• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AVATAR: FRONTIERS OF PANDORA GAMEPLAY IMPRESSIONS ARE COMING NEXT WEEK

CamHostage

Man, I'm a bit drunk now, but when I saw the movie in 3D and it got to the part with the sea world... Magnifique! It was extraordinary!

It's probably smart that, while the trailer for this game shows lakes and bodies of water here and there, it doesn't show them trying to "expand the world" with underwater exploration. Probably there's tech at Massive to do many of the same effects of surface-to-water transition and water caustics and such found in stuff like Horizon: FW and Far Cry 6 (recently Ark: Survival Ascended pulled off some of these same water systems in its open world,) but I think none of the trailers has shown swimming much less diving and underwater play.

IMO it's better they concentrate on getting good surface and flying action down rather than shoehorning in ocean exploration. Leave that to the sequel or maybe DLC, and follow the movie's example of really caring about what the underwater environment and sealife interaction would be if it's to be added into the experience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom