• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axiom Verge |OT| Life's A Glitch

Any tips on the first boss of Mar-Uru? This shit seems impossible. There are bullets EVERYWHERE. I can't dodge them, much less dodge and shoot at the same time

PaulloDEC

Any tips on the first boss of Mar-Uru? This shit seems impossible. There are bullets EVERYWHERE. I can't dodge them, much less dodge and shoot at the same time

Hopefully someone will have some more specific tips for you, but just as a general note for the bosses later in the game, by the time I reached most of them I was so hopped up on health boost pickups that I could basically just stand by taking damage so long as I didn't stop firing. If you're finding yourself struggling with bosses, it might be worth taking some time to go hunting for extra powerups.

Hopefully someone will have some more specific tips for you, but just as a general note for the bosses later in the game, by the time I reached most of them I was so hopped up on health boost pickups that I could basically just stand by taking damage so long as I didn't stop firing. If you're finding yourself struggling with bosses, it might be worth taking some time to go hunting for extra powerups.

I swear to god I've looked everywhere I can, but I somehow only have 66% items.

heybrian

Neo Member
So I just had a glitch happen to me that I'm not entirely sure if it's intentional. I'll post it in spoilers to be safe, as to describe where I'm at I'll have to give story info. I'm also uploading a video which I'll post when it's finished uploading.

I'm at the part of the game after the main guy figures out he might be Athetos. I just got the suit that does a teleport in any direction, and found a lower area that I could get to with this with a red door opener to the left and a power cell to the right. I switched to the inertia gun and for some reason it shot through walls and was super huge on the screen. Is this a known glitch, and if so, what causes it?

Video Edit

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
So looking for a quick tip. Trying to get past one of those
green crawly fuckers that stick to you and suck your life as the remote drone
. I can't get past the fucker, can't dodge him and can't seem to kill him before he does me. Any ideas?

FZW

Anybody know how to get the health node at the place were you
meet the repaired version of Trace
in Ukkin-na ?

DeviantBoi

Just completed my first speed run: 2:46:59:10.

Nowhere near a good time, but I'm happy

I got four gold trophies: first speed run, low percentage of items, no deaths, and under 4 hours.

I think that Platinum trophy is attainable. I just need to finish it on hard and hack all of the enemies.

Just started this tonight. Coming off Bloodborne, it's a great change of pace. I love how it doesn't even make an attempt to not be Metroid. This is scratching an itch I've had since Zero Mission ten years ago.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Just started this tonight. Coming off Bloodborne, it's a great change of pace. I love how it doesn't even make an attempt to not be Metroid. This is scratching an itch I've had since Zero Mission ten years ago.

I thought it was pretty cleverly guided until I beat the third boss and turned on the pump. Now I'm trapped in two areas with no way out.

I'm either faced with impossible jumps or tunnels that seem to require a morph ball.

Chitown B

is there anything in the upper section of save rooms? Do i need to ocd drone teleport to both sides up there each time?

Nothing up there but you need to jump up for the map completion.

Have the flamethrower. Stand directly under and just shoot straight up continuously.

system11

Stand under him, jump directly up and shift around a bit to dodge the normal curved bullets, bullet sponge the others. The purple death yo-yo weapon makes really short work of the boss so you should have enough HP.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I thought it was pretty cleverly guided until I beat the third boss and turned on the pump. Now I'm trapped in two areas with no way out.

I'm either faced with impossible jumps or tunnels that seem to require a morph ball.

You never get trapped, the impossible jumps are supposed to be now.. they are telling you that you went the wrong way.

You have the glitch gun, try it on stuff.

Chitown B

Use the Kilver to take out the drones, and use the ice shards to rapid fire on the glass tv screen thing at the top. The kilver takes out the drones fast enough that you can usually replenish your health fairly quickly. If you don't have the shards yet, just use some other easy-to-fire weapon.

he said the first boss.

SerTapTap

Just jump over the purple shots while firing up and most will miss you, some minor left/right movements will be required. ONce it closes up, crouch in a corner...the wavey shots are basically RNG and I'm not sure they can be consistently dodged, but they rarely hit you in the lower corners. Weapon matters, I use the
tethered charge
but I'm unsure what's best.

