• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another new epic Metroid Dread Trailer - Return of someone we haven't seen in a while... (Some might consider SPOILER)

Astral Dog

I think why I liked Prime 2 so much is that they put the Pirates in the background and went with more Alien environments and races. I think it's more of a struggle to try and make new Space Pirates in the overall lore than it is to just create totally new things maybe for Nintendo.
yep Prime2 was pretty fresh a lot of Corruption seemed like it was in response to Echoes critics, from visuals to mechanics to storyline, but i hope they go crazy again.

tbf i thought if they were gonna put the focus on the space pirates again, Prime 3 could have used Kraid or a new monster, BUT the hunters are pretty much new pirate commanders as well, i just don't associate the two for reasons, 😋 they work well and now i feel dumb.

Anyways good to see our big boy Kraid again

Corgi1985

Banned
In all honesty, i'm more excited for Metroid Dread & SMT5 on Switch this year than anything i could play on PC with my new 3080 TI, i can barely bring myself to finish Horizon Zero Dawn & Death Stranding PC even if they left very good impressions in presentation and graphics.

Some things never changes, if the game's foundation of gameplay mechanics are good, graphics comes second.
Well horizon is a very bad game

Pejo

At the very least it's targeting 60fps unlike the ROTN Switch port. However some gameplay segments in the trailer seem to exhibit framerate dips which I can deal with but am not thrilled about.
Yea I've pretty much taken it for granted that there are gonna be framerate dips if it's a Switch game at this point. I hadn't heard that they were targeting 60FPS though. That's good news as long as it's not dipping so frequently that it becomes really noticeable and a distraction.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
In all honesty, i'm more excited for Metroid Dread & SMT5 on Switch this year
giphy.gif

Ristifer

It will live and die by the level design.
Pretty sure that would’ve been the case no matter who ended up developing it. It is a Metroid game, after all.

As for the other complaints in this thread, they’re laughable. I am not quick to defend Nintendo, but this seems like it’s going to be a killer game. Time will tell, but it looks smooth af right now. Any talk about it looking like a 3DS game must be coming from people who never actually owned a 3DS.

Yea I've pretty much taken it for granted that there are gonna be framerate dips if it's a Switch game at this point. I hadn't heard that they were targeting 60FPS though. That's good news as long as it's not dipping so frequently that it becomes really noticeable and a distraction.
I can relate to expecting dips but there are a bunch of standouts that run at a rock solid 60fps on the platform, though they're mostly in other genres. I think the closest comparisons might be DKCTF and Ori 1.

Oh I didn't hear about them targeting 60fps; it's right there in their gameplay trailers. Gameplay footage is 60fps, cinematics are 30fps.

Pretty sure that would’ve been the case no matter who ended up developing it. It is a Metroid game, after all.

As for the other complaints in this thread, they’re laughable. I am not quick to defend Nintendo, but this seems like it’s going to be a killer game. Time will tell, but it looks smooth af right now. Any talk about it looking like a 3DS game must be coming from people who never actually owned a 3DS.
Some people just have no idea what they're talking about and will take any opportunity to troll Nintendo. Their minds are already made up that it looks worse than it really is. You don't have to be a Nintendo fan to see this looks better than any 3DS game, and I've played on the 3DS XL. Metroid Dread does look better than Samus Returns and it comes as no surprise.

Last edited:

OsirisBlack

Banned
What do you actually expect from a side scrolling game exactly? Because it looks fine to me for a Switch game.
And the big hitter will be Prime4.
Wouldn’t be surprised if this is better than prime 4 … at least to my age group. Super Metroid is still my favorite game of all time followed by final fantasy tactics. This is my most anticipated game.

Porcile

Can't wait for the Prime 4 reactions on here.

"Looks like a Dreamcast game at best."

"Nintendo is stealing 20 quadrillion dollars a day from people but they spend 100 dollars on Prime 4's budget. Utter scumbags."

"Fucking Metroid Prime? Where is Donkey Kong?"

"$60? This should be a budget release at best."

carlosrox

Banned
On Oct 8 Nintendo returns to the genre they created.

I personally don't like this movie but the text in the trailer is fire. Wonderful sentiment.

NINTENDO RETURNS TO THE GENRE THEY CREATED!!

Last edited:

Serouj2000

Can't wait for the Prime 4 reactions on here.

"Looks like a Dreamcast game at best."

"Nintendo is stealing 20 quadrillion dollars a day from people but they spend 100 dollars on Prime 4's budget. Utter scumbags."

"Fucking Metroid Prime? Where is Donkey Kong?"

"$60? This should be a budget release at best."
E3 2013 Nintendo Direct be like:
pTJsonw.gif

CGiRanger

Banned
hNV96Cd.gif
\
WOW this LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this real time. Where the Haters at.
Missed the first couple of pages? But yeah this particular scene stood out nicely with the lighting and the glows. Also kudos again to the devs at MercurySteam prioritizing 60fps performance. Metroid games definitely need that fluidity to really stand out.

Top Bottom