• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Cyberpunk 2077 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

Let's roll, NSFW.

zlg4rmT.jpg

Is that a Shemale lol

Justin9mm

I think it looks terrible. The recoil and the movement do not match current top tier FPS games.
First of all, its a leaked poor quality video, second, you realise this is not an FPS but an RPG with FPS elements.

It doesn't need to match top tier FPS games because by design it's not an FPS game.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
First of all, its a leaked poor quality video, second, you realise this is not an FPS but an RPG with FPS elements.

It doesn't need to match top tier FPS games because by design it's not an FPS game.
True.

Skyrim and Fallout are big scope RPGs that do a bit of everything, so it's hard for those games to excel in any specific part of the game.

But for 2077, I totally get it's supposed to be one part RPG, one part shooter and even one part driving from location to location, but the videos shown by CDR seem to be action orientated. So for some gamers, they probably expect it to be like Rage.

vpance

Honestly, the Skyrim and stuff of the world that allow the width etc type customization is kinda trash and ends up looks goofy. Just my opinion

Skyrim is not a good example of it, lol. It's fine in other games.

PC version will be great with all sorts of mods though.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

I make a decision a few days ago to go PC. It’s that or OG ps4
Well if that's your only choice then yeah PC.. Console bare minimum would be One X or Pro.

It's bad enough I'm playing it on PS5, already feel like a pleb doing that and not on PC.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For those of you with next consoles, remember the next gen update is coming next year.

So it looks like when you play it next week it'll really be the One X or Pro version you're playing.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
For those of you with next consoles, remember the next gen update is coming next year.

So it looks like when you play it next week it'll really be the One X or Pro version you're playing.

That's what I'm waiting for because most likely it'll be discounted when this happens as well.

Justin9mm

Yes there is no next gen patch until next year but it won't exactly be the One X and Pro Version.

There are many articles which say that it will be playing differently to the Pro and One X version and definitely been optimised to take advantage of BC through the day 1 patch.. So in essence its not exactly the Pro or One X version you are playing. There is still higher fps, higher res and enhanced visuals and faster load times reported.

Leaks already show unpatched version for Series X and PS5 is playing at an uncapped frame rate up to 60fps. I'm pretty sure Pro and One X will still be 30fps.

Hmm. Didn’t notice that until ya posted this. What’s up with the shaved head on every one? That a “cyberpunk” type deal perhaps? Not up on the lore or anything myself. I’m aware that’s a style for sure and am fine by it. But yeah, like every one has it shaved. Blah. Whatever lol
Can't speak for 2077, but head based cyberware is common in the setting. For example the most common dni ports were on the user's temple, behind the ear at the edge of the neck, or at the base of the skull in the back of the head. Eye replacement and various facial mods were also really common, with a stand out I remember being the "Vampire" series of mods, where the user's teeth would be replaced with syringes that would either drain or injects depending on the user's preferences. Then of course there's skin replacement and general defensive reinforcement augmentations.

Bottom line, I can totally buy shaved heads because of all the crazy shit people are doing to their brain pans.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yes there is no next gen patch until next year but it won't exactly be the One X and Pro Version.

There are many articles which say that it will be playing differently to the Pro and One X version and definitely been optimised to take advantage of BC through the day 1 patch.. So in essence its not exactly the Pro or One X version you are playing. There is still higher fps, higher res and enhanced visuals and faster load times reported.

Leaks already show unpatched version for Series X and PS5 is playing at an uncapped frame rate up to 60fps. I'm pretty sure Pro and One X will still be 30fps.
Good point.

So BC with next gen boosts. But not a true next gen version.

4QGamers

Copied from Resetera (GASP!)

Hobbes

Yesterday at 11:54 PM
Liquid Snake said:
How’s the game itself? Good, great, mind blowing? Sorry if you posted impressions somewhere, can’t see your posting history because of your settings.
the TLDR was that at first there was a lot of bugs but then this patch fixed a lot of them.

right now I’m having fun with it. Not blown away.

