• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Cyberpunk 2077 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

shubik

Leaked videos and some people first impressions doesnt sound good at all. I mean yh good game but not mind blowing. You go out to street and it will be almost empty this sounds just so bad for me. Not what they showed in early videos i guess.

I mean most people who own a copy so far probably just finished the beginning and are probably just scratching the surface of a very long and complex game. Don´t you think it is a little bit too early to judge it based on these couple of impressions? We have a lot of previews that give us a good impression of what to expect and almost all of them were very positive.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
I mean most people who own a copy so far probably just finished the beginning and are probably just scratching the surface of a very long and complex game. Don´t you think it is a little bit too early to judge it based on these couple of impressions? We have a lot of previews that give us a good impression of what to expect and almost all of them were very positive.

Shush you. You're ruining the mood, it's clearly terrible, just accept it. CDP blew it, people will forget about this game before Christmas.

Leaked videos and some people first impressions doesnt sound good at all. I mean yh good game but not mind blowing. You go out to street and it will be almost empty this sounds just so bad for me. Not what they showed in early videos i guess.
And some people first impression sound like this game is amazing. We won't know untill monday to be honest, but i wouldnt be worried about empty streets.. Majority of leaked videos are from location that is under lockdown. Leaked screen for streets during daytime
xvZuxV5.jpeg

Kadayi

Banned
Real shit belongs in this thread, hype or not. Maybe go to the other thread that has literal "hypetrain" in the title, you pussy ass fanboy.

Please, bitch. Some of these complaints are fucking laughable. Is the game going to be the second coming ? Probably not, but when you've got people ragging on unpatched console gameplay and extrapolating doom and gloom you can't take them all that seriously, especially if you've seen these same assclowns in every CP thread rubbishing it for years. buy yourself a clue casual.

Last edited:

Burger

And some people first impression sound like this game is amazing. We won't know untill monday to be honest, but i wouldnt be worried about empty streets.. Majority of leaked videos are from location that is under lockdown. Leaked screen for streets during daytime
xvZuxV5.jpeg

Christ - last gen hardware makes it look like a Nintendo Switch game. It's as if they had to turn the lighting off just to get it running.

shubik

xvZuxV5.jpeg

Oh shit, so does that mean there is a lockdown in Night city at the start of the game? That would explain the empty streets compared to screenshots like the one you posted.

4QGamers

Please, bitch. Some of these complaints are fucking laughable. Is the game going to be the second coming ? Probably not, but when you've got people ragging on unpatched console gameplay and extrapolating doom and gloom you can't them all that seriously, especially if you've seen these same assclowns in every CP thread rubbishing it for years. buy yourself a clue casual.
If you actually read the impressions, its shit that won't be fixed with a patch.

But my issue with you is even entertaining the idea of having people, who aren't full blast on your hypetrain, to leave to another thread. That's retarded, especially for a leak thread, where its completely understandable to discuss impressions from people who have actually played the fucking game.

So go cry in the other thread about the doom and gloom cunts, while we freely analyze and critique what we see fit.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
If you actually read the impressions, its shit that won't be fixed with a patch.

You've got next weeks lottery numbers?

But my issue with you is even entertaining the idea of having people, who aren't full blast on your hypetrain, to leave to another thread. That's retarded, especially for a leak thread, where its completely understandable to discuss impressions from people who have actually played the fucking game.

Learn humour

So go cry in the other thread about the doom and gloom cunts, while we freely analyze and critique what we see fit.

RLP getting uppity ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

scalman

They called it open world rpg game i think, and we know what open world should look like and feel for many years. So if its not fully that then why call it that. Yes its early to judge game sure but we saw video no matter blury image and low res we saw that streets where empty while driving. Yes because you cant exit car while ita cutscene still it just looks dated, downgraded. But we will see soon how it is and forgive game those things i guess.

Could be that this is just cutscene then
BronzeBlushingAsp-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Oh shit, so does that mean there is a lockdown in Night city at the start of the game? That would explain the empty streets compared to screenshots like the one you posted.
Yeap, im not sure if it depends of life path but in one of the leaked videos, Jackie says that this part of the city from the beginning is under lockdown and they even come across police barricade on the bridge. And most of the previous criticism about npc density is from that early stage of the game

4QGamers

You've got next weeks lottery numbers?

