• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Frontiers of Pandora New Trailer Released. Releases on December 7 | Ubisoft Game Foward 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member

FycDcZ0aQAAQt7N

FycLPaQaMAAMZdI

FycND98aYAAhooL

Watch the Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora World Premiere Trailer. Set on the never-before-seen Western Frontier of Pandora, you'll play as a spawn of two worlds: born Na'vi, but raised under the care of the GDR. Fifteen years later, you're free, but you've become an unknown figure in your homeland. Rescue your lost past, discover the true meaning of being Na'vi, and join other clans to protect Pandora against the GDR.

About Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora:​

Set after the events of the first Avatar movie, you'll embark on a journey into the Western Frontier, an unseen continent of Pandora, teaming up with other Na'vi clans to protect Pandora from the formidable forces of the GDR. Created in collaboration with Disney and James Cameron's production company, Lightstorm Entertainment, you'll experience an open-world, first-person action-adventure game uniquely designed to maximize the power of the next generation of consoles and PC.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
I have no interest in this but they’ve done a great job capturing the style. Looks solid visually.

Zuzu

Looks pretty good but we need to see what the open world gameplay consists of a bit more. Hopefully it won’t be full with ‘outpost’ clearing.

Last edited:
That will be such an incredible world to explore, really looking forward to it. I just hope it doesn’t play like far cry, kind of disappointed it’s in first person.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
This looks phenomenal visually, finally we have reached the point where consoles can accurately match the big screen in terms of their visual fidelity.

Generic Ubi hogwash or not, I'm more than happy to put up with that for the opportunity to explore the breathtaking world of Pandora.

Day fucking 1. A game about ancient Earth just like the movie? I can’t wait to see what other hidden info they add just in the game. Esoterical facts.

On topic of the game itself, yeah I will be buying the physical and probably the PC version to just to support. Graphics and gameplay nextgen type of energy

Wow, this looks great! Is this their own engine? If so I expect that it was re-worked for this game, and that we might finally start to see some really good looking come out of Ubisoft.....Hopefully they can bring the gameplay too!

Robochobo

"Mix of gameplay, cutscenes and in-engine footage. Not all images shown are in-game."
Yeah I'll wait till we get a gameplay overview. Ubisoft will not bullshot me ever again.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is Ubisoft we're talking about here.

Adjust your expectations accordingly.
I fully expected a downgrade from the 2021 in-engine trailer. But honestly, if there is a downgrade, it isnt massive. The tech is still there. The foliage looks insane. The world looks like a painting.

Character rendering isnt as good as horizon so if they were going to fake it, they would not have had those fugly looking characters.

Metnut

Looks really good but i just finished Horizon FW and this looks a little similar. Probably going to hang until 2024 to check this out.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Wow, this looks great! Is this their own engine? If so I expect that it was re-worked for this game, and that we might finally start to see some really good looking come out of Ubisoft.....Hopefully they can bring the gameplay too!
Snow drop engine. It was used in Division, Mario and Rabbids, southpark and the upcoming Star Wars game to be shown later in the conference. I expect that to look insane too.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Snow drop engine. It was used in Division, Mario and Rabbids, southpark and the upcoming Star Wars game to be shown later in the conference. I expect that to look insane too.
You remember The Division shown, then released.

The "Not all images shown are in-game." has me a bit tentative.

ungalo

I think this kind of adaptation fits well with Ubisoft, they're right to make this and Star Wars.

It shows that even games with very standard game design can attract attention if they have an interesting world (we saw that with Hogwarts, which is a game that could have been done by Ubisoft and just as well i think). People are just sick of Far Cry as a universe at the moment.

And since i think they suck at creating new worlds right now but they still have very good art designers, that's a good choice to pick preexisting licenses to have something fresh.

HighPoly

Banned
I prefer to wait Far Cry 7, cause if AVATAR could be this pretty, imagine a next Far Cry game, reproducing real life world.

Top Bottom