• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone find SC: PT to be boring now?

KarishBHR

When I first got the game, I absolutley loved it... but now I dont really like it so much. There are too many people who dont know what they're doing, and too many people that are so good its not fun. Basically what Im saying is, this game is a one trick pony. I feel like I need more depth and variety in my online games... things that change from match to match (like sports or racing... or something else like it). Anyone else feel the same way?

I hear some complaints based on people sucking too bad online or being too good, i guess its like any game... when I first started playing crimson skies online, i couldnt shoot down a thing.. now i am regularly at the top of a game and very competitive.

mechassault, i never got the hang of, and would have my butt handed to me on a regular basis...

I dont have splinter cell 2 yet, but i liked the first alot and will probably be picking up pandora tomorrow soon, as in this week.. i wont probably go onlnie right away, but i am excited to get some good games in with SP:pD, as I hear if you have a good game, with 3 people you know, it is an amazing online experience.. the mall map that is P-DLC, looks amazing too.

Agreed completely. I don't find that the stealth, even in single player, is implemented particularly well.

Something that pretty well and shocked me is how much better riddick does stealth than splinter cell. Stealth feels very naturally implemented...as if you should use it because that's what makes logical sense, and not simply because the designers stack the deck against run and gun. Also I find riddick (atleast on hard) to be much more tense as far as stealth goes.

Didn't really mean to delve into a spiel about how great riddick is, but it's one of those games that simply does everything right.

Getting back to the subject at hand, yes, i've grown tired of splinter cell.

KarishBHR

morbidaza said:
Agreed completely. I don't find that the stealth, even in single player, is implemented particularly well.

Something that pretty well and shocked me is how much better riddick does stealth than splinter cell. Stealth feels very naturally implemented...as if you should use it because that's what makes logical sense, and not simply because the designers stack the deck against run and gun. Also I find riddick (atleast on hard) to be much more tense as far as stealth goes.

Didn't really mean to delve into a spiel about how great riddick is, but it's one of those games that simply does everything right.

Getting back to the subject at hand, yes, i've grown tired of splinter cell.

I 100% agree... Im just not awed by SC anymore, since its been 1 uped

i havent played SC:pD, but the stealth in riddick kinda felt forced to me... if you are in a shadow, they cant completely see you, but you step one foot out, and all of a sudden, even if they are turned around, it seems they sense your presence..

but overall, i guess i was let down by riddick, i didnt get into it as much, and actually preferred games like Unreal Championship on my xbox to it...

it is certainly a great game, but i think the over-hype for it got my expectations too high, and there are little things that show it isnt as polished as a larger developer might have made it, and that kind of ruined stuff for me sometimes too.. the save system in particular.

Kuroyume

Banned
The best way to have fun in SC:pT is to go to a free unranked game, give each side many lives and just focus on killing each other instead of trying to stop neutralization or any of the other modes. I spent the last two days just playing games where all that was being done was killing.

novery

I swore off stealth games after the first Splinter Cell because I hated it so much, but now I'm knee-deep in Thief 3, Pandora Tomorrow, and Riddick. I'm having fun with Thief and Riddick, but I can't say that for PD. It's all the restrctions that they put on you. It's so frusterating and stupid.

Just by chance I loaded up Ninja Gaiden yesterday and it felt really refreshing after so much stealth games. Ninja ass kicking never felt so good.

-rp

I play SC:pT pretty much on a nightly basis.

Its my favorite online game by a huge margin. That may be because I play with the same person every match (known here as Uno Ill Nino).

My only complaint is spies who have no intention of disarming the ND113s. Their only goal is to win the match by killing both mercs three times. I can't stand people who do this and I usually boot them if I'm hosting or leave the game if I'm not hosting.

If you play with people who play "correctly", then it can be the most intense and engrossing online game ever made.

*To the thread starter, you should download the new maps. The new mall map is probably the best map in the game.

aerofx

Single player I only beat it because I wanted to get my 50 dollars worth but Online Multiplayer is always fun and keeps me coming back every now and then. Only time I stop playing is when I get my ass handed to me so bad, then I just logoff and cry in my pillow.

Top Bottom