You actually think fundamental game design changes will be fixed with a patch? Okay buddy retard
Learn humour

I see this as a bitch backpedaling. You can't tell me there wasn't some sincerity in wanting people to leave because they were "killing the mood". Butthurt fanboy just wants be in a echo chamber of hype.
RLP getting uppity ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean, calling people cunts doesn't warrant a nice warm conversation, now does it?

shubik

Yeap, im not sure if it depends of life path but in one of the leaked videos, Jackie says that this part of the city from the beginning is under lockdown and they even come across police barricade on the bridge. And most of the previous criticism about npc density is from that early stage of the game

Makes sense. Kind of reminds me of the Spiderman Puddle gate... just wait a couple of days more and we will all see with our own eyes. I´m 100 % positive CDPR will not disappoint with this one.

waquzy

They called it open world rpg game i think, and we know what open world should look like and feel for many years. So if its not fully that then why call it that. Yes its early to judge game sure but we saw video no matter blury image and low res we saw that streets where empty while driving. Yes because you cant exit car while ita cutscene still it just looks dated, downgraded. But we will see soon how it is and forgive game those things i guess.

That’s definitely a cutscene!

Kadayi

Banned
You actually think fundamental game design changes will be fixed with a patch? Okay buddy retard

This game doesn't do the things I demand! Really? I thought you were talking about actual bugs, not inherent design choices. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I see this as a bitch backpedaling. You can't tell me there wasn't some sincerity in wanting people to leave because they were "killing the mood". Butthurt fanboy just wants be in a echo chamber of hype.

If you can't see it was a joke, then that's your burden. Doom Patrol has been ragging on this game for ages in every thread (you'd know that if you weren't a casual). The fact that they're piling in here to apply confirmation bias based on the footage is fucking hilarious. I'm just here to see a few sneak peeks.

I mean, calling people cunts doesn't warrant a nice warm conversation, now does it?

You don't forum much do you.

Last edited:

scalman

its just gets me why you arrived in that garage after shooting scene in street which was nothing like we saw that scene before when they showed it as in trailer, so you arrive you get out car , and its empty garage , i mean nothing , no single NPC , what engine limitation was that i wonder ?

I just gotta say to those who seem to love shitting on this game pre-release. No one expects this to be the second coming, no one expects this to have incredible gunplay, driving, etc. No one expects to be able to enter every building and have the streets covered in NPC’s all the time. It’s an rpg game - people who are into it are excited about the world and the quest design/story - basically think deus ex but on a larger scale world wise - yet smaller scale story wise (like you’re not literally saving the world all the time). If you played the Witcher 3 and compare it to something like say Skyrim or Oblivion, or even Morrowind - you can see they don’t focus as much on enterable buildings and interactions in the way that Bethesda does with Fallout or Elder Scrolls. The Witcher 3 just simply doesn’t do a whole lot of what those Bethesda games do but it is still considered great and loved for entirely different reasons, it’s definitely not as “sandboxy” as those. It’s the same developer, expect a similar style, gameplay and philosophy to that. It’s when the nitpicking becomes about clipping issues and population density (which literally no one in the previews mentioned as an issue) and the gunplay not being Destiny (a game by one of the best FPS developers of all time) and the driving not being forza level or need for speed or something - those concerns are concerns of someone who has an incredibly warped perception of what this game will provide. I suggest you either lower your expectations of what the game will be - or realize that the people hyped up for it don’t expect it to be what you think they expect it to be.

Warablo

Copied from Resetera (GASP!)

Hobbes

Yesterday at 11:54 PM

the TLDR was that at first there was a lot of bugs but then this patch fixed a lot of them.

right now I’m having fun with it. Not blown away.

I actually think the game might have been even better if they delayed it again. It feels like a lot of functionality you’d expect (like sitting on stools for instance) just isn’t there.

edit: just to expand a bit

my expectations of cyberpunk was heavily inspired by fallout new Vegas.

I expected to be able to walk into a lot of places, lots of stores vendors, etc.

I expected to be able to see a seat and sit down on it. I expected the atmosphere to be way more dense with people, music, culture, etc.

it feels like a lot of little things that can make it really immersive aren’t there.

regardless of this: the gameplay, driving mechanics, and gun play is really fun and fluid. There’s a lot to love here. I just think the world building and the little features that have been in fallout games for ages just aren’t there. And they need to be.

Real shit belongs in this thread, hype or not. Maybe go to the other thread that has literal "hypetrain" in the title, you pussy ass fanboy.

