• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters

Senhua

I share some good Manga/Manhua/Manhwa/LN (Mainly Seinen's one as I feel Shounen rather a bit boring right now):

- Iron Ladies / Metal Goddess Soldier : Very Popular Sci Fi Manhua in China. Tell the story about the sole male who can wield mythic armor (as officially only woman who can wield it) became Beiyang's fleet admiral (one of three strongest fleet)
32020.jpg

- The Second Coming Of Gluttony
- The Legendary Mechanic
- Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekaisaikyou
- Dungeon Seeker
- Nidome No Yuusha
- Hazure Waku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete o Juurin Suru made
- The Max Level Hero Has Returned!
- Game Obu Familia - Family Senki
- Nito no Taidana Isekai Shoukougun Sai Jakushoku
- The Beginning After The End
- Trash Of The Count’S Family
- Fukushuu O Koinegau Saikyou Yuusha Wa, Yami No Chikara De Senmetsu Musou Suru
- Kaifuku Jutsushi No Yarinaoshi
- Release That Witch

Almost all of them is isekai with dark, heavy revenge themes (sometimes NSFW) with good storytelling and plot.
22-1598935543.jpg

- Sss-Class Suicide Hunter
- Omniscient Reader’S Viewpoint
- Solo Leveling
- Ranker Who Lives A Second Time
- The Tutorial Is Too Hard

Mainly Korean Manhwa Dungeon Monster Hunter
17-1583496340.jpg

- Jagaaaaaan
- Oukoku e Tsuzuku Michi
-
Black Joke
Dark Anti-Hero in veins like "Goblin Slayer, Berserk" with Adult themes
15-1583491604.jpg

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
WTF happened to Attack on Titan?
How can an ending feel this rushed, when Isayama had years to prepare for this? The story has fallen apart since Chapter 123. The final battle has been so nonsensical, and we've spent exactly zero time from the perspective of the main character whose perspective the first 122/123 chapters were told from. Just 1 more chapter to go, but this has been a major disappointment. It's making the end of Naruto look like a literary masterpiece in comparison. I'm expecting to hear in the months and years after it concludes, that Isayama contracted some insane illness, or was forced to end the manga by a certain chapter number, so he just chucked out the story he had planned, and threw a bunch of shit on paper that would look cool while animated. I imagine the episodes will look nice, while making fuck all sense.
I called it.
Latest AoT manga chapter is making me hate Survey Corps almost as much I hated Suzaku. If this does not convince fans that Isayama is a hack, then I dont know what else will.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Wanted to point out something about one character. These spoilers range Marineford, to Punk Hazard, to the last portion of Dressrosa

People hating on Law for losing to Doffy need to understand that this guy was basically on Luffy's level at the time. It was a game of inches. It is true that Trafalgar Law got fucked up badly, but I think that was more or less a wake up call. It's not going to happen again, it was one slip and he's not going to repeat that. Think of it like this, Law defeated a Vice Admiral in a single blow. Vergo was defeated in one calculated move. There is nothing anybody can say to discredit the man, the only person to have defeated a Vice Admiral in one brief go, is Whitebeard

EDIT:
Actually, now that I trace backwards a bit, Vice Admirals really have some range. Some are total pushovers in the face of a truly strong character. Sabo easily defeated Vice Admiral Bastille. Although, to be clear, Sabo is one of the most powerful characters. But still, these Vice Admirals, the bulk of them, seem to be the wrong characters to engage with. They don't hesitate at all as we've seen, to engage with the strongest of pirates. That I can recall there have been five Vice Admirals that have confronted a top 20 strongest character without the slightest bit of hesitation:

-Vice Admiral Smoker going face to face with Porgas D. Ace in the city of Nanohana of the Alabasta Kingdom. Smoker again versus Trafalgar Law near the beginning of Punk Hazard
-Vice Admiral John Giant versus Whitebeard at Marineford
-Vice Admiral Ronse who attacked Whitebeard at Marineford, but like John Giant, had zero success and was easily defeated
-Vice Admiral Vergo versus Trafalgar Law at the end of Punk Hazard where SAD was being manufactured by Caesar Clown
-Vice Admiral Bastille versus Sabo in Dressrosa Kingdom

At the time, I don't think Luffy was in the top 20, but there was another Vice Admiral named Dalmation that managed to stab Luffy with Shigan (stabbed Luffy with his finger like Rob Lucci was able to due to his Rokushiki)

So defeating a Vice Admiral like that in one strike, again, is impressive. It's only that Doflamingo was truly about on par with Luffy and was obviously very serious about pursuing that same road. His team truly believed that he was going to become the next Pirate King; Monet believed in him to that degree. Everyone called him Young Master and believe in him fully. Like I said, this was a game of inches between Luffy and Doffy at the time. Law fucked up, but that we can allow him one mistake. He's planned everything and executed well up to this point

