• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - Official Story Trailer

Become Na'vi and explore the Western Frontier in Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora. You'll play as a child of two worlds, born Na’vi but raised by the RDA. Fifteen years after your abduction, you are free, and must reconnect with your lost heritage. Meet new Na'vi clans, learn their ways, and join them to protect Pandora from the RDA.

*Captured on PS5 at 60 FPS
Mix of gameplay and and in-game cinematics

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
We'll see how many people come into the thread, not read this, and then make downgrade hot takes.
yeah, but who asked them to release a story trailer with performance mode footage? Pure dumb move.

Really hoping that their performance mode is using a shittier version of GI because the lighting looks way worse than the RTGI they showed at E3 and even a couple weeks ago in the Pc version. I doubt the game got downgraded in 2 weeks. Or at least I hope the PC version stays that way because thats how i will be playing it.

yeah, but who asked them to release a story trailer with performance mode footage? Pure dumb move.
Lol, I thought it was boldly honest of Sony to make sure Ubisoft showed footage of what the game would actually look like without misleading consumers. It reminded me of when AAA third parties are being shown on Nintendo Direct, with framerate drops and all.

Denton

Graphics is really impressive, Snowdrop pulling its weight. Wish I could play as human though. Still, gonna play this in ubiplus when it launches.

IDWhite

Really hoping that their performance mode is using a shittier version of GI because the lighting looks way worse than the RTGI they showed at E3 and even a couple weeks ago in the Pc version. I doubt the game got downgraded in 2 weeks. Or at least I hope the PC version stays that way because thats how i will be playing it.

They said RTGI is the only implementation on al platforms. Ps5 is using a ray per pixel and in this trailer the RTGI still doing his job.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
They said RTGI is the only implementation on al platforms. Ps5 is using a ray per pixel and in this trailer the RTGI still doing his job.
If i recall correctly they said they have fallbacks for GPUs without RT cores at which point it becomes software GI.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Like others, I'm also not entirely happy with the Far-Cry-inspired gameplay or the 1st person mood.

Having said that, Ubisoft really outdid itself with the visuals and aesthetics. This game is looking total eye-candy! 🔥

Top Bottom