• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

eshwaaz

AwesomeSauce said:
And buying Uncharted, I'm sure will also come with a 20$ coupon. Its a never ending cycle lol.
I started buying all of my games at K-Mart a few months ago. Their gaming coupon deals are so good, I can't think of any reason to buy anywhere else. Too bad they're not doing well - enjoy it while it lasts!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
New villain confirmed by the community manager Sarah Wellock.

Rocksteady's very own SarahMay recently confirmed Black Mask will, in fact, be present in Arkham City in a recent Q&A on the recently announced Robin pre-order bonus/DLC.

What does Black Mask's Hideout mean?
Black Mask has a presence in Arkham City

It's not a big surprise but yeah.

Doomrider

Sn4ke_911 said:
New villain confirmed by the community manager Sarah Wellock.

Rocksteady's very own SarahMay recently confirmed Black Mask will, in fact, be present in Arkham City in a recent Q&A on the recently announced Robin pre-order bonus/DLC.

What does Black Mask's Hideout mean?
Black Mask has a presence in Arkham City

It's not a big surprise but yeah.

If I'm not mistaken, that was confirmed a few months ago already. Still, cool beans. He appears very briefly in the first trailer.

Messi

that gamesmaster review, that claims to be spoiler free....is not spoiler free. going as far as explaining how one of the boss's are fought. ugh. also a few pictures id rather not have seen.

Carbonox

Preordered the Catwoman Steelbook off Amazon for 38 quid. Actually pretty decent price. Also comes with the Earth One skin. Which one is that? The Fatman? If so, son I am disappoint.

Doomrider

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
Preordered the Catwoman Steelbook off Amazon for 38 quid. Actually pretty decent price. Also comes with the Earth One skin. Which one is that? The Fatman? If so, son I am disappoint.

nkTma.jpg

The one in the middle. Fatman is from TDKR.

Preordered at Best Buy, will get my copy, the stupid Robin DLC and hopefully pick up Year One Blu-ray too. 18th can't come soon enough.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Carbonox_Ratchet said:

batman-earth-one--article_image.jpg

I really can't wait to see the TAS one in motion.

hlhbk

I already have Arkham City added to my Steam account due to the Nvidia deal, but this being my most anticpated game for 2 years I was soft and also preordered it on 360 at gamestop tonight.

lucius

I still waiting for an Amazon deal for this game to pop up. If not I guess I will pick it up at Wallmart or Gamestop.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
lucius said:
I still waiting for an Amazon deal for this game to pop up. If not I guess I will pick it up at Wallmart or Gamestop.
Newegg shipping this to me for $47 flat, Im pretty happy lol

Mikeside

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I'm a shitty poet, but perhaps I should do a dramatic reading of someone else's poem. They are awesome.

Try writing something anyway - even a bad poem with a good reading will be awesome.
Especially if you read it in a batman voice!

Seriously, we need more entries people. I only have 6 in my inbox.

bengraven

This is going to be the best comic book game ever.

I'm glad the brother-in-law has this preordered for PS3 because the wait until November was going to be painful.

Varth

DrBo42 said:
They put the counter icons in hard difficulty? Why? That was part of what made that difficulty worth playing.

It's still pleasantly challenging if you try to play it for maximum bonus, don't worry (even for one who finished all the callenge maps in AA). But yeah, it surprised me too. Really hope they would patch in a separate setting for that to maximise immersion in the game.

Vire

Varth said:
It's still pleasantly challenging if you try to play it for maximum bonus, don't worry (even for one who finished all the callenge maps in AA). But yeah, it surprised me too. Really hope they would patch in a separate setting for that to maximise immersion in the game.
New Game+ doesn't have counter icons.

Varth

Vire said:
New Game+ doesn't have counter icons.

Yep, I know. Just saying that I wish people could choose to play this the first time with no icons on the level they want to, even if I undestand the concept of wanting people to enjoy the story the first time and the challenge for the second playtrough.

IamMikeside said:
Try writing something anyway - even a bad poem with a good reading will be awesome.
Especially if you read it in a batman voice!

Seriously, we need more entries people. I only have 6 in my inbox.

When is the due date for this?

PaulLFC

Here's a screenshot of the PC 'Early Access' entry in the Steam registry. Hopefully we get more info on this soon:

bNDOa.png

augmental

Having looked over the collector edition again I am thinking of just going regular edition and getting the Arkham City comic hardcover that also comes out the 18th. The Amazon preorder 'gift' is pretty worthless now that the hardcover is coming and will include the digital minis.

Doomrider said:
Yeah, that's the one. The poor dude.

Tyger=League of Assassins? =O

Bet on it. Maybe.
I'm thinking probably not... The first Arkham City prequel digital comic showed how Strange screens, recruits, and indoctrinates Tyger guard soldiers individually in order to build his own private army. For example, the one showed in the comic was an ex-Navy SEAL.

omnomis said:
Is the Batman Beyond suit a preorder bonus somewhere, or paid DLC?

It's in the first post. Apparently it will become DLC after a while.

BATMAN BEYOND SKIN

UK - GAMESTOP
GERMANY - MULLER GE PLAYART AUSTRIA
FRANCE - AUCHAN
ITALY - OPENGAMES
AUSTRALIA - GAME
MEXICO - GAMERS RETAIL

Nori Chan

I would totally want the steel case edition.

I'm on the verge of getting the collector's edition. But I really don't want the statue.

DMczaf

PaulLFC said:
Here's a screenshot of the PC 'Early Access' entry in the Steam registry. Hopefully we get more info on this soon:

bNDOa.png

I wonder if this has to do with the free Arkham City Steam codes from Nvidia. My card says the game will be available for download on October 18th.

PaulLFC

DMczaf said:
I wonder if this has to do with the free Arkham City Steam codes from Nvidia. My card says the game will be available for download on October 18th.
Since I got a code from IamMikeside, all I can say to this is, I hope so! Just checked my nvidia email, mine says October 21st, which being a Friday would be the day games are usually released over here. Same for the 18th being a Tuesday if you're in the US? Sounds promising for this theory anyway!

Derrick01

Banned
DMczaf said:

That was likely manufactured before they decided to delay the PC version, though who knows for sure?

Out of all these shitty preorder bonuses getting the game early by preordering the steam version would be the best one :p

LordAlu

Not mentioned in the OP, but Robin is available in the UK if you pre-order from GAME or Gamestation.

Double dipping on this game myself - already have the PC one one my list on Steam thanks to purchasing a 560Ti, and will be picking up the 360 one too :)

Doomrider

The Nature Roy said:
I'm thinking probably not... The first Arkham City prequel digital comic showed how Strange screens, recruits, and indoctrinates Tyger guard soldiers individually in order to build his own private army. For example, the one showed in the comic was an ex-Navy SEAL.

I see... I haven't read the comics yet (waiting for the collected edition), so thanks for the info!

Top Bottom