• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Horizons players - Do you time travel?

Have you changed the system clock to speed up the game?

• Yes - I've already done this

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No and I plan to always play "legitimately"

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No, but I am considering it

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Vawn

Banned
time_travel_animal_crossing_new_horizons_XRovSa8.jpg

This is my first Animal Crossing game. I understand that in past games many people considered "time travelling" (changing the console's system time) as basically a necessity.

With New Horizons it feels the game designers really don't want people doing this and considers it "cheating" and ultimately taking away the true experience.

I've been playing for a week. I haven't changed the time, but it is tempting at times. Would I regret doing this? Will it kill the purpose of the game and tuen it into another style of game where it feels like a rush to finish?

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
I haven't been involved with the franchise long enough to have an opinion worth hearing, but of course I have one anyway.

If you're looking to complete a checklist of goals as efficiently as possible, Animal Crossing was not the game to get.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I kind of just enjoyed going with the flow of the game. I finally unlocked island designer on Monday and I have that the game since release. Feels like the game is finally starting now. I don't think the pace is too bad.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
that's like using an easy mode in dark souls.
ruins the game

it is NOT how the creators of this game intended this game to be used.

Last edited:
Top Bottom