Remember there's general boss/exploration tips in my spoiler free walkthrough. I cover most of the issues that have come up repeatedly in this thread.

Look in Kur. Look UP. Remember the item you got from that boss.

Anybody know how to get the health node at the place were you
meet the repaired version of Trace
in Ukkin-na ?

Look down.
There's a tunnel for the drone

So looking for a quick tip. Trying to get past one of those
green crawly fuckers that stick to you and suck your life as the remote drone
. I can't get past the fucker, can't dodge him and can't seem to kill him before he does me. Any ideas?

Try and run UNDER them as they jump (they always jump a bit up) and just keep running. Play it like a stealth section. You should be able to kill at least one with the laser, though your health in that section depends on your Power nodes.

Just completed my first speed run: 2:46:59:10.

Nowhere near a good time, but I'm happy

I got four gold trophies: first speed run, low percentage of items, no deaths, and under 4 hours.

I think that Platinum trophy is attainable. I just need to finish it on hard and hack all of the enemies.

Did you use the flamethrower? The trophies are easier than I thought, other than the glitch everything. Not sure I'll manage no deaths in my speedrun though I don't think I needed a separate run for low %

So I just had a glitch happen to me that I'm not entirely sure if it's intentional.

Yeah tom said he left the slightly-weird collision for some weapons in since it's fun and mostly harmless. Lets you get a few minor pickups early.

DeviantBoi

Did you use the flamethrower? The trophies are easier than I thought, other than the glitch everything. Not sure I'll manage no deaths in my speedrun though I don't think I needed a separate run for low %
Yes, I picked it up before going up against Sentinel. It didn't really help that much, to be honest.

It did help with the final boss, though. I stayed on the bottom left corner and hit the white thing with my regular gun. When the drones came to me, I switched to the flamethrower and wiped them out. I continued like that until it went down.

During my normal run, I just stayed underneath the final boss and used the flamethrower. However, the flames weren't long enough to hit the boss during the speedrun, so I had to go with that other tactic. I did not know about the glitch where you grappled in the top right corner.

I did die a bunch of times, but I quickly closed the application. The hornet boss was a bitch.

DeviantBoi

I'm gonna do the hard run next. Hopefully by the time I've finished there will be a guide with a list of all of the enemies.

When you're
hallucinating
, there are a couple of guys in cloaks that "eat you up and spit you out". Can you hack those? I don't think so. I never saw them anywhere else.

SerTapTap

I'm gonna do the hard run next. Hopefully by the time I've finished there will be a guide with a list of all of the enemies.

When you're
hallucinating
, there are a couple of guys in cloaks that "eat you up and spit you out". Can you hack those? I don't think so. I never saw them anywhere else.

No, none of the unique enemies to that event can be hacked, I tried.

Yes, I picked it up before going up against Sentinel. It didn't really help that much, to be honest.

It did help with the final boss, though. I stayed on the bottom left corner and hit the white thing with my regular gun. When the drones came to me, I switched to the flamethrower and wiped them out. I continued like that until it went down.

Final boss is why the flamethrower is useful.

Steroyd

Glitching some enemies turns them into forms that freak me out more than enemies in survival horrors, especially the ones that are rendered harmless and I can walk through. *shudders*

I also got lost after the third boss and eventually found the way forward on my own, it's been so long since a game did that to me (okay, okay Bloodborne, but the point still stands), I miss games where exploration rewarded you with progression. :').

SerTapTap

Glitching some enemies turns them into forms that freak me out more than enemies in survival horrors, especially the ones that are rendered harmless and I can walk through. *shudders*

I love that kind of stuff. Glitching is amazing. One of my favorites is when the enemy's color and behavior changes, or when it just turns into an entirely different, glitched enemy.

NervousXtian

Finally beat it, what an amazing amazing game. I dare say, that I enjoyed it better than most of the metroid games. There's certain things that this game does that are just so awesome, and things like the multitude of guns that aren't "needed" but let you just pick which you like. At first I wasn't digging the graphics, but they grew on me

Normal, 25:37 hours, 93% items, 94% map.. I died a lot.. 51 times. but I think a lot of those were when my kids were messing around playing.