We're about to see what Law is made of within the next 15-30 arcs I would assume. He seems confident in this battle versus Kaido. Even willing to compete versus Luffy and Kid in that stupid game during the most important fight of their lives at this point lol. He also seemed comfortable in executing a surgery within Kaido, in his dragon form, despite having no true knowledge of where his vitals would be exactly. He uses an educated guess to figure out where to attack instead. Time will tell, I expect Law to shock the fanbase soon

Last edited:

Senhua

Any1 who like Release That Witch will instantly to feel at home with Sword of Dawn/Dawnbreaker as the MC also tried to combine his's previous tech with current world tech.
Also find a lot of similarities between Berserk and Kuro No Maou : Dark MC vs light (church), Loli mage teammate etc.

Witchilich

Any1 who like Release That Witch will instantly to feel at home with Sword of Dawn/Dawnbreaker as the MC also tried to combine his's previous tech with current world tech.
Also find a lot of similarities between Berserk and Kuro No Maou : Dark MC vs light (church), Loli mage teammate etc.
The ending was too abrupt for all the build up the author did for 1000+ chapters. I am now reading "Dear Not Cunning Witch", which is one of the best stuffs I have read.

NahaNago

I decided to pick up drawing and start with Goku like every other otaku and man, the dragon ball the manga was a pretty detailed world and the characters are so expressive compared to dragon ball super( I know that dragon ball isn't that super detailed but it felt like an actual world goku was traveling in). It seemed like half of dbs was mostly just head shots and upper body shots. In dragon ball you would have some part of the landscape shown on each page but in Super just straight up attacking but then again super was fighting in the air a lot more. I think I need to read dbz to see if this was just a dragon ball less powerful issue or an artist issue.

edit: my drawings suck and I need a lot more practice before I can make my own fan manga.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
I decided to pick up drawing and start with Goku like every other otaku and man, the dragon ball the manga was a pretty detailed world and the characters are so expressive compared to dragon ball super( I know that dragon ball isn't that super detailed but it felt like an actual world goku was traveling in). It seemed like half of dbs was mostly just head shots and upper body shots. In dragon ball you would have some part of the landscape shown on each page but in Super just straight up attacking but then again super was fighting in the air a lot more. I think I need to read dbz to see if this was just a dragon ball less powerful issue or an artist issue.

edit: my drawings suck and I need a lot more practice before I can make my own fan manga.
There was one page in the DBZ manga, it was the Majin Bu saga, and Piccolo was stalling for time leading Bu up some stairs near the Room of Spirit and Time. Toriyama drew such an amazing facial expression on Piccolo that I went to the mall weeks after trying to get a custom made T with that same drawing on it. DBZ had amazing art work. There was also an instance in which Goku when first confronting Freeza on the planet of Namek had a look on his face that spoke volumes as well. DBZ's artwork could be amazing sometimes, if you haven't read it yet it's definitely worth it. Goes by in a flash too, think I read all the volumes casually within a few months one summer

NahaNago

There was one page in the DBZ manga, it was the Majin Bu saga, and Piccolo was stalling for time leading Bu up some stairs near the Room of Spirit and Time. Toriyama drew such an amazing facial expression on Piccolo that I went to the mall weeks after trying to get a custom made T with that same drawing on it. DBZ had amazing art work. There was also an instance in which Goku when first confronting Freeza on the planet of Namek had a look on his face that spoke volumes as well. DBZ's artwork could be amazing sometimes, if you haven't read it yet it's definitely worth it. Goes by in a flash too, think I read all the volumes casually within a few months one summer
Now that I think about it. I don't think I've actually ever even read a full chapter of DBZ. I've only ever read DB and DBS. I think I'll start on that today. Still need to watch those tenchi ovas as well.

Maybe I'll wait on reading DBZ . I'm the kind of person who can't stop reading or watching something if I like it. I tend to lose so man hours from marathoning web novels as a result.

Senhua

The ending was too abrupt for all the build up the author did for 1000+ chapters. I am now reading "Dear Not Cunning Witch", which is one of the best stuffs I have read.
Thanks, I will try your recommendation soon.

Dropped kenja no mago as this is one of the most boring isekai ever.
MC literary born with silver/golden spoon on his mouth, hand and d**k
- Otherworldly knowledge + cheat
- Raised by most famous and strongest parents in this world
- Loved by his first love (an noble) and instantly became his fiancee
- All world ruler + classmate + colleague (literally everyone in the world) lick his d**k because of his parents
I'm really hate this MC, classical "too good to be true" garbage character, this is must the writer "wet dream" wish after he/she died and isekai'ed.

