• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atomic Heart | Review Thread

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Performance is alright on the S so far. We'll see when I get the more open areas

Game is awesome otherwise. Cringe ass fuck dialogue lol

Also no autosave is going to be a pain in the ass. Relooting is not fun
blogs-the-feed-what-they-actually-do-at-microsoft_o_792299.gif

Karak

Does it give a satisfying challenge on Hard mode in your opinion?

Also what did ypu think about the lack of a run button?
Ya I feel like it did. it can be very hard and easy depending on the difficulty setting. Some enemies you may do better with depending on the updates. But you do have to pay attention to them.

No..sprint button? Uhm. Well you already are running pretty damned fast and then have the dash which can be upgraded to be insane even at low levels. Not sure it matters much as they would overlap a huge amount. I can see someone sort of seeing a spot and saying MAN I want to get there just a BIT faster, but dash is faster than any sprint could be.
I guess I would just say it didn't impact me. There is a LOT of issues with games, and I think the lack of a sprint button is sort of low on the list if the game has other movement stuff.

One of the best part, and it looks like people here are picking up on it who ae playing. The level design can be LEGIT. So many weird things going on and it keeps surprising you.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I hope this gets bashed to oblivion for cringe terrible dialogue just because Forspoken got destroyed imo very undeservedly. japanese charm gets destroyed and this gets a pass? Fuck no.
And Forspoken plays great and it's genuinely a good game

Nothing about Forspoken was "Charming". It was endlessly frustrating.

This seems to have similar issues, but more enjoyable characters in a much shorter game.

Denton

What controller are you using? I'm using my PS5 controller,and the right stick is used to turn the camera,but the left stick is walking and turning the camera at the same time,it's fucking annoying
Xbox one wireless controller, works as expected.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Has anyone in this thread defended this games dialogue? You're literally making shit up. I straight up called it bad in my last post. The main character is written like what a 13 yeold old edge lord thinks sounds cool.

Read what I said and not what you think I said. I pointed out that there's a lot of rope being given the game here, the same rope that wasn't used with the FS criticisms that were tossed about.

. . you clearly want to play the game. Cool beans. Go play it. Not gonna stop others from discussing this game and contrasting the response to mediocrity it is getting versus other recent fare.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm sorry, did someone say this game does not have auto save ?

does it have check points at least ? we're not in the 90s anymore ..

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Nothing about Forspoken was "Charming". It was endlessly frustrating.

This seems to have similar issues, but more enjoyable characters in a much shorter game.
wrong wrong wrong.
There was nothing frustrating about forspoken. Characters were good and game is good.
From what I've seen so far, Atomic Heart is terribly annoying and badly written. Way more so than people claim with forspoken.
But I've finished forspoken and watched Atomic Heart reviews. You've not played or finihed any of these games

Denton

I'm sorry, did someone say this game does not have auto save ?

does it have check points at least ? we're not in the 90s anymore ..
I literally just got an autosave. But I am still in the pre-open world phase.

There are save stations where you can save manually as well.

wrong wrong wrong.

just shut the fuck up about forspoken already

nobody cares about that game

especially in threads about other games

Last edited:
Read what I said and not what you think I said. I pointed out that there's a lot of rope being given the game here, the same rope that wasn't used with the FS criticisms that were tossed about.

. . you clearly want to play the game. Cool beans. Go play it. Not gonna stop others from discussing this game and contrasting the response to mediocrity it is getting versus other recent fare.
I haven't heard a single line of dialogue from this game. Forspoken was a meme mostly due to its marketing which often featured awkward lines very prominently. If anything, I'd blame the marketing. Most things sound better in context of playing the game. When I actually get a chance to play AH, I'll see what I think of the dialogue.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
wrong wrong wrong.
There was nothing frustrating about forspoken. Characters were good and game is good.
From what I've seen so far, Atomic Heart is terribly annoying and badly written. Way more so than people claim with forspoken.
But I've finished forspoken and watched Atomic Heart reviews. You've not played or finihed any of these games

I put 25 hours into forspoken before I sold it. The game had the most groan inducing dialogue I have ever played, and I have played a *lot* of games with groan-inducing dialogue. Characters were utterly forgettable aside from how much they talked.

Atomic Heart seems to have similar issues, but with characters that don't take themselves as seriously as they did in Forspoken and in a game that is at least 2/3s to 1/2 the length of Forspoken, making the "awful writing" much more tolerable.

I get you are a fan and really want to have this persecution complex, but c'mon mate.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I put 25 hours into forspoken before I sold it. The game had the most groan inducing dialogue I have ever played, and I have played a *lot* of games with groan-inducing dialogue. Characters were utterly forgettable aside from how much they talked.

Atomic Heart seems to have similar issues, but with characters that don't take themselves as seriously as they did in Forspoken and in a game that is at least 2/3s to 1/2 the length of Forspoken, making the "awful writing" much more tolerable.

I get you are a fan and really want to have this persecution complex, but c'mon mate.
25 hours, you were close to the end....

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
25 hours, you were close to the end....

No, I wasn't. I talked with a friend who fell in love with teh game and told him where I was. I wasn't even halfway through the main story. Not going to bother playing something even longer than I already played when I disliked it. Life is too short. I gave it a fair shake but found it utterly dreadful.

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
Didn't this guy refuse to review Hogwarts Legacy because he wasn't given a free copy?

I think I will stick to believing what GGManLIves and ACG have to say over this dude. He has lost all integrity and credibility in my eyes over his last few months of reviews.
Yes, but he said he already had a full month with games he was more interested on so he didn't think it was worth to do a post-embargo review. When he has talked about Hogwarts Legacy he's been either neutral or positive. I still trust him quite a bit as his tastes tend to match mine, still giving Atomic Hearts a try tho

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
No, I wasn't. I talked with a friend who fell in love with teh game and told him where I was. I wasn't even halfway through the main story. Not going to bother playing something even longer than I already played when I disliked it. Life is too short. I gave it a fair shake but found it utterly dreadful.
that's fine

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
One of the best part, and it looks like people here are picking up on it who ae playing. The level design can be LEGIT.
Thanks for your feedback man, loved your review.

When it comes to level design, does it have branching paths when it comes to the "dungeons", offering some exploration? Or are they mostly linear?

Hugare

Yes, but he said he already had a full month with games he was more interested on so he didn't think it was worth to do a post-embargo review. When he has talked about Hogwarts Legacy he's been either neutral or positive. I still trust him quite a bit as his tastes tend to match mine, still giving Atomic Hearts a try tho
And dont you think that his response was absurd? Not covering one of the biggest releases of the year because he would rather cover Destiny expansion? Yeah, right

I enjoy most of his reviews, but he is just trying to save his ass from some drama. Clearly.

Ya I feel like it did. it can be very hard and easy depending on the difficulty setting. Some enemies you may do better with depending on the updates. But you do have to pay attention to them.

No..sprint button? Uhm. Well you already are running pretty damned fast and then have the dash which can be upgraded to be insane even at low levels. Not sure it matters much as they would overlap a huge amount. I can see someone sort of seeing a spot and saying MAN I want to get there just a BIT faster, but dash is faster than any sprint could be.
I guess I would just say it didn't impact me. There is a LOT of issues with games, and I think the lack of a sprint button is sort of low on the list if the game has other movement stuff.

One of the best part, and it looks like people here are picking up on it who ae playing. The level design can be LEGIT. So many weird things going on and it keeps surprising you.
Haha yes I had to type quickly. The 'sprint' button is what I meant. That makes me feel better. Some of what I was reading had me worried it was a slog, but your comments make me feel better.

In the last year I've become addicted to challenge in games and having to overcome the odd, so hopefully this can give that to me.

Side note - I like that you way you type is just like the way you talk in your reviews 🤣 love your stuff man. You just got yourself a new paid subscriber.

Needlecrash

No lie, you're one of the very few reviewers I trust. I'm glad this is recommended by you. I'm hoping the PS5 version shapes up to be okay. Been hearing issues about bugs and corrupted save data.

Nydius

wrong wrong wrong.

Jesus Christ man. How many non-Forspoken threads are you going to jump into in an attempt to derail them into Forspoken discussions just to feel better about yourself? You've been doing this incessantly since the game launched. You aren't here to discuss Atomic Heart (or any other game) in good faith, you just want to go console warrin' over a mediocre timed exclusive. That kinda shit should be a bannable offense.

Jesus Christ man. How many non-Forspoken threads are you going to jump into in an attempt to derail them into Forspoken discussions just to feel better about yourself? You've been doing this incessantly since the game launched. You aren't here to discuss Atomic Heart (or any other game) in good faith, you just want to go console warrin' over a mediocre timed exclusive. That kinda shit should be a bannable offense.
In his defense, if you want to discuss Forspoken you gotta go where the people are.
(not in the Forspoken thread)

M1987

The screenshots probably won't do it any justice,but this is easily one of the best looking games I have ever played

124ae7f0-927f-415e-b76lina.png

161c7f66-4395-403b-a6tsfo1.png

c45581b5-e1fb-4ff5-83pxe61.png

5fc1203e-5df8-4611-b2nneo0.png

c5c02a88-76e7-487b-8cbzcj0.png

7832049f-bdbe-4a6c-a7ggdxw.png

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
It will 100% get overlooked. lol Interesting bit here though:

Doesn't bother be a ton but I do find the double standards interesting.....

What double standards? Multiple reviews ding the game for its dialogue.

But this is on game pass. j/k

I tend to like bad dialogue, especially if I can get a laugh out of it. I haven’t played Forspoken yet. I will the day it his Extra. I wouldn’t be playing Atomic Heart, unless it was on game pass.

I think that’s the difference though. I think there’s more people shitting on Forspoken because they haven’t/aren’t playing it. While a lot of people will at least try Atomic Heart, due to be on a subscription service.

You do realize there was a demo? And MANY people played that demo?

wrong wrong wrong.

It's perfectly fine for you to say AH is terribly annoying after watching reviews, but you got really steamed at people who based their opinions of FS on reviews and clips on Twitter.

I don't think you can complain about double standards here.

wrong wrong wrong.

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Naru

As expected. I am going to play this because of Game Pass. And I don't get the "outrage" about the fridge thing.

Top Bottom