That this was a one man project, just wow. Game of the Year for me so far... just a great game that's very well done... there's some flaws, minor quibbles along the way. The final boss sucks, and well.. the last part of the game felt rushed. Needed another 2 or 3 bosses in places where it seemed logical to have one but there wasn't.. and the fact that a few of the bosses really are throw-aways highlights that problem... but again.. minor issues of a really great game.

For the people getting lost, just check out sirtaptaps walkthrough and find where you need to go.. I find once you get past Kur, there's very few times you'll ever feel lost. I'm not entirely sure why everyone misses where to go next at that point, but it seems a common theme. Maybe it's because you have this huge area and there's really just one spot you need to go to.. but if you can't make the jump.. that means you're in the wrong place.

Chitown B

Try and run UNDER them as they jump (they always jump a bit up) and just keep running. Play it like a stealth section. You should be able to kill at least one with the laser, though your health in that section depends on your Power nodes.

You can also just run under their first jump and then stay still. They'll jump back and forth over you and you can just shoot your laser at one direction - they'll keep hitting it and then die.

Ocfej0z.jpg

How do I get this? I've drilled every single wall and tossed out a glitch bomb, and nothing.

Edit: Also, I got two pieces of health nodes by
killing a couple of glitched enemies. What the fuck? Does this happen in more than one room? Am I going to have to glitch and kill every single enemy in the game now?

Edit 2:

Guys, what am I doing wrong here? Why can't I get this thing
RDRq0Yw.jpg

What the fuck? This is the same room I'm in. Why does it look different?

SerTapTap

How do I get this? I've drilled every single wall and tossed out a glitch bomb, and nothing.

Edit: Also, I got two pieces of health nodes by
killing a couple of glitched enemies. What the fuck? Does this happen in more than one room? Am I going to have to glitch and kill every single enemy in the game now?

You need a passcode. You'll know it when you see it. Find other secrets first. Be warned it is ALSO in a pretty nasty hiding spot. Hint:
very late game area

Also no, there's really only one health node you get that way, the "extras" will disappear. ...you ARE supposed to glitch every enemy to see what it does, but
that's the only item that's dropped. Still, shame on you for not glitching everything, it's a vital part of combat and traversal

Finally beat it, what an amazing amazing game. I dare say, that I enjoyed it better than most of the metroid games. There's certain things that this game does that are just so awesome, and things like the multitude of guns that aren't "needed" but let you just pick which you like. At first I wasn't digging the graphics, but they grew on me

The guns being optional is really amazing. Collecting items feels so much more impactful. Even the damage/size/range nodes are great upgrades.

You need a passcode. You'll know it when you see it. Find other secrets first. Be warned it is ALSO in a pretty nasty hiding spot. Hint:
very late game area

Could you just tell me where? I've been trying to follow your map to find some of the leftover pickups and I just keep coming up to dead ends, and it's pissing me off.

SerTapTap

Could you just tell me where? I've been trying to follow your map to find some of the leftover pickups and I just keep coming up to dead ends, and it's pissing me off.

It's the one in
Mar Uru, right of Sentinel
. Explicit hint:
You need to glitch a purple robot to bring it into the room with 4 laser walls so it shoots the red orb. Then, under one of the tiles is a path you can dash to with a note. Just read the note and I'm sure you'll figure it out

And yeah, there are 4 passcode secrets that will look like dead ends, I only managed to find 1 of them on my own, though they should have been more obvious if I had noticed certain things. The passcodes are marked on the full-spoilers map, right by the areas they're needed.

It's the one in
Mar Uru, right of Sentinel
. Explicit hint:
You need to glitch a purple robot to bring it into the room with 4 laser walls so it shoots the red orb. Then, under one of the tiles is a path you can dash to with a note. Just read the note and I'm sure you'll figure it out

And yeah, there are 4 passcode secrets that will look like dead ends, I only managed to find 1 of them on my own, though they should have been more obvious if I had noticed certain things. The passcodes are marked on the full-spoilers map, right by the areas they're needed.

Jesus christ. That is the stupidest secret in any game ever. How the hell are you supposed to figure that out?

Put the code in while in the room.

If the code is already on your list, deactivate it and activate it again while in the room.

Thanks, but HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO FIGURE THAT OUT? Oh my god, that legitimately makes me angry.

Finding stuff through observation and finding places to use your new abilities? THAT'S fun. Finding stuff through obtuse bullshit like this? That's not fun at all.