Last edited:

NahaNago

- All world ruler + classmate + colleague (literally everyone in the world) lick his d**k because of his parents
I'm really hate this MC, classical "too good to be true" garbage character, this is must the writer "wet dream" wish after he/she died and isekai'ed.
Yeah the story pretty much worships the main character. It's okay having an overpowered main character but he simply isn't interesting.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Now that I think about it. I don't think I've actually ever even read a full chapter of DBZ. I've only ever read DB and DBS. I think I'll start on that today. Still need to watch those tenchi ovas as well.

Maybe I'll wait on reading DBZ . I'm the kind of person who can't stop reading or watching something if I like it. I tend to lose so man hours from marathoning web novels as a result.
DBZ is amazing. The cast of characters is like one huge family

Cutty Flam

Banned
I agree. At least from the anime I've watched. DBS unfortunately pretty much abandons the huge family element.
What is Dragon Ball Super like? I know the premise is basically tournament style universes vs universes but is it worth reading? Or if you watch the anime, what do you think of that?

Witchilich

I only watched the anime of Kenja no Mago. Sometimes if I feel bored reading a long light novel series or web novel series, I would switch to a more visual medium like the manga. With long light novel or web novel series, it better be worth all the effort I put in to go through the series. This is why I switched to the manga after Mushoku Tensei Volume 5.
I have been reading light novel/web novels/published novels since 2010.
Witchilich Reading List | Novel Updates
If I have to recommend some of my favorite completed series.
Iris on Rainy Days and Amaryllis in the Ice Country
Apotheosis of a Demon – A Monster Evolution Story
Every Vicious Woman Needs a Loyal Man
Evil God Average
Gekkou
Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria
If I have chose among series that I am still reading apart from the already recommended Dear Not Cunning Witch because they are not completely translated yet or the series is in hiatus.
Adonis
By A Slight Mistake
Cruel King and the Princess of Prophecy
Demon Noble Girl ~Story of a Careless Demon~
Dungeon Defense
I Reincarnated as a Noble Girl Villainess But Why Did It Turn Out This Way?
Kenkyo, Kenjitsu o Motto ni Ikite Orimasu
Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?
Rebirth In The Novel: Indulging The Female Side Character
The Former Witch Reincarnated as A Village Girl
Also The Girl Who Bore the Flame Ring and The Girl Who Ate a Death God have been on my radar for a while.

NahaNago

What is Dragon Ball Super like? I know the premise is basically tournament style universes vs universes but is it worth reading? Or if you watch the anime, what do you think of that?
The issue I have with DBS is that it focuses too much on just Goku and Vegeta. If you like dragon ball then I would say that it is worth reading. I might not like the direction they went with the series but I still enjoy it. I just personally think that the power levels jumped too high and now they are going to have issues with finding appropriate bad guys. Plus they abandoned a lot of the dbz cast for most of DBS. The best part of the anime for me was the last battle it was just really epic and they if I remember it right pushed off releasing the last few episodes in order to increase the quality of the episodes. The tournament saga is just from what I gather a third of the current chapters. I really did like the tournament saga since it felt like a nod to old school dragon ball. Kind of wished it was an actual tournament instead of a free for all but I understand why they did it. I have crap memory so I can generally only give my general feelings on things unless I had just watched it or it was just too memorable.

edit: if dragon ball could capture the journey and camaraderie of one piece and keep or even further the bad ass of the saiyans and the hype fights, dragon ball would be near perfect to me.

Cutty Flam

Banned
This is such a great episode. Princess Vivi riding on that giant crab friend of Lashes (the manly Camel that Chopper befriended, Lashes is the name Nami gave to him) when she unexpectedly gets picked off by Crocodiles hook. Seeing Luffy jump in and save her, throw her back on the crab and take her place en route to Crocodile himself, one of the many great moments in which Luffy takes over and makes the perfect move you would expect from a Captain. I love how this fight takes place right around the the bit of sundown as well, before dusk sets in... Luffy's first fight with a Shichibukai is a memorable one, that's for sure

I think it was right before all this took place, Zoro was bicep curling a bar that Lashes was sitting on, and Sanji had taken a shot at him about how ever since he fought a Shichibukai (Sanji called him a Warlord though [of the sea] Dracule Mihawk) he's been like this. I think it Sanji was sort of just letting Vivi and Chopper in on what they had missed essentially but he also had to take a jab at Zoro or course haha. I love that moment. Also love Lashes the Camel, the first time I watched the Alabasta Saga I never quite payed attention to how instrumental he was as an ally. This camel is alright in my book. I'd even say that this guy is a top 100 ally of the Straw Hats and that is saying something

All in all, this is an excellent episode and I'm glad I revisited it. This anime is so good that honestly, I wouldn't even mind watching it a third time. Third time though, I would definitely be taking notes

KielCasto

Pui Pui Molcar is adorable while obviously aimed at kids. It’s a good short.

