• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AVATAR: FRONTIERS OF PANDORA GAMEPLAY IMPRESSIONS ARE COMING NEXT WEEK

Doom85

yelling steve carrell GIF

Sethbacca

I doubt the gameplay will be fantastic, but the world looks awesome. I don't think i'll pay full price for it but $30-40 depending on reviews.

What's going on in this thread lol. There's still like a month and a half till this game releases so it's a bit too early for predictions when we've only seen curated footage from ubi themsevels.

skit_data

What's going on in this thread lol. There's still like a month and a half till this game releases so it's a bit too early for predictions when we've only seen curated footage from ubi themsevels.
I was mostly thinking of how wierd it would be if this would be another unexpected 90+ game, this year is already starting to get ridiculous (i.e many of the games not even getting a nomination could easily be GOTY other years) but I realize now that I might have accidentaly made everyone placing their bets due to that

StueyDuck

Actual coop already puts this far ahead of most other games this year for me (let's hope the game part is good too).

IDWhite

Another Ubisoft open world collect-athon Far cry with an Avatar skin, are people actually excited for this ?

And what do you expect them to do in an Avatar game? A farmer simulator?

The "Far cry with Avatar skin" type of logic is applicable on all games.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Idk man. This game doesn’t have a single thing about it that has me remotely interested.

I don’t even think mass audience casuals even know this is a thing.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
And what do you expect them to do in an Avatar game? A farmer simulator?

The "Far cry with Avatar skin" type of logic is applicable on all games.

Dunno man, maybe something different than the usual Ubisoft formula® that everyone has been playing for the past 15+ years ?

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
And what is that "something" for you? As I said the same logic could be applied to all companies and games.

Is From Software doing new things now?

Are you telling ac 1 has same formula as ac Valhalla dude go home you are drunk

I just found the 2 Ubisoft collect-athon copy-paste loving fans in this thread 😁

Christ my dudes, if you can't see what Ubisoft have been doing wrong for the past 15 years I really don't know what to tell you - especially to the dude that put FROM into the discussion.

You love their games ? that's fine by me and more power to you , the fact that you apparently put quantity over quality (which is an Ubisoft trademark at this point) though and the fact that you also don't get the comment about the repetition/typical Ubi grind /Maps filled with icons and collectable shit for people suffering from OCD is a different thing.

They're the kings of "soulless" and "repetitive" videogames putting quantity over quality above all else.

You like it ? Again, it's fine, don't mean that others have to though.

PS : Valiant Hearts + Child of light were actually really good games - a stark contrast to the usual open world bullshit that they shit out every 1 year/1 year and a half for the lowest common denominator target group out there which likes to "shoot shoot bang bang®" watching those XP bars fill up whilst collecting 146758821117 collectables in their boring, almost empty maps/worlds.

Really they're souless lol that would be Sony not ubisoft, looks pretty with shitty ass gameplay without any depth in their world go check division 2 has way more details than every Sony games combined, ubisoft games worlds are way above any publisher except rockstar when it comes attention of details
I just found the 2 Ubisoft collect-athon copy-paste loving fans in this thread 😁

Christ my dudes, if you can't see what Ubisoft have been doing wrong for the past 15 years I really don't know what to tell you - especially to the dude that put FROM into the discussion.

You love their games ? that's fine by me and more power to you , the fact that you apparently put quantity over quality (which is an Ubisoft trademark at this point) though and the fact that you also don't get the comment about the repetition/typical Ubi grind /Maps filled with icons and collectable shit for people suffering from OCD is a different thing.

They're the kings of "soulless" and "repetitive" videogames putting quantity over quality above all else.

PS : Valiant Hearts + Child of light were actually really good games - a stark contrast to the usual open world bullshit that they shit out every 1 year/1 year and a half for the lowest common denominator target group out there which likes to "shoot shoot bang bang®" watching those XP bars fill up whilst collecting 146758821117 collectables in their boring, almost empty maps/worlds.

The thread is filling up with people saying that Ubisoft is predictable, but it's already predictable behavior to state this because everyone here already knows this about Ubisoft.

Can jokes be jokes if everyone knows the punchline? :pie_thinking:

MiguelItUp

I'm not a gigantic Avatar fan or anything, but if the game does well it'll certainly make me curious. I don't mind it being a FC reskin, especially since it would be different enough to probably make me a little more interested.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Really they're souless lol that would be Sony not ubisoft, looks pretty with shitty ass gameplay without any depth in their world go check division 2 has way more details than every Sony games combined, ubisoft games worlds are way above any publisher except rockstar when it comes attention of details

Sorry but I gotta lol

Well, at least we all know which side you're leaning on.😁

Anyway, it's cool, keep enjoying whatever you like

IDWhite

I put From Software into the discussion because they are making Souls like types of games for more than 10 years. Same thing from games of Rockstar, Quantic Dream, Naughty Dog...

All open worlds, action games, RPGs... All have similarities because no one is making nothing new, all of them are using the possibilities of the medium to offer an experience that are made before in other ways, with other caracters, stories, worlds...

If Ubisoft feels comfortable creating open worlds it is because they are masters at world building, people appreciate their work and they are successful because of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom