• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assasins Creed: Mirage Information, Cover Art and Release Date leaked

Draugoth

Gold Member

Japanese retailers have listed Assassin's Creed Mirage with an October 12 release date. (Japanese retailers generally don't date a product unless official. In other words, placeholder dates aren't a thing.) A release date hasn't been officially announced by Ubisoft yet.

-Chase the shadow Become the ultimate assassin.
-Experience the story of Bashim ibn Ishaq, a cunning thief in search of answers and justice, and traverse the bustling streets of century-old Baghdad.
-As a member of the Hidden Ones, an ancient and mysterious organization, Basim becomes a formidable Master Assassin and changes his destiny in unexpected ways.

The game cover and pictures also leaked:

Fw5XvxZWAAMn6lH

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
October 12th…the fuck was the point of announcing this over a year ago? Ubisoft is such a wreck with delays these days

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I still can't believe this series was meant as a trilogy. Is Desmond even still relevant? I was burned out after brotherhood.

No, he's not anymore.

As one of the lead AC apologists among my friends (and this board it seems, hah!), I'm looking forward to Mirage. For whatever reason, I keep playing this series, and very much enjoying it, though I do recognize why it gets so much hate.

Puscifer

No, he's not anymore.

As one of the lead AC apologists among my friends (and this board it seems, hah!), I'm looking forward to Mirage. For whatever reason, I keep playing this series, and very much enjoying it, though I do recognize why it gets so much hate.
I mean I don't hate it, but they set up a clear story that was to be followed through and after brotherhood even back then I was like "were never going to finish this story" and bowed out. I'm sure it's fun, never said it wasn't or that they're bad games, but they're more about exploring certain ideas then anything else at this point. I wanted my Assassin's vs Templar's fight in modern day that was clearly telegraphed to happen that just... Didn't

Kurotri

Its there a lineal story after desmond? i quit the series after black flag.
After Desmond there's not much happening until Origins. Origins, Odyssey and Valhalla is a "new" story that adds more lore and goes through many hoops and turns that ultimately ends up being a rehash of Desmond's journey. The threat is still the same one from before, so overall outside of beefing things up a little more the threat and story is still the same but with a different flavour. It's an absolute mess to follow if you are a newcomer because some things that were introduced in the games end up being resolved in random comics only 5 people read.

Hated Valhalla so hoping this takes a much different approach. I’d actually prefer this to be more in line with the Ezio games, they were pretty good looking back at them.

Mossybrew

I dunno, Valhalla kind of burned me out on this series. I guess I am curious to see if the gameplay differs at all.

Robb

Gold Member
Looks like more Assassins Creed.. Hopefully there’s some interesting gameplay additions that can differentiate it.

I still can't believe this series was meant as a trilogy. Is Desmond even still relevant? I was burned out after brotherhood.
Nope, they completely fucked up that arc with AC3. I have no idea why brotherhood wasn't just 3 and revelations 4 and 3 actually 5. I guess they made it that way to follow Ezio's story, still weird.

Hydroxy

Currently playing AC Odyssey and its good so far but bloated. Good to know Mirage will be about 15hrs or so for the nain story like the older games. I will keep my expectations low but hope its a sleeper hit like AC Rogue was.

Would be cool if this is what fans of the original couple of entries are looking for. Maybe if this game does well, we'll get more of the old-style AC games.

Hell, if this does well maybe Ubi could do those stupidly big RPGs on 3 to 4 year cycles. With Mirage-like AC games popping up in between those 3 year cycles

I really wish they would have made Bayek from origins the new Ezio. Bayek felt like a real person, his story was touching. The loss of his child and the memories of his life were woven into his story very well. The setting was mysterious and there were biblical references throughout. There was more of something supernatural happening there. I felt like they actually captured again what they had with the Ezio saga.

Top Bottom