who.

:)

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
Cmon guys, all it takes is one great Halo game, and all will be smooth sailing for Microsoft. I’m going to conveniently ignore the clear evidence that 343 doesn’t understand Halo. It’s like Bungie was The Mummy and 343 is The Scorpion King. Scorpion King is still a fun movie, but it’s clearly the not the same quality, and it’s not just about financial investment, games have to have heart and connect with players mang.

GHG

With how they are treating Reach/MCC on PC, I don't see this being a good game.

90% player loss in 1 month.

While my initial impressions were good they did nothing to fix the glaring and obvious bugs.

EDMIX

And XONE and PC...and 360

I lolz and or jk that last one.

I think Halo Infinite is them rebooting the IP and making it open world, I don't see the old school fans like myself returning. It was a ok run while it lasted. I just don't see it getting that base back, they belong to Battlefield and Call of Duty and or Fortnite now.

ANIMAL1975

"... is our big title"!
I read this like he only means 1st party, and there will be 3rd party exclusives (remember OsirisBlack hints), of course he wouldn't confirm this _ they are reserved for E3 announcements, or maybe still under negotiation process.

Halo 4 & 5 were god awful.

Completely ruining the trajectory of a ‘sandbox’ style foundation that Bungie had perfected With Halo 3.

That Scarab level where you could approach them in a multitude of ways in Co-Op was such a fantastic moment in gaming.

Then following that, instead of identifying moments like that which were memorable they went the design by committee route and chucked in a sprint button and iron sights...

Halo 3 & 4 were absolute garbage and I have zero hopes for this title.

In fact, Halo & Gears have been completely done to death by this stage and need a considerable shake up or just move on entirely.

Blond

Banned
Cmon guys, all it takes is one great Halo game, and all will be smooth sailing for Microsoft. I’m going to conveniently ignore the clear evidence that 343 doesn’t understand Halo. It’s like Bungie was The Mummy and 343 is The Scorpion King. Scorpion King is still a fun movie, but it’s clearly the not the same quality, and it’s not just about financial investment, games have to have heart and connect with players mang.

I've never seen my feelings about Halo 4 summed up so perfectly. It was fun, yeah, but it was clearly not the same thing. Stopped after 4 hours and wrote Halo off forever.

Naked Lunch

Lots of Halo haters round these parts.

Halo is still the best skill based FPS on the market. I played them all and nothing comes close. Sony and Nintendo, hell even PC, have no competition for it. The MCC in its updated state on XB1 is absolutely amazing and will be played and populated for years and years. The games are timeless. The PC should get the full version of MCC by the end of the year.

Its been a 6 year wait between Halo 5 and Infinity in 2020. Halo's new iteration has been long past due. H4+5 were good in spots and bad in others - im hopeful Infinite will bring it all together. We dont know much but splitscreen returning is a huge first step. As a Halo fan, im pretty damn exicited its launching with the new console.

With the MCC being rolled out on PC, the Showtime Halo show in production, and Infinite - 2020 is shaping up to be the biggest year in Halo history - even nearly 20 years since its debut.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned

Halo is still the best skill based FPS on the market. I played them all and nothing comes close. Sony and Nintendo, hell even PC, have no competition for it. The MCC in its updated state on XB1 is absolutely amazing and will be played and populated for years and years. The games are timeless. The PC should get the full version of MCC by the end of the year.

Its been a 6 year wait between Halo 5 and Infinity in 2020. Halo's new iteration has been long past due. H4+5 were good in spots and bad in others - im hopeful Infinite will bring it all together. We dont know much but splitscreen returning is a huge first step. As a Halo fan, im pretty damn exicited its launching with the new console.

With the MCC being rolled out on PC, the Showtime Halo show in production, and Infinite - 2020 is shaping up to be the biggest year in Halo history - even nearly 20 years since its debut.

Sorry Halo is no longer the best at anything and what was once fresh and innovative has turned in to a generic fest you can find better elsewhere.

Ppl have opinions so I'll respect yours but damn when I played the last mp I was like "this is what ppl were talking about? Shit felt old and outdated"

Naked Lunch

Sorry Halo is no longer the best at anything and what was once fresh and innovative has turned in to a generic fest you can find better elsewhere.
"Better elsewhere" Please explain.
There is zero competition in the arena shooter space. Quake and Unreal Tournament are long dead.
In the FPS space Overwatch, Fortnite, COD, and pubg are complete casual trash. Counter-Strike is pretty much the only good skill based FPS left but there is no console option.

Last edited:

gaming_noob

Ppl have opinions so I'll respect yours but damn when I played the last mp I was like "this is what ppl were talking about? Shit felt old and outdated"

Dis coming from someone who can’t wait for cookie cutter looter Godfall? 🤣

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
20 years on, launching with the same key franchise...