Speaking of a good short, Please Take my Brother Away is hilarious. I’m watching the Mandarin (?) dub and at season 2 now. The character antics are fun to watch. The brother (and his interactions with his sister) makes the series for me so far.

I haven't heard good things about Neverland 2, but I’m still itching to know how Ray is treated. He was my favourite in season 1. Only a few weeks left before I can marathon season 2.

NahaNago

This is such a great episode. Princess Vivi riding on that giant crab friend of Lashes (the manly Camel that Chopper befriended, Lashes is the name Nami gave to him) when she unexpectedly gets picked off by Crocodiles hook. Seeing Luffy jump in and save her, throw her back on the crab and take her place en route to Crocodile himself, one of the many great moments in which Luffy takes over and makes the perfect move you would expect from a Captain. I love how this fight takes place right around the the bit of sundown as well, before dusk sets in... Luffy's first fight with a Shichibukai is a memorable one, that's for sure

I think it was right before all this took place, Zoro was bicep curling a bar that Lashes was sitting on, and Sanji had taken a shot at him about how ever since he fought a Shichibukai (Sanji called him a Warlord though [of the sea] Dracule Mihawk) he's been like this. I think it Sanji was sort of just letting Vivi and Chopper in on what they had missed essentially but he also had to take a jab at Zoro or course haha. I love that moment. Also love Lashes the Camel, the first time I watched the Alabasta Saga I never quite payed attention to how instrumental he was as an ally. This camel is alright in my book. I'd even say that this guy is a top 100 ally of the Straw Hats and that is saying something

All in all, this is an excellent episode and I'm glad I revisited it. This anime is so good that honestly, I wouldn't even mind watching it a third time. Third time though, I would definitely be taking notes
Now that I think about it. I'm kind of surprise the straw hats don't have picked up a pet on their journey. I know Chopper is technically an animal but he doesn't count since he is human like. Wouldn't it have made sense to have an animal alongside the crew who hangs around the weaker crew mates.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Now that I think about it. I'm kind of surprise the straw hats don't have picked up a pet on their journey. I know Chopper is technically an animal but he doesn't count since he is human like. Wouldn't it have made sense to have an animal alongside the crew who hangs around the weaker crew mates.
Luffy knows too much about the sea. Even as a small kid in East Blue, immediately after Shanks rescued Luffy from the local Sea King of Cocoyashi Village, all he could think about was the pain and remorse he felt for having caused Shanks to lose his arm in that instance. Luffy, even as a kid, knows the extent of the danger that awaits his adventures as he gets closer to his goal of becoming Pirate King. He saw Shanks, his idol lose his own arm. He thought he had witnessed the death of his older brother, Sabo, very early in his life. And then he enters an impenetrable prison and an all out war to try to rescue his older brother, Ace. Luffy knows loss. In Alabasta, he confronts Vivi for not accepting loss as part of life. He even directly says “people die” to her before essentially telling Vivi that she needs to put his and his crew mates’ lives on the line. There is a way to do things, and Luffy despite his antics, seems to always choose the correct path in the end

I don’t think Monkey D. Luffy would ever choose a pet because it would totally disrupt his adventure. It would be a selfish move and Luffy would protect his pet like his nakam in every situation no matter the cost; that is why there is no pet aboard the ship as a nakama. That isn’t to say that Luffy wouldn’t want a pet, he has a deep connection with all living things

There was Chouchou, who protected his late owner’s pet food shop and risked his life to do so in Orange Town. The loyal dog adamantly protected the shop no matter what. He even fought the Lion, Richie, from Buggy The Clown’s crew in order to protect his treasure that is the store. When Luffy saw this little dog’s store engulfed in flames he felt sad for him. He eventually would fight on behalf of Chouchou and salvage one bag of dog food left, sitting right beside Chouchou as equals. Luffy respected him and even praised him for fighting admirably. So I think Luffy loves animals but fully understands that he cannot allow them to become nakama

Even after Alabasta, I don’t think Luffy asked Karoo to become a member of his crew, it was only Vivi. Chopper is fully capable as he is both a reindeer and a man with the medical knowledge that rivals the very best doctors in the entire world at the time. And now, I think Chopper is the greatest doctor by a large margin as we are currently seeing in the manga