I was loving this game until I got to the final area with all its annoying enemies and bullshit bosses, but I managed to make it to the final boss and win. I figured roaming the world and picking up things that I missed was going to be fun, but if the rest of them are hidden like this, I might not even bother.

SerTapTap

It's easy to stumble into the "first" code for the Quantum whatevergator gun (the code is found in the same room, and it makes the item-get sound when you input it in). But I'm not sure why the codes should only work in the room they activate in, it would be harmless but very helpful for them to just be passive. The code-blocked stuff is probably my least favorite stuff along with certain bosses. There's only 4 of them, but it's quite easy to find yourself stuck on at least one when going for 100% (I got stuck on 3 myself, though the flamethrower one makes me feel stupid--I DID have that note, I just thought it was nonsense)

I thought the final area was fine though. Just glitching enemies makes it quite possible, it's tense but there's lots of save rooms and it's really not a large map.

Jesus christ. That is the stupidest secret in any game ever. How the hell are you supposed to figure that out?

Just when screwing around I noticed the robots teleport into different rooms. You just have to be observant, though this particular chain is a bit too extreme. It's like three bits of being highly observant/thorough and if you find the weapon first you won't know there's more parts to it.

TedMilk

OK, I'm tearing my hair out over here. I have all items for all areas except Kur. I've checked every resource online many times and I don't know what I've missed.

I have all weapons and 27 notes. It says I have all health too, but could that be because I got some in a glitch world? Anyhow, I've followed sir tap taps map for Kur and spent hours trying to find what I've missed, to no avail. Are there screenshots of the item locations or does someone have a clue?

I did have the game crash on me twice so now I'm worried it's not counting something I already got.

SerTapTap

Thanks to @Draknoire on twitter there is a list of enemies to glitch...with...slightly obtuse names. I don't really want to go through and screenshot every enemy but I guess I'll try and grab a shot of each I glitch when I go for this and see if I feel like editing something together later.

I think the only missable ones are
from the hornet boss

edit: Also it appears to be "glitch all IN ONE RUN" as I feared. Wish games wouldn't do that.

OK, I'm tearing my hair out over here. I have all items for all areas except Kur. I've checked every resource online many times and I don't know what I've missed.

I have all weapons and 27 notes. It says I have all health too, but could that be because I got some in a glitch world? Anyhow, I've followed sir tap taps map for Kur and spent hours trying to find what I've missed, to no avail. Are there screenshots of the item locations or does someone have a clue?

I did have the game crash on me twice so now I'm worried it's not counting something I already got.

Trophies ignore the secret worlds. I think there might be a health node directly above the scorpion boss I missed, but it should have been hilariously obvious. There also might be TWO nodes above the
grapple
instead of one

TedMilk

I think there ARE two nodes above the grapple, because I got them. The one you try to reach with the crumbling floor next to it, and one in the ceiling above it.

Also can't find anything in the boss room ceiling, or the rooms directly anove it.

SerTapTap

I think there ARE two nodes above the grapple, because I got them. The one you try to reach with the crumbling floor next to it, and one in the ceiling above it.

Also can't find anything in the boss room ceiling, or the rooms directly anove it.

Did you get the one at the top left cliff in the middle "big room" in upper Kur? I transposed a power node into the lower room or something...but there's one on top of a cliff around there somewhere. I still need to fix that

TedMilk

Sure did. Scoured the left hand side of all the big rooms while I was at it. Even managed to get to that top left corner that requires a crazy accurate jump but yielda nothing!

NervousXtian

The guns being optional is really amazing. Collecting items feels so much more impactful. Even the damage/size/range nodes are great upgrades.

I also love how they aren't needed either, the inclusion of them as just extras is awesome. The fact some stuff is hidden super well, while being unnecessary to complete the game.. that's what makes it so great.

Honestly, nothing you need to do to beat the game is completely vague, other than maybe where everyone is stuck on Kur.. but even then.. if you explore you'll figure it out.. but yeah the game doesn't scream in your race "Glitch gun shit to proceed" other than the gates.. so that might be the one failing.. the glitch water to get up higher isn't explained at all.. nor is it completely logical..

Thanks, but HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO FIGURE THAT OUT? Oh my god, that legitimately makes me angry.