I can understand their reasoning but it strikes me as self-limiting. Halo was always a big deal in the NA market and a few others, but its never gained much traction in many, many more.

I also think that Halo's success historically has largely been about the type of game it is, as opposed to any signature creative element. This was great particularly around 2005-ish when online shooters were the new hotness on console, but since then the market has shifted considerably.

Point being, I think it'll do well for MS, but not that well.

Graciaus

With how they are treating Reach/MCC on PC, I don't see this being a good game.

90% player loss in 1 month.
How many of those were only there for the campaign though? They also ruined the audio which is a major negative. TU Reach is also not very good and vanilla wasn't massively popular in the first place. This isn't that surprising.

You'd have to wait until all games are released to get a real average player count.

Blond

Banned

I don't think anyone here hates Halo as much as they hate the direction they've gone in by turning it into a science fiction Call of Duty clone.

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
If Microsot is smart

The consumer space, not so much.

and wanted to push more unit they will make this game Series X exclusive and not released it on PC and Xbox One
Goes against what Satya's vision of "services" which is why a good portion of the business apps/services are on all types of platforms.

They don't really care about selling "units" of hardware, so the "want" is not really there.

I doubt it sells well on PC if its limited to the MS Store anyway. Either way there won't be enough Xbox SeX edition to support the game if they are doing a Destiny clone.... the bet is 10s of millions of copies sold or some type of magically 10-20m people sign up for GamePass and actually pay money at some point.

Thats if they have the guts to do it

The guts would be going against Satya and not increasing service revenue and than you get to see Microsoft's version of a pink slip.

The simple reason is.... there isn't enough users to support the service if you limit it to Xbox SeX.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Halo Infinite needs to be great. Low expectations because it’s 343. No one plays Halo anymore.

Halo Infinite is probably why I’ll get a Series X over a PS5 anyway (that and Series X being more powerful than the Ps5) but that’s just nostalgia talking for me.

Halo 5 still has the worst AAA shooter campaign like ever tho. 343 still has to prove they’re not some amateur hour cover band.

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
If Microsot is smart and wanted to push more unit they will make this game Series X exclusive and not released it on PC and Xbox One

And why is that, pray tell?? Infinite clearly is going to be a looker on Series X, no doubt about it. NO. DOUBT.

Gavon West

Halo Infinite needs to be great. Low expectations because it’s 343. No one plays Halo anymore.

Halo Infinite is probably why I’ll get a Series X over a PS5 anyway (that and Series X being more powerful than the Ps5) but that’s just nostalgia talking for me.

Halo 5 still has the worst AAA shooter campaign like ever tho. 343 still has to prove they’re not some amateur hour cover band.
Wow. Lol

Airbus Jr

Banned
And why is that, pray tell?? Infinite clearly is going to be a looker on Series X, no doubt about it. NO. DOUBT.

You dont even need to question this

If Halo Infinite is made as Series X exclusive it will boost more unit

Everyone who wants to play the game they HAVE to buy Series X

Making it available for PC and Xbox One will reduce that needs

If youre still question this then i have nothing else to say

Last edited:

Gavon West

You dont even need to question this

If Halo Infinite is made as Series X exclusive it will boost more unit

Everyone who wants to play the game they HAVE to buy Series X

Avilable in PC and Xbox One will reduce that needs
Bruh, you're still under the assumption Xbox is like Sony -- the end goal is to sell more hardware. They want to sell hardware but clearly they care more about selling software and services. They don't care where you play your games. Xcloud will be a huge endorser of this strategy next gen. Hardware is an option for Microsoft. With Sony they depend on hardware sales as much as software.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Bruh, you're still under the assumption Xbox is like Sony -- the end goal is to sell more hardware. They want to sell hardware but clearly they care more about selling software and services. They don't care where you play your games. Xcloud will be a huge endorser of this strategy next gen.

I already predict this will be your answer and my rethoric respond also remain the same aswell : no need to buy Xbox Series X for me to play this game

since Micrsoft dont bother with Xbox hardware anymore then il just get it on PC as you suggest

Last edited:

Bandi

Banned
Bruh, you're still under the assumption Xbox is like Sony -- the end goal is to sell more hardware. They want to sell hardware but clearly they care more about selling software and services. They don't care where you play your games. Xcloud will be a huge endorser of this strategy next gen. Hardware is an option for Microsoft. With Sony they depend on hardware sales as much as software.

huh? thats why sony now puts their exclusive games on PC? :D

If Microsot is smart and wanted to push more unit they will make this game Series X exclusive and not released it on PC and Xbox One

This is like the most self-defeating logic imaginable. It takes guts to release an exclusive game on a new platform?