Luffy only allows fully capable allies a spot in his ship for life. I don’t think an animal can ever permanently become his Nakama. It seems to be against his code, but his love for animals doesn’t isn’t any less than a human. Remember Ucy? He one shotted Hajrudin at the Colosseum after he saw the condition that his friend Ucy was left in. Luffy loves all his friends dearly, but a pet being aboard his ship would just land him and his crew into more trouble that could lead to death. Luffy is selfish, but even he has his own restrictions to achieve his goal and keep his friends alive. To me, this is yet another subtlety to Oda’s magnificent writing

NahaNago

Luffy knows too much about the sea. Even as a small kid in East Blue, immediately after Shanks rescued Luffy from the local Sea King of Cocoyashi Village, all he could think about was the pain and remorse he felt for having caused Shanks to lose his arm in that instance. Luffy, even as a kid, knows the extent of the danger that awaits his adventures as he gets closer to his goal of becoming Pirate King. He saw Shanks, his idol lose his own arm. He thought he had witnessed the death of his older brother, Sabo, very early in his life. And then he enters an impenetrable prison and an all out war to try to rescue his older brother, Ace. Luffy knows loss. In Alabasta, he confronts Vivi for not accepting loss as part of life. He even directly says “people die” to her before essentially telling Vivi that she needs to put his and his crew mates’ lives on the line. There is a way to do things, and Luffy despite his antics, seems to always choose the correct path in the end

I don’t think Monkey D. Luffy would ever choose a pet because it would totally disrupt his adventure. It would be a selfish move and Luffy would protect his pet like his nakam in every situation no matter the cost; that is why there is no pet aboard the ship as a nakama. That isn’t to say that Luffy wouldn’t want a pet, he has a deep connection with all living things

There was Chouchou, who protected his late owner’s pet food shop and risked his life to do so in Orange Town. The loyal dog adamantly protected the shop no matter what. He even fought the Lion, Richie, from Buggy The Clown’s crew in order to protect his treasure that is the store. When Luffy saw this little dog’s store engulfed in flames he felt sad for him. He eventually would fight on behalf of Chouchou and salvage one bag of dog food left, sitting right beside Chouchou as equals. Luffy respected him and even praised him for fighting admirably. So I think Luffy loves animals but fully understands that he cannot allow them to become nakama

Even after Alabasta, I don’t think Luffy asked Karoo to become a member of his crew, it was only Vivi. Chopper is fully capable as he is both a reindeer and a man with the medical knowledge that rivals the very best doctors in the entire world at the time. And now, I think Chopper is the greatest doctor by a large margin as we are currently seeing in the manga

Luffy only allows fully capable allies a spot in his ship for life. I don’t think an animal can ever permanently become his Nakama. It seems to be against his code, but his love for animals doesn’t isn’t any less than a human. Remember Ucy? He one shotted Hajrudin at the Colosseum after he saw the condition that his friend Ucy was left in. Luffy loves all his friends dearly, but a pet being aboard his ship would just land him and his crew into more trouble that could lead to death. Luffy is selfish, but even he has his own restrictions to achieve his goal and keep his friends alive. To me, this is yet another subtlety to Oda’s magnificent writing
Hmm... After thinking about it I'd have to say the nakama angle is pretty strong point. You'd need a pet that can travel with them and not be a burden. Either it would have to be a strong pet with a little bit of human like intelligence or a pet that can't die. Then again considering how far we are into the series and we just now got a new nakama I don't see oda adding someone new anytime soon. 3 swordsman seems almost a bit much for the crew considering how diverse the talent had been.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Hmm... After thinking about it I'd have to say the nakama angle is pretty strong point. You'd need a pet that can travel with them and not be a burden. Either it would have to be a strong pet with a little bit of human like intelligence or a pet that can't die. Then again considering how far we are into the series and we just now got a new nakama I don't see oda adding someone new anytime soon. 3 swordsman seems almost a bit much for the crew considering how diverse the talent had been.
Here’s a question I would like to ask you relating to one of those swordsmen in the crew

What do you think about Franky being a swordsman? So you think at this point, even though he has not participated in any 1v1 sword fights, that he is comparable to a sword fighter on the level of maybe someone like Vista, the Commander of the 5th Division of the Whitebeard Pirates

NahaNago

Here’s a question I would like to ask you relating to one of those swordsmen in the crew

What do you think about Franky being a swordsman? So you think at this point, even though he has not participated in any 1v1 sword fights, that he is comparable to a sword fighter on the level of maybe someone like Vista, the Commander of the 5th Division of the Whitebeard Pirates
From what I just googled definitely not. I misremembered anyways. For some odd reason I kept seeing Jimbe with swords but he is a karate guy. Though from the size of him sumo should be where he should develop his martial arts but I guess you can't they do that because of the sumo frog Yokozuna. I could have sworn I'd seen Jimbe with swords.

