• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Cyberpunk 2077 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

Thats not really an either or though. Many of those things can add to the story.
Being able to customize the car can lead into a story element, like you use the car in a murder and needed to disguise it.

Other elements that could be used like robbing someone could be something that's use the later if you robbed the wrong gang member or something.

Even being able to kill random NPCs can very much lead into something.

So it's not simply about mindless interactivity it's about that these elements can be used in the story to convey ideas much better.

So I'm buying it more so for the story, setting as well, doesn't mean I want less features that can help build that world.

yeah but wouldn’t the assumption be that they simply spent their time on different features than this? Like I would love a sequel with every single thing interactive, hell in VR if we’re goin there. But I just expect that there are going to be limitations, and resources put more focus on different parts of the experience depending on what they prioritize in the game.

From what I’m seeing this has a lot more immersive sim features than the Witcher 3 so far. And that game was praised all over the place - mostly because of how your choices had tangible effects on the story - which it seems they are doing here. I can’t speak for everyone hyping up the game but “deus ex with cars” and a more open world is kinda exactly what I’m looking for. That’s a lofty enough goal as it is.

EDMIX

yeah but wouldn’t the assumption be that they simply spent their time on different features than this? Like I would love a sequel with every single thing interactive, hell in VR if we’re goin there. But I just expect that there are going to be limitations, and resources put more focus on different parts of the experience depending on what they prioritize in the game.

From what I’m seeing this has a lot more immersive sim features than the Witcher 3 so far. And that game was praised all over the place - mostly because of how your choices had tangible effects on the story - which it seems they are doing here. I can’t speak for everyone hyping up the game but “deus ex with cars” and a more open world is kinda exactly what I’m looking for. That’s a lofty enough goal as it is.

I agree. I hope that is what the sequel ends up being. I'm also ok with it being just Deus Ex with cars, i would have been more happy with the features I mentioned , but plenty of other teams have a longer history of doing that better and more consistently. I'm able to like Deus Ex without those features, I'll like Cyberpunk 2077 just the same.

vpance

Just saw the PS5 HDR performance mode captures from here. Really clear footage

Vid 1: https://gofile.io/d/xaVNQq
Vid 2: https://gofile.io/d/EVgE7Q

Game is running at 1260p matching that earlier trailer, but 60FPS here. So quality mode should get a res higher than that.

Definitely got to turn down/off the film grain and lens flare in this game. Looks overdone.

Also the footstep sounds are annoying af, lol.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned

Game is running at 1260p matching that earlier trailer, but 60FPS here. So quality mode should get a res higher than that.

Definitely got to turn down/off the film grain and lens flare in this game. Looks overdone.

Ok! So ps5 will be able to run 60fps at what resolution next week!??!

PSYGN

Hope it gets put another host, this one is slow as shit for me.

from that reddit thread.
Mirror:

Part 1: https://siasky.net/CABK5STPmuUmWYXFNWHmnBiTDta9j5BbseHJgb4uMH5KHQ

Part 2: https://siasky.net/CAD33cmB6xBcvKJyFXuqkJBvde8_fbgukbxbT6GvcjXnSw

These are high quality videos that are short. You likely won't be able to stream these well. Right click on the video and choose save as to download manually.

EDIT: Second file only plays halfway then stops. Unsure if this is a problem with the source or with the file I downloaded. Also has this issue when played with VLC. Can't re-download because the original links are down :(
Both links are still up.

EDMIX

Same. I'm liking the footage thus far though, its almost exactly what I was expecting, but I'm not mad. I do how ever hope the sequel adds a lot of what they removed. (or dlc or something)

SeriesX will have 60fps aswell...
I know. In fact, I expect it to run better on Series X since this is running based on BC which Series X handles better.

I'm not comparing both next gen versions. I'm glad I got the PS5 version because I was contemplating on buying it only on PC and waiting till next year to get the PS5 updated version because I assumed the game wouldn't be running at 60fps on PS5 till next year and I hate 30fps when it comes to FPS gameplay.

Last edited:

II_JumPeR_I

I know. In fact, I expect it to run better on Series X since this is running based on BC which Series X handles better.

I'm not comparing both next gen versions. I'm glad I got the PS5 version because I was contemplating on buying it only on PC and waiting till next year to get the PS5 updated version because I assumed the game wouldn't be running at 60fps on PS5 till next year and I hate 30fps when it comes to FPS gameplay.
Im really surprised that the game ships with a performance mode. CDPR could have hyped that up way more with their own videos they have released. Weird

I'm impressed by the graphics. If those vids are really just the PS5 running in BC mode, so all the graphical settings are the same as the base PS4, then I'm really impressed. Can't wait to see the PC version with maxed settings.

Im really surprised that the game ships with a performance mode. CDPR could have hyped that up way more with their own videos they have released. Weird
Yea, they should have shown the PS5 version running in performance mode to hype up the PlayStation version of the game. Instead what we saw was the game running at 30fps and looking pretty sluggish like the PS4 Pro version. This performance mode is a pleasant surprise to me and I’m looking forward to playing the game this way on console 😁.