Ummm, that's like the safest thing you could do. It takes guts to not do that, it shows confidence in not only the title itself but also their new hardware to sell even on the back of it having availability on their other platforms.

Airbus Jr

Banned
This is like the most self-defeating logic imaginable. It takes guts to release an exclusive game on a new platform?

Ummm, that's like the safest thing you could do. It takes guts to not do that, it shows confidence in not only the title itself but also their new hardware to sell even on the back of it having availability on their other platforms.

If were being honest here deep down you actually understand and agree with what i mean but you just dont want to admit it bcos it wil make you feel bad to talk about it and thats ok

Last edited:
If were being honest here deep down you actually understand and agree with what i mean but you just dont want to admit it bcos it wil make you feel bad to talk about it and thats ok
What takes more balls?

Sell X game attached to only Z platform to drive Z platform sales

or

Sell X game attached to X, Y & Z platform to drive Z platform sales

It shows confidence across their entire stack, and it shows confidence in their new platform that it will sell regardless of othered platform availability.

Airbus Jr

Banned
What takes more balls?

Sell X game attached to only Z platform to drive Z platform sales

or

Sell X game attached to X, Y & Z platform to drive Z platform sales

It shows confidence across their entire stack, and it shows confidence in their new platform that it will sell regardless of othered platform availability.

Dude no hard feeling but you remind me of Phil Spencer

Really cant talk with people like this..its like talking to a PR machine...its tiresome and exhausting...

Id rather listened to xbox fans like crapgamer who actually understand the importance of first party game and what it takes for xbox brand to survive...

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I already predict this will be your answer and my rethoric respond also remain the same aswell : no need to buy Xbox Series X for me to play this game

since Micrsoft dont bother with Xbox hardware anymore then il just get it on PC as you suggest

I have no need to buy the box, since PC is day 1. Free multiplayer as well, so no extra revenue on that front either.

mejin

xbone game pushed to be series X launch title is a good move. they can continue to lie about "no one left behind" and Halo is indeed their biggest ip.

Gavon West

Really cant talk with people like this..its like talking to a PR machine...its tiresome and exhausting...

Id rather listened to xbox fans like crapgamer who actually understand the importance of first party game and what it takes for xbox brand to survive...
No offense but you sound more like a dinosaur living in a whole different era. Hardware sales alone aren't the end game. Things have changed considerably since the days of old. It sounds like gaming has grown beyond you. What you're looking for in gaming theses days, doesn't exist anymore. And never will again. Those days are gone.

Gavon West

I have no need to buy the box, since PC is day 1. Free multiplayer as well, so no extra revenue on that front either.
Revenue is made via your purchase of the software from the Windows store or retaining gamepass for PC. Lol.

You guys kill me when you think you're showing big evil Microsoft you won't support them cause you buy their games on PC. Lol. That's some funny shit right there..

Id rather talk to xbox fans like crapgamer who actually understand the importance of first party game and what it takes for xbox brand to survive...
It's not that you can't talk about it, it's upon further scrutiny you realize what you've said in retrospect is not accurate and you don't want to talk about it.

They are confident in releasing a brand new platform on the back of openly offering their biggest title on a past and other concurrent platform they offer. That's a bold move, they could lock it down to Series X and guarantee a metric ton of front loaded sales, instead they are choosing to take a risk by releasing multilaterally with the confidence that people will still evaluate and buy their platform given what it offers in not only performance but also cost.

It's the most defining and risky but effectively convincing way a new platform could be driven.

• "Here is our old platform, this is the disappointing result we were able to accomplish with it and this title."

• "Here is PC and the amazing results we were able to accomplish with it and this title."

• "Here is our new platform and the amazing results we were able to accomplish with it and this title at a fraction of the cost of PC."

It's pretty simple really, the One X/S will contrast with the Series X on rendering results, and the PC will contrast with the Series X on cost requirements.

Gavon West

And they still get your money. Lol. Enjoy on PC though. Thank god the give gamers options, right?

Airbus Jr

Banned
And they still get your money. Lol. Enjoy on PC though. Thank god the give gamers options, right?

This is like the most common xbox pr answer ive seen around...

Like i said....

This moves does benefit Microsoft Windows but it does not benefit Xbox platform as a whole..

Do you understand this?

If you still cant differentiate the difference then its pointless talking

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Revenue is made via your purchase of the software from the Windows store or retaining gamepass for PC. Lol.

You guys kill me when you think you're showing big evil Microsoft you won't support them cause you buy their games on PC. Lol. That's some funny shit right there..

What part of “extra revenue” did you fail to extrapolate in your brain bowl?

You act like I’m mad about giving MS money. Nah, I’m just happy I no longer have to pay for two online services.

Last edited:
Top Bottom