Franky just adapts to the setting and has fun. I'd have to see the anime version of that fight to see if he is actually a swordsman or someone who plays around as if he is one. Even without that I seriously doubt he is that powerful as a swordsman. He would most likely be uses the guts type of sword and just bashes everybody out the way.

need sleep goodnight.

Naibel

Wonder Egg Priority is amazing.

Recap episode and a lackluster ep 9 lowered my expectations of it. I prefer the more realistic elements of the story than the more "Scy-Fy" ones. I hope they're still able to resolve all those plot threads without messing up. The animation quality is still insane though ! No doubt they're behind schedule because of that. Haven't seen the Momoe episode yet.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
N NahaNago

I get the feeling that Franky is too smart not to have trained relentlessly with his technology. His wake up call took place in Water 7 when he saw how many levels Luffy and Rob Lucci were above him. He wanted to rescue and save Tom-san just as badly as Luffy did Ace when he was handed over to the Navy by Blackbeard. I think with how much Franky loves his family, that he went just as hard with his training is the rest of the guys. It's insane how intensive each of the Straw Hats got with their training during those two years. The crew has been fortified immensely. Franky also has demonstrated, much like Zoro in the New World, that his enemies aren't really going to do a damn thing when he gets serious. That's the vibe I've sort of picked up on. Franky feels very confident and shows this. And now that he has Vegapunk's technology to use to his advantage, I think he's essentially as dangerous as two Bartholomew Kumas. When it comes to his swordplay though, he has never engaged in battle with a sword until now, so maybe it's just another weapon he'll pull from his arsenal when engaged in close combat. He may be a swordsman, and his ability is stronger than we can guess, but when it comes to being engaged versus a swordsman like Brook for example, I wonder which of the two would prove to show more capability? Brook has been a swordsman for a long time, Franky only recently whipped out this weapon and has shown he can fight with a sword. There's no way to assess how great he is at the moment

Those are my current thoughts

NahaNago

N NahaNago

I get the feeling that Franky is too smart not to have trained relentlessly with his technology. His wake up call took place in Water 7 when he saw how many levels Luffy and Rob Lucci were above him. He wanted to rescue and save Tom-san just as badly as Luffy did Ace when he was handed over to the Navy by Blackbeard. I think with how much Franky loves his family, that he went just as hard with his training is the rest of the guys. It's insane how intensive each of the Straw Hats got with their training during those two years. The crew has been fortified immensely. Franky also has demonstrated, much like Zoro in the New World, that his enemies aren't really going to do a damn thing when he gets serious. That's the vibe I've sort of picked up on. Franky feels very confident and shows this. And now that he has Vegapunk's technology to use to his advantage, I think he's essentially as dangerous as two Bartholomew Kumas. When it comes to his swordplay though, he has never engaged in battle with a sword until now, so maybe it's just another weapon he'll pull from his arsenal when engaged in close combat. He may be a swordsman, and his ability is stronger than we can guess, but when it comes to being engaged versus a swordsman like Brook for example, I wonder which of the two would prove to show more capability? Brook has been a swordsman for a long time, Franky only recently whipped out this weapon and has shown he can fight with a sword. There's no way to assess how great he is at the moment

Those are my current thoughts
Frankie is a specialist builder type character though. I would have figure that Frankie would have focused on building stronger weapons versus learning how to use the sword. So him learning a weapon as a crew member makes some sense but he seems more like a jack all of weapons type person . a sword in this universe just makes sense for pirates to use. Honestly Frankie seems more like the kind of guy who would use a club.

So power levels in dragon ball has me bothered or confused. The biggest issue I have is master roshi. How did someone who would have been slaughtered by Raditz is somehow able to fight in the multiverse tournament. The other is mr. satan or hercule. Was the bus feat of him pulling several buses a smoke and mirror or legit. He makes no sense.

Recap episode and a lackluster ep 9 lowered my expectations of it. I prefer the more realistic elements of the story than the more "Scy-Fy" ones. I hope they're still able to resolve all those plot threads without messing up. The animation quality is still insane though ! No doubt they're behind schedule because of that. Haven't seen the Momoe episode yet.
Animation quality is through the roof! We went back to catch up on Otherside Picnic and while I still love that show too, the quality difference is apparent. And ya... the recap episode was a let down, especially after watching 2 or 3 episodes a night. It’s all still fresh!