Sygma

In-game map - developed by Ubisoft, apparently;

DNOqRd9.jpg

Was the same shit in Witcher 3 tho ?

Literally CDPR are responsible for the whole ? ? ? on maps laule

Kadayi

Banned
Same. I'm liking the footage thus far though, its almost exactly what I was expecting, but I'm not mad. I do how ever hope the sequel adds a lot of what they removed. (or dlc or something)

200.gif

LOL. Look at that, a couple of pages back Mr doom and gloom., worst game evar would not bang...sees a bit of ground footage (still minus Day 1 Patch still) and suddenly that tune changes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also 'Removed Content' on cue :pie_eyeroll: give it up and try and preserve some of your dignity. When a game is conceived a lot of ideas are thrown up initially but not all make the transition to development because they're unfeasible or not Sympatico with other aspects.

Last edited:

Sygma

The real thing I'm interested to see as far as the life paths goes in early leaks is how the missions play out differently, because so far the feedback ain't that great. Like, theres not even a lot of ways to tackle missions as opposed to how CDPR actually marketed the game being similar to immersive sins in that regard

Yea, they should have shown the PS5 version running in performance mode to hype up the PlayStation version of the game. Instead what we saw was the game running at 30fps and looking pretty sluggish like the PS4 Pro version. This performance mode is a pleasant surprise to me and I’m looking forward to playing the game this way on console 😁.
Yeah it was weird seeing there was no performance mode on pS5 early leaks - but it was on series x. That would’ve been a shit show if it stayed that way

The real thing I'm interested to see as far as the life paths goes in early leaks is how the missions play out differently, because so far the feedback ain't that great. Like, theres not even a lot of ways to tackle missions as opposed to how CDPR actually marketed the game being similar to immersive sins in that regard
I’m pretty sure all the leaks are in the beginning of the game - which previews said it takes like 6 hours to reach the main title card

Sygma

I’m pretty sure all the leaks are in the beginning of the game - which previews said it takes like 6 hours to reach the main title card

I mean sure but I was referring to quest / mission design which apparently really doesn't give a lot of flexibility when it comes down to tackling them. Im mostly wondering if its to do with either the player's lack of agency (honestly watching most of Deus Ex playthroughs almost always is beyond sad) or if its legit design issues

Last edited:
I mean sure but I was referring to quest / mission design which apparently really doesn't give a lot of flexibility when it comes down to tackling them. Im mostly wondering if its to do with either the player's lack of agency (honestly watching most of Deus Ex playthroughs almost always is beyond sad) or if its legit design issues
They stated very recently you can tackle missions in different ways - said it in the latest previews too. So I think it’ll be good in that regard. But there will be more linear leaning quests I’m sure.

EDIT: also they confirmed there is a way to go through the entire game without killing anyone. So I’m pretty sure this concern isn’t actually a problem.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned

You likely don't have a lot of options in terms of ways to do things early on because of limited skills, abilities and equipment to hand. Once you've acquired a lot more of those I dare say the more diverse ways of navigating missions will come to the fore. To echo what B Balducci30 says it seems like the leaked footage is pretty early on in the game. The Corpo footage is heading to Lizzies bar and I presume the PS5 footage is likely the street kid doing the same by the looks of things. I suspect the leaker dude is just trying out different things to show off the world to curious types like ourselves versus wanting to plough through the game before that Day 1 patch drops and fixes a lot of bugs.

You've gotta bear in mind, these people likely didn't envisage they were going to get the game early, so they're probably just as eager to play it properly themselves, but just want to show it off a bit to anyone jonesing for footage whilst we wait.

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
Nah, I think that's a bit harsh. For those that aren't interested you can get it on your preferred (and better) platform of choice. I mean, hardcore fans won't get it on last gen consoles.

I think CDPR just wanted to make CP:2077 available to as many people as possible, which I respect. That being said, I can't imagine the amount of stress they were under trying to provide all versions on the same day, oof.

True, but I do believe that next gen and PC suffers from games being developed for last gen.

Labolas

From what I'm seeing the game itself is looking good, I'm assuming this is on the newer gen's hardware. Hopefully it doesn't look too bad on the previous gen, lol, which is my only option rn.

Camper182

Wow those videos are incredibly over saturated
Why did he do that?

*edit*
ah apparently thats the web player being weird
when you download it it's fine

Last edited:
That comparison is fake.

Don't think the PC version was leaked early anywhere. And if you look, the PC footage is literally the exact same as the PS5 footage, just played 3 seconds after.

AFAIK, all the early footage is coming from early deliveries of the PS4 and Xbox 1 version.

Last edited:

RyRy93

I don't mind the relatively empty streets, it always annoys me in open-world games when you're having fun throwing a car around and then you hit a traffic jam.

Last edited:
Top Bottom