Yes, fundamental game designs of not being able to sit on a stool. Anyone with common sense knew most of those expectations were not going to be met.

The fact is, we know nothing about game design, story, missions, leveling up, etc...

I can understand the disappointment of it not being a Cyberpunk play forever simulation GTA, but it was always going to be just a RPG, with missions to complete.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned

I hope we don't get into expecting this game to wash our cars for us just because it says pretty much the same things that every other open world game says. Let's not find a reason to be so specific to CDPR's claims that we are allowed to shit on the game simply because it's the most eagerly anticipated game of this generation (and the next).

And that GIF you posted is an in-game rendering shot. It might be a cinematic, but it's definitely rendering in realtime (just like any other game). I wouldn't be surprised to see this be realtime gameplay on a high-end PC.

UPDATE: I just verified that this GIF is indeed ACTUAL GAMEPLAY (i.e. looks amazing).

Last edited:

Trunim

As long as the writing, main story and side quests are good, I don't really care how it looks. I mean, it looks acceptable, considering the scale, and considering it's built for Xbox One/PS4 in mind. The audio is almost as important, I hope that it can deliver.

Miles708

I wish some focus would be directed towards third party tools for efficient crowd simulation.
Why there's nothing like that yet.

PS5 will no doubt get a patch, XSX only just got one.
I don't think anything with the FPS stuff will be above average tbh as this is more so marketed as an RPG, so I'm not expecting much. I don't even think that is the biggest issue tbh. Who the fuck was really expecting this to be on pair with a Call Of Duty or Destiny? Those folks have been making FPS for decades, they are just in a league of their own. I never saw anything from this game that even remotely made it look like it was going to be near that level.

@xacto "CDPR cheaped out hard by not including third person view, they probably saved quite a bit of money in the process. " Come on now, such a revolutionary feature is too hard for this team, way to difficult to pull of and should not be expected. /s

(simply by Sega, Rockstar, Bethesda, Tango gameworks etc)

how dare you expect options lol

Or....just stick with me here...maybe it just wasn't part of their design?

Terenty

Yes, fundamental game designs of not being able to sit on a stool. Anyone with common sense knew most of those expectations were not going to be met.
I know you were making a joke about that stool, but in reality this example does show you that all their PR about "immershun" , the most immersive fp game ever, "we wanna make it as immersive as possible so we said no to 3rd person blah blah" was bullshit.

When you can't interact with your environment and 90% of what you see is window dressing then yes its a legitimate criticism, especially when rpgs have been doing it for God knows how many years.

I know you were making a joke about that stool, but in reality this example does show you that all their PR about "immershun" , the most immersive fp game ever, "we wanna make it as immersive as possible so we said no to 3rd person blah blah" was bullshit.

When you can't interact with your environment and 90% of what you see is window dressing then yes its a legitimate criticism, especially when rpgs have been doing it for God knows how many years.
Which ones aside from bethesda?

Terenty

Which ones aside from bethesda?
Piranha Bytes games(Gothic series, Elex, Risen), Arx Fatalis, Ultima 9(not the best game, but still). In the original Deus Ex you can't sit on stools, but there's lots of interactivity with the environment there.

Indeed. I can't recall being able to sit in chairs in Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Outer Worlds...
And you know what? They all suffer hard from consolisation and cutting corners

Is there some more actual gameplay? not too interested in seeing the dick photo 10 times...
seriously! it's like, hey everyone, i have the game! then it's 23 minutes of the character creator. like, GO OUTSIDE AND DO A PAN AROUND. show some movement. drive a car! we get what a character creator is! but F it. we'll all have our chance to be whelmed in 6 days. right now is the best part about gaming anyways: the ANTICIPATION. and the excitement that comes along with it. once we get the game, it just becomes that game. as they say "the problem of getting what you want, is having what you once wanted." CHEW ON THAT! :D :D :D

Society is degenerate and demoralised, CDPR are just going with the cultural norms.

Not at all.

It is a perfect illustration of in-universe hyper-individualism. And a paragraph or two of you explaining in what ways in-game genital customization spells the demise of the West would be appreciated. It's not that I don't agree the West is facing tremendous risks. It is. It's that they come from the aplenty collectivist worldviews.

Currently, the West faces a shortage, not an excess of individualism.

Last edited:
Top Bottom