Cutty Flam

Banned
N NahaNago

He definitely has some incredible weaponry build. His ability in that area of fighting and fortifying was already the most impressive I've seen in the anime given what I've seen all from the Thousand Sunny and his abilities in battle. Ever since the Nightmare of Baldimore incident on Karakuri Island, Frankie has found all the blueprints he could need to build the best weapons. The explosion revealed Vegapunk's secret lab and he then gained access to the most advanced technology available. Based on sheer power alone, he doesn't have to exert himself nearly as much. I honestly think with his knack for building highly versatile as well as dangerous weapons (as seen at Water 7, at Karakuri Island) that he is probably several times more dangerous than Bartholomew Kuma - all thanks to his sheer luck and curiosity when he accidentally detonated that bomb in the first lab haha. I think even without those blueprints of Vegapunk's that Franky was going to become a much fiercer pirate, but now I am wondering if he worth of being called a part of the big three of the Mugiwara Pirates? I think Jinbe vs Sanji vs Frankie is up for debate at this point

As for the club, Frankie is strong, but I think pirates like "Mad Monk" Urouge or Kaido are better suited for such a weapon. Franky is not in their league in terms of sheer strength. He is top tier in strength, but I don't think he has that level of strength. It makes more sense to me that he would wield a blade of his craft, with his technologically advanced material. That gives him the edge versus such enemies if he were ever to engage with one of them. I cannot say with certainty that Frankie could take on an emperor but he seemed not to be phased at all when Big Mom is in proximity. All the Straw Hats except Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Jinbe, and Franky have shown fear to some degree in the presence of Big Mom. I guess you could say Brook as well. But I want to say he was nervous around her or slightly intimidated in WCI? I can't recall exactly. But Brook is tough as hell too now, and has proven to be just as courageous in the face of an Emperor of the Sea

As for Master Roshi, it's been a few years but I think in DBZ he was still very formidable except he doesn't have much left in the tank? I want to say in Dragon Ball when I was reading those volumes (one where Son Goku is a kid) that he once showed his true prowess out of nowhere one time and it was impressive. He basically became the strongest looking fool in the entire DB series lol. For a human at least. I don't doubt his ability in spurts, but he is an old man who knows his limits. It's surprising to hear he's competing in DBS, but given that universes are at stake, I suppose he has no choice in the matter. He's the type who wouldn't back down despite his age. There's no way I would believe Raditz could take down Master Roshi though, it's been a while since I read all of the chapters but Raditz was weak. Hercule I have zero idea how he could in that tournament. I would take Krillin missing an arm and a leg before I chose Hercule to finish a fight

NahaNago

N NahaNago

He definitely has some incredible weaponry build. His ability in that area of fighting and fortifying was already the most impressive I've seen in the anime given what I've seen all from the Thousand Sunny and his abilities in battle. Ever since the Nightmare of Baldimore incident on Karakuri Island, Frankie has found all the blueprints he could need to build the best weapons. The explosion revealed Vegapunk's secret lab and he then gained access to the most advanced technology available. Based on sheer power alone, he doesn't have to exert himself nearly as much. I honestly think with his knack for building highly versatile as well as dangerous weapons (as seen at Water 7, at Karakuri Island) that he is probably several times more dangerous than Bartholomew Kuma - all thanks to his sheer luck and curiosity when he accidentally detonated that bomb in the first lab haha. I think even without those blueprints of Vegapunk's that Franky was going to become a much fiercer pirate, but now I am wondering if he worth of being called a part of the big three of the Mugiwara Pirates? I think Jinbe vs Sanji vs Frankie is up for debate at this point

As for the club, Frankie is strong, but I think pirates like "Mad Monk" Urouge or Kaido are better suited for such a weapon. Franky is not in their league in terms of sheer strength. He is top tier in strength, but I don't think he has that level of strength. It makes more sense to me that he would wield a blade of his craft, with his technologically advanced material. That gives him the edge versus such enemies if he were ever to engage with one of them. I cannot say with certainty that Frankie could take on an emperor but he seemed not to be phased at all when Big Mom is in proximity. All the Straw Hats except Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Jinbe, and Franky have shown fear to some degree in the presence of Big Mom. I guess you could say Brook as well. But I want to say he was nervous around her or slightly intimidated in WCI? I can't recall exactly. But Brook is tough as hell too now, and has proven to be just as courageous in the face of an Emperor of the Sea