I actually think the game might have been even better if they delayed it again. It feels like a lot of functionality you’d expect (like sitting on stools for instance) just isn’t there.

edit: just to expand a bit

my expectations of cyberpunk was heavily inspired by fallout new Vegas.

I expected to be able to walk into a lot of places, lots of stores vendors, etc.

I expected to be able to see a seat and sit down on it. I expected the atmosphere to be way more dense with people, music, culture, etc.

it feels like a lot of little things that can make it really immersive aren’t there.

regardless of this: the gameplay, driving mechanics, and gun play is really fun and fluid. There’s a lot to love here. I just think the world building and the little features that have been in fallout games for ages just aren’t there. And they need to be.

THEAP99

Banned

Hobbes

the TLDR was that at first there was a lot of bugs but then this patch fixed a lot of them.

I actually think the game might have been even better if they delayed it again. It feels like a lot of functionality you’d expect (like sitting on stools for instance) just isn’t there.

I expected to be able to walk into a lot of places, lots of stores vendors, etc.

I expected to be able to see a seat and sit down on it. I expected the atmosphere to be way more dense with people, music, culture, etc.

it feels like a lot of little things that can make it really immersive aren’t there.

regardless of this: the gameplay, driving mechanics, and gun play is really fun and fluid. There’s a lot to love here. I just think the world building and the little features that have been in fallout games for ages just aren’t there. And they need to be.
Some more:

Guys, please do not take my impressions as gospel.

if you are really on the fence about it. Wait for reviews. Wait for videos.

What I’m sharing is my experience and the things I notice. Lots of people are going to differ on their own takes. And again, just cause I’m not blown away does not mean I’m not enjoying this game.

I am enjoying the hell out of it. 9 hours has not felt like 9 hours. But it ain’t perfect.

I'm playing on the XSX.

SPOILER

Very, very early on, I'm... whelmed. It has a slow start but it plays solidly enough. I like V but she doesn't feel real to me, in the same way Fallout protagonists feel like cyphers, not people. I'm hoping I connect more as the game goes on.

I was also shocked by how blurry the game looks in Performance mode. I'm obviously not Digital Foundry, but it looked like 720p (or lower?) to me.

quest design is alright. Not mind blowing. The writing is alright. Again not mind blowing.

verticality is...9 hours in, almost non existent. Your apartment complex is relatively vertical but in terms of going high, I haven’t experience much unless it’s a mission

Last edited:

vpance

Went back to see if that recent X1X and XSX footage had 4K and it does, so I did a quick check.

XSX - 1440p
X1X - 1512p

Weird right? But it is pre-patch. XSX probably has higher settings anyways.

Hugare

Fuck, no sound.

But from the subtitles being changed in real time like that, I have hope that Kojima himself did the voice work, and what he is saying is being subtitled to English in real time

Expected to see him in the game ever since they published that photo of his model on the bike, but its nice to have some confirmation.

THEAP99

Banned
People on era are saying review codes haven't been sent out yet. Wtf!? Reviews were coming Monday I thought

Last edited:

EDMIX

Hobbes

Sad. Not shocked even slightly, its what I've been saying for months about this game. What they were not saying I was more worried about, they seem to want to TELL you more about being being "dense" then actually giving a direct example, going into detail, context etc. It told me they likely just want you to believe it will be something its likely not able to deliver. So I question how the fuck this game can be the most of something when it lacks features already found in games generations old?

So I don't need marketing bullshit, the team needs to actually provide some real detail to back up those claims as it just sounds like BS to sell the game.

I knew something was wrong when they kept telling us about immersion yet give no detail, screaming "density" yet provide not a single stat, detail, figure or anything to even help us understand what is being stated.

They want you to ASSUME it will be something they simply can't do.

edit. I'm happy as fuck I simply saw this as Deus Ex with cars and nothing more. I kept my expectations in check. I only want to be hype about what I 100% factually know can be done in the game, not shit that is alluded to, assumed, suggested, hinted at, vaguely described etc.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
I see Doom Patrol has entered the Chat once more.

"Why doesn't the game match up to my whole unrealistic expectations of what a game of this magnitude can be!!! Why can't I enter every building, why can't I open every drawer, why can't I kill all the children and stack their corpses into a creepy Sculpture why? It's

74982547.jpg

0/10 worst game evar (like I've been saying for years!!!)'

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

but to be fair.. It really does not need to be as good as destiny.. Its a RPG first. And the amount of guns and different types wil prob make up for it
This! Of course it won't be Destiny level gunplay, but what we have is really solid, certainly way above average if we take into consideration that even things like reloading animations and shooting itself change as you level up your skills.

xacto

honestly for a first person game, i dont get the detailed character customization...

They just try to make us feel better about our character even though aside from customization and probably photo mode, we won't have many chances to really look at them.

CDPR cheaped out hard by not including third person view, they probably saved quite a bit of money in the process.

EDMIX

This! Of course it won't be Destiny level gunplay, but what we have is really solid, certainly way above average if we take into consideration that even things like reloading animations and shooting itself change as you level up your skills.

I don't think anything with the FPS stuff will be above average tbh as this is more so marketed as an RPG, so I'm not expecting much. I don't even think that is the biggest issue tbh. Who the fuck was really expecting this to be on pair with a Call Of Duty or Destiny? Those folks have been making FPS for decades, they are just in a league of their own. I never saw anything from this game that even remotely made it look like it was going to be near that level.

xacto xacto "CDPR cheaped out hard by not including third person view, they probably saved quite a bit of money in the process. " Come on now, such a revolutionary feature is too hard for this team, way to difficult to pull of and should not be expected. /s

(simply by Sega, Rockstar, Bethesda, Tango gameworks etc)

how dare you expect options lol

Last edited:

xacto

I don't think anything with the FPS stuff will be above average tbh as this is more so marketed as an RPG, so I'm not expecting much. I don't even think that is the biggest issue tbh. Who the fuck was really expecting this to be on pair with a Call Of Duty or Destiny? Those folks have been making FPS for decades, they are just in a league of their own. I never saw anything from this game that even remotely made it look like it was going to be near that level.

xacto xacto "CDPR cheaped out hard by not including third person view, they probably saved quite a bit of money in the process. " Come on now, such a revolutionary feature is too hard for this team, way to difficult to pull of and should not be expected. /s

(simply by Sega, Rockstar, Bethesda, Tango gameworks etc)

how dare you expect options lol

Yeah, maybe I was expecting too much from CDPR 😂

Especially after they secured a lot of Polish government money, they will not give us a third person option? Unheard of!! Honestly I enjoyed The Witcher 3 a lot, and got spoiled with that 3rd person view, and now this. Oh well, we will see.

What actually is worrying me a little (I hope I will be wrong) is that this game will not be a good shooter (à la Destiny) and neither a good RPG. I will definitely give it a go after my PS5 arrives next week, but I am not really holding my breath.

scalman

Leaked videos and some people first impressions doesnt sound good at all. I mean yh good game but not mind blowing. You go out to street and it will be almost empty this sounds just so bad for me. Not what they showed in early videos i guess.

EDMIX

Yeah, maybe I was expecting too much from CDPR 😂

Especially after they secured a lot of Polish government money, they will not give us a third person option? Unheard of!! Honestly I enjoyed The Witcher 3 a lot, and got spoiled with that 3rd person view, and now this. Oh well, we will see.

What actually is worrying me a little (I hope I will be wrong) is that this game will not be a good shooter (à la Destiny) and neither a good RPG. I will definitely give it a go after my PS5 arrives next week, but I am not really holding my breath.

Same.

For a long time I contained my excitement and tried to have realistic expectations. Based on the vague description of the world and the team wanting to emphasize density without going into any real detail or context told me they wanted to Market something a certain way but not necessarily give any hard figures that would reveal it is not that much different than other games.

Them wanting you to "assume" a lot about their game is what initially worried me because if this game is doing something so revolutionary and different why not shout it from the rooftops?

That being vague and coy is what told me that it probably was going to be Deus Ex with cars. I have no problem with it if that really is what it is BTW. I simply feel sorry for anybody that was expecting it to be anything more. I will be playing on PlayStation 4 Pro.

Top Bottom