• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Frontiers of Pandora New Trailer Released. Releases on December 7 | Ubisoft Game Foward 2023

HighPoly

Banned
I prefer to wait Far Cry 7, cause if AVATAR could be this pretty, imagine a next Far Cry game, reproducing real life world!

I mean, with FAR CRY 2 Physics!!!

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
You remember The Division shown, then released.
Division was revealed at E3 2013 and released in March 2015. Had a lot of time between downgrades.

I think 6 months is too short a time to downgrade the fucking shit out of something. they will tone down some settings like shadow quality, resolution, AA and foliage density to hit 30 fps, but overall its too late to downgrade anything.

The most important thing is that it doesnt look severely downgraded from the original E3 2021 reveal. So if they didnt downgrade it in the last two years, last 6 months is very unlikely.

Full disclosure, im playing this on PC so i might be dismissing the potential downgrades in the PS5 version. I think PC will ship with the non-downgraded version of this footage. Unlike Division which had a downgrade across all platforms after its original reveal.

The "Not all images shown are in-game." has me a bit tentative.

This on the other hand is troubling.

hyperbertha

Of all the companies to wow me for the first time this gen, it turned out to be fucking ubisoft.
But then again, they were the ones to do it last gen too...with ac unity. Shame they downgraded their later games.

Edder1

Larry David Reaction GIF
I have no idea how a blind person like you was able to post in this thread.

Noxxera

Of all the companies to wow me for the first time this gen, it turned out to be fucking ubisoft.
But then again, they were the ones to do it last gen too...with ac unity. Shame they downgraded their later games.
I definitely question your taste in games if you get wowed by AC games

I fully expected a downgrade from the 2021 in-engine trailer. But honestly, if there is a downgrade, it isnt massive. The tech is still there. The foliage looks insane. The world looks like a painting.

Character rendering isnt as good as horizon so if they were going to fake it, they would not have had those fugly looking characters.
I'm afraid the downgrade is already massive and based on their track record, there's more coming.

SlimySnake

Whats your point I'm wrong and its Far Cry ripped? LMAO.
It's neither. Horizon wasnt the first game set in a jungle, far cry wasnt either.

This is its own thing. No doubt far cry is an inspiration but its clear Avatar was its first inspiration. Far Cry and Horizon both wish they had a beautiful and original world like this.

hyperbertha

I definitely question your taste in games if you get wowed by AC games
Ac unity was not a very good games, but you have to be an idiot if you don't understand I meant visuals exclusively. It is the best looking game last gen on par with tlou2.

Noxxera

It's neither. Horizon wasnt the first game set in a jungle, far cry wasnt either.

This is its own thing. No doubt far cry is an inspiration but its clear Avatar was its first inspiration. Far Cry and Horizon both wish they had a beautiful and original world like this.
Okok you took what I said way too serious. Glad we can agree its retards saying its ripping far cry.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Yep looks good, but still downgraded from the first reveal.
And the heavy Far Cry vibe... I'm not sure.

SlimySnake

Yeah, Ubisoft devs seem to have this ambition that first party devs are lacking. I dont mind downgrades tbh, all it tells me is that the hardware got in the way of their ambition. Id rather they try and fail like they did with watch dogs and division then just release a bunch of cross gen games or faux next gen games like sony and to a lesser extent microsoft studios have done.

Hell, I have a soft spot for AC Unity because thats one game that they shipped knowing full well the consoles couldnt handle it. I played it on the pro at 900p 30 fps and it was a very smooth experience and looked absolutely incredible next to 4k games i was playing on the Pro. On PC, it looks better than every AC game since. Including the Mirage game they are showing right now. The lighting, np count and interior design in AC Unity is remarkable.

Edder1

Yep looks good, but still downgraded from the first reveal.
And the heavy Far Cry vibe... I'm not sure.
Yeah, the first trailer was clearly in- engine and this is in-game. Still the best thing we've seen thus far this gen by quite some margin.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Yeah, the first trailer was clearly in- engine and this is in-game. Still the best thing we've seen thus far this gen by quite some margin.
It's up there for sure, I hope the PC version will come close to the reveal trailer tho as my 409 is ready. I will definitively give it a try with Ubi+, just need to convince a friend haha.
But I'm more concerned about the gameplay, let's hope it's not Far Cry in Pandora.

hyperbertha

It's up there for sure, I hope the PC version will come close to the reveal trailer tho as my 409 is ready. I will definitively give it a try with Ubi+, just need to convince a friend haha.
But I'm more concerned about the gameplay, let's hope it's not Far Cry in Pandora.
If we're lucky, the pc version will look as good as this trailer.

Why is this game first person, surely there is more combat and gameplay potential being third person Wtf, unless of course it’s just a reskinned far cry game.

Nydius

Sweet I'll get it in January for half off.
Same. I'm interested in it, tempered expectations and all, but I'm probably still going to be neck deep in Starfield, Forza, and Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty in December. Not sure I'd have room for this, especially at full price. I'll wait and see what Ubisoft fuckery happens and then get it a couple months later after some patches and a price drop*.

* Unless the "it's digital only" rumor ends up being true, at which point we'll probably be waiting a while for a price drop.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Would be great if this was in 3rd person so we could see the main character and the animations. Then it wouldn't feel like playing as a human.

Last edited:

Alex11

It looks good, but yeah it's inevitable the comparison to Horizon FW, as both have the same tone, color palette, lush environments etc.
From what I'm seeing here, at least at the cloud system is below HFW graphically, not that it matters that much, just hope that the gameplay is different than the typical open world Ubi game.

BeardGawd

Banned
This game looks SOOOO GOOOD. Pandora is perfect for a video game. Love what I've seen so far and will definitely be there Day 1.

Top Bottom