As for Master Roshi, it's been a few years but I think in DBZ he was still very formidable except he doesn't have much left in the tank? I want to say in Dragon Ball when I was reading those volumes (one where Son Goku is a kid) that he once showed his true prowess out of nowhere one time and it was impressive. He basically became the strongest looking fool in the entire DB series lol. For a human at least. I don't doubt his ability in spurts, but he is an old man who knows his limits. It's surprising to hear he's competing in DBS, but given that universes are at stake, I suppose he has no choice in the matter. He's the type who wouldn't back down despite his age. There's no way I would believe Raditz could take down Master Roshi though, it's been a while since I read all of the chapters but Raditz was weak. Hercule I have zero idea how he could in that tournament. I would take Krillin missing an arm and a leg before I chose Hercule to finish a fight
as for Frankie being possibly on par with Sanji or Jimbei, that is hard to say. We haven't seen he is truly capable of in wano. Sanji now has his suit boost, and Jimbei has barely shown any feats yet. From an overall heavy hitter standpoint I would say no but from being the guy who makes tons of weapons I could see him overwhelming sanji or Jimbei with massive amounts of weapons. Just because he is brave doesn't necessarily mean he is strong. I think Choppers transformations vs Frankies tech would make a more interesting fight

Master Roshi is near immortal. The problem though with power scaling master Roshi is that he gets nearly killed by King Piccolo the guy who killed his master. So i'm pretty sure Roshi would have given his all to kill king piccolo. That right there pretty much shows Roshi's limits. Raditz pretty much whoops Piccolo and Goku's butts though. How do you expect Roshi to do the same.

Durask

This looks interesting. Soviet Space Vampire!

Tsuki to Laika to Nosferatu (The Moon, Laika, and Nosferatu)

themarkedofcainhavereachedthemoon.jpg

The original novels' story is set in a fictional world, 10 years after a long war divided the world into two superpowers: the Union of Zirnitra Republics in the east, and the United Kingdom of Arnak in the west. Both of these superpowers now test their ambitions against each other in a space race. In 1960, the Union's Premier Gergiev announces Project Mechtat (Dream), a prestigious plan to launch manned missions into the final frontier. To this end, the Union establishes the isolated city of Laika 44, where cosmonaut candidates compete for planned manned missions to space, and scientists develop the technology to make it happen, all in an environment of secrecy.

The story centers on Lev Leps, a backup astronaut candidate, and his new companion, the vampire Irina Ruminescu. As part of a daring new Operation Nosferatu, Project Mechtat will use Irina as a test subject for various conditions expected in space, and ultimately as part of a manned mission, with Lev overseeing Irina's training as a cosmonaut. For reasons of their own, both dream of going into space.

Celcius

°Temp. member
This weekend I found out about Mushoku Tensei and and watched the whole first half of season one. For something that I had never heard of before, I've really been enjoying the show. Looking forward to July when the 2nd half of season one starts.

Komatsu

I made the mistake of reading the plot summary of Evangelion 3.0+1.0 and now I am raging at the fact I have followed this franchise for the last 26 years. What a train wreck.

This weekend I found out about Mushoku Tensei and and watched the whole first half of season one. For something that I had never heard of before, I've really been enjoying the show. Looking forward to July when the 2nd half of season one starts.

Haven't watched the show, but the manga is really good.

NahaNago

Unfortunately read the light novel for this which eventually soured me on the series.
I made the mistake of reading the plot summary of Evangelion 3.0+1.0 and now I am raging at the fact I have followed this franchise for the last 26 years. What a train wreck.

Haven't watched the show, but the manga is really good.
Thankfully I haven't read the summary so thanks for the tip to not read it.

Shouta

The anime production is really good overall. It's based off the light novel but I actually wished it had used more stuff from the manga because there's a lot of little changes and additions that I thought works way better for the story.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
N NahaNago

Someone told me that Franky, at some point, either referenced or claimed he had weapons that could damage Kaido...I don’t know if that was ever said, but I am curious to search for that statement if it ever happened. I think Sanji will soon take a stab at Kaido. We’ll see if Franky can make it to the rooftop of Onigashima and test his arsenal against Kaido. He doesn’t seem to fear Big Mom, so maybe he is really that equipped to fight on some level with the Yonko. With the Germa 66 Raid Suit, Sanji might be able to contribute, but I don’t think he can damage Kaido unless someone else opens up a weak point or vulnerable point. I think Sanji would need to wait for Luffy or Zoro to strike and create or open up a wound on Kaido’s body before he could attack with any success

We know Chopper is doing work only he and he alone could do to cure the disease of the ice demons right now. But if he manages to find himself fighting on the rooftop of Onigashima, I cannot wait to see him make use of Monster Point. I hope he goes so berserk in his efforts to tear down Kaido or whoever he might, that it actually looks like he INSN’T in control of Monster Point. That’s the kind of savagery I am hoping to see up there. Really pulling for Chopper to enter a fight where he can utilize that ability

Because Luffy can do most of the work, but Kaido and Big Mom are simply too much at this point. They’re grown, they’re battle tested, they’ve survived everything thrown at them even when Roger and his crew were around. They wont go down for at least another 30-40 chapters of pure action I would think

Top Bottom