Finding stuff through observation and finding places to use your new abilities? THAT'S fun. Finding stuff through obtuse bullshit like this? That's not fun at all.

I was loving this game until I got to the final area with all its annoying enemies and bullshit bosses, but I managed to make it to the final boss and win. I figured roaming the world and picking up things that I missed was going to be fun, but if the rest of them are hidden like this, I might not even bother.

None of it is needed though.. the passcode stuff are secrets.. secrets in games like this are fun.. the fact there's still shit to be discovered is awesome. The passcodes though, there's ways to find why they are what they are if you really look.

Number45

:)

Not a huge fan of the last section. I'm probably missing something painfully obvious but that last boss was just a war of attrition for me.

I'm going to give Bloodborne some love and see if I feel like coming back to this and trying for 100%. I'm not convinced I enjoy the level of obscurity here enough to warrant all the backtracking to find new items and areas, and the thought of a no death run with some of those bosses fills me with terror.

I've enjoyed it overall however, and am more than happy with the investment.

Maffis

I need help. I'm in E-kur-mah and there's a bit of the map I can't reach. I've looked on youtube and this dude's map was completely different than what mine is. I have no idea what I'm missing. It's the bit where you find the weapon here.

DeviantBoi

Two bosses in on my hard play through. Not bad, so far. I know the tactics to use with most enemies.

I'm hacking everything I see this time. I'm also keeping a list on my iPad while I play. Hopefully I won't miss anything. I'll share after I'm done. Maybe early next week.

Maffis

I need help. I'm in E-kur-mah and there's a bit of the map I can't reach. I've looked on youtube and this dude's map was completely different than what mine is. I have no idea what I'm missing. It's the bit where you find the weapon here.

ok apparently you need passcodes for this. but i cant use them? theres no button for inputting them. its supposed to be in the notes-screen. i guess im missing an item?

edit: yeah its an item i miss. lol

None of it is needed though.. the passcode stuff are secrets.. secrets in games like this are fun.. the fact there's still shit to be discovered is awesome. The passcodes though, there's ways to find why they are what they are if you really look.

It is needed, though, to get 100%. And collecting all the items is half the fun of this kind of game. Only they seem to have found a way to make it not fun in this game.

Obtuse bullshit secrets that don't have any impact on your completion percentage? Yeah, sure, go for it. But don't make it nearly impossible to get 100% without help.

I've been following TapTap's map, and every single room I've visited that's on his map and not mine is blocked off in some way, and I can't figure out why. It doesn't matter where I drill or what I try to glitch. It's infuriating.

Whelp, the fourth boss is kicking my ass. It seems nearly impossible to hit him, from the front anyways. I think I'm gonna go back and explore previous areas and see what I can find. Loving the game so far.

So I played a bit after I beat Bloodborne (and before I went back) but my main issue was having to mash the button to fire every single time instead of just hold it down. WTB a Turbo.

Chitown B

It is needed, though, to get 100%. And collecting all the items is half the fun of this kind of game. Only they seem to have found a way to make it not fun in this game.

Obtuse bullshit secrets that don't have any impact on your completion percentage? Yeah, sure, go for it. But don't make it nearly impossible to get 100% without help.

I've been following TapTap's map, and every single room I've visited that's on his map and not mine is blocked off in some way, and I can't figure out why. It doesn't matter where I drill or what I try to glitch. It's infuriating.

most hidden rooms can be easily gotten into except the password ones. Just takes some thinking.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Just jump over the purple shots while firing up and most will miss you, some minor left/right movements will be required. ONce it closes up, crouch in a corner...the wavey shots are basically RNG and I'm not sure they can be consistently dodged, but they rarely hit you in the lower corners. Weapon matters, I use the
tethered charge
but I'm unsure what's best.

Remember there's general boss/exploration tips in my spoiler free walkthrough. I cover most of the issues that have come up repeatedly in this thread.

Look in Kur. Look UP. Remember the item you got from that boss.

Look down.
There's a tunnel for the drone

Yeah tom said he left the slightly-weird collision for some weapons in since it's fun and mostly harmless. Lets you get a few minor pickups early.

Yeah managed to dodge em, seems they will just keep jumping back n forth and you can hit their bellies.

Top Bottom