• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
If we're gonna talk about the game reviews could we please spoiler why we're disappointed or excited. I don't want to hear how the bosses sucks or something is badass. I mean, I know it sounds overly sensitive but not all of us want to know every detail prior to playing.

Pranay

LiquidMetal14 said:
If we're gonna talk about the game reviews could we please spoiler why we're disappointed or excited. I don't want to hear how the bosses sucks or something is badass. I mean, I know it sounds overly sensitive but not all of us want to know every detail prior to playing.

I agree.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Decided to go with the PC version. Bought a code off of eBay this morning for $29.99. Already activated on Steam. Now, I need to finish Deus Ex and Dark Souls....and Uncharted 3.....and the backlog......I am weak.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
DenogginizerOS said:
Decided to go with the PC version. Bought a code off of eBay this morning for $29.99. Already activated on Steam. Now, I need to finish Deus Ex and Dark Souls....and Uncharted 3.....and the backlog......I am weak.

I jumped out..not because the delay but after the horrible Deus Ex and Rage PC ports I cancelled my PC pre order of Arkham City and pre ordered the 360 version from amazon since I feel it will be the bad port or something ( I just can't trust any devs with PC version not being the lead platform anymore) yeah being a pc gamer just sucks lately.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Totobeni said:
I jumped out..not because the delay but after the horrible Deus Ex and Rage PC ports I cancelled my PC pre order of Arkham City and pre ordered the 360 version from amazon since I feel it will be the bad port or something ( I just can't trust any devs with PC version not being the lead platform anymore) yeah being a pc gamer just sucks lately.

You know that Arkham Asylum's PC port is one of the best right?

Mikeside

Hello one and all!
As promised, I'm going to run a competition for a free copy of Batman Arkham City on PC.
The winner will receive a GeForce code which they can redeem to get a full Steam pre-order of Batman: Arkham City.

Anyone wanting to win the code needs to post an awesome (original) poem about Batman.
Bonus points will be awarded if you fit some variation of the line "I'm the goddamn Batman" into your poem, if you post an audio clip of yourself (or a loved one) doing a dramatic reading of your poem and if you absolutely promise not to sell your Arkham City key on eBay for $3000.

You have until 6pm BST on Monday to PM your entry to both myself and Vire.
Each of us will be picking our favourite 5 entries and deciding on a winner between us from those, so for double the chance, make sure to PM us both.

Good luck to all.

Yaska

neojubei said:
The Arkham City album is on spotify if anyone wants to listen to it.
Mind to throw a HTTP link to it as well, so the OP can add it to the OP?

Deep in the night I glide
Punching the bad guys that hide
Thinking "I'm the goddamn Batman"

Sometimes I may stop,
For a black cat crosses the street before me
The thieving cat that steals

Jokes might be on me
But I know for sure that I'm no Joker
Laughter can still as abruptly as it begins.

Penguins might be majestic
Penguins have weakness
Batman's FIST.

Vire

IamMikeside said:
Hello one and all!
As promised, I'm going to run a competition for a free copy of Batman Arkham City on PC.
The winner will receive a GeForce code which they can redeem to get a full Steam pre-order of Batman: Arkham City.

Anyone wanting to win the code needs to post an awesome (original) poem about Batman.
Bonus points will be awarded if you fit some variation of the line "I'm the goddamn Batman" into your poem, if you post an audio clip of yourself (or a loved one) doing a dramatic reading of your poem and if you absolutely promise not to sell your Arkham City key on eBay for $3000.

Each of us will be picking our favourite 5 entries and deciding on a winner between us from those, so for double the chance, make sure to PM us both.

Good luck to all.
Fantastic! Let's see it guys, make me laugh. :)

I'll be adding a blurb to the OP about this.

Be sure to post it in the thread itself as well.

In the dark of the night
I'm a shadow
I'm a silent killer
I'm the goddamn Batman

When you're roaming the streets
Raping unsuspecting victims
I am above you
Watching your every move
Because
I'm the goddamn Batman

Take one last breath
Take one last look
Take one last attempt
But Don't blink
Because
You're already dead

O'Doyle Rules!

Shurs

LiquidMetal14 said:
If you're that sensitive to "spoilers," why even hang out in the thread?

IamMikeside said:
Hello one and all!

Good luck to all.

i loled hard on this one ^^ DOTA GAF represent!

on topic. Does anyobody know if its absolutely usefull to have finished arkham asylum to enjoy this game? i am half way through AA but i dont have time to finish it in the next few weeks :/

Yaska

RaGMasTeR90 said:
i loled hard on this one ^^ DOTA GAF represent!

on topic. Does anyobody know if its absolutely usefull to have finished arkham asylum to enjoy this game? i am half way through AA but i dont have time to finish it in the next few weeks :/
Well it explains few things, but don't think it's necessary. Really recommend to go through it tho. It's a great game!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Vire said:
Okay added banner to the OP about contest. Let's see how creative GAF is!
Or lets see how good GAF is using copy & paste :p i mean have you seen all the Batman poems around the internet? :p

Vire

Sn4ke_911 said:
Or lets see how good GAF is using copy & paste :p i mean have you seen all the Batman poems around the internet? :p
I would hope you all would have the common decency not to do that.

Any cheaters will get a swift kick in the butt.

Totobeni said:
As someone else mentioned, the PC version of Arkham Asylum is awesome. I played the 360 version first and then played it on PC after building a new rig and there was absolutely no way I could go for to the 360 version of Arkham City after that...

augmental

Gonna be Batman for Halloween confirmed! Preordered the Amazon collector edition because it has the comic. Is the Robin stuff going to be DLC at some point?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Shurs said:
If you're that sensitive to "spoilers," why even hang out in the thread?
I don't expect any details to be given in a non spoiler thread. I mean not everything has to be dissected pre release.

Mikeside

Sn4ke_911 said:

I'll be using Google-Fu© and my own Batman Detective Skillz™ to check stuff like this :p

DMPrince said:
well i'm gonna have to go write a new one then since mine is all in the public.

You can pm me the same one - it's just so it's easier for me to look through and decide on my favourites :)

Vire

DMPrince said:
well i'm gonna have to go write a new one then since mine is all in the public.
Don't worry about it, it's better for everyone to see it and enjoy them.

I actually encourage people to post in them in the thread as well.

zlatko sent me this earlier:

zlatko said:
There is a place where the Joker ends
And before the Boy wonder begins,
And there the grass grows soft and white,
And there the sun burns crimson bright,
And there the caped crusader rests from his flight
To cool in the Gotham wind.

Let us leave this place where the smoke blows black
And the dark street winds and bends.
Past the pits where the Poison Ivy flowers grow
We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And watch where the bright white Signal beams go
To the place where the Catwoman ends.

Yes we'll walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And we'll go where the bright white signal beams go,
For the villains, they mark, and the villains, they know
The place where the goddaman Batman begins.

Orgun

Holy shit, I just watched that Joker video in tr OP for the first time (frst trailer I've watched) and wow - goosebumps. Shame I have to wait I'll next year to play it

Just another October night in Gotham
The bats rising up from the bottom
I look up to the sky and what do I see
A bat-signal looking back at me
What is it this time I wonder
Another Joker or Riddle to make me ponder

The cries for help from humanity
Have brought me to the brink of insanity
Arkham, when will you accept my plea
Please, enclose me in your twisted city

Totobeni said:

problem with the Deus Ex PC version? what are you talking about?

Goddamn batman, that’s what I am
Bitches be crazy if they think I can’t
Take down the Joker and his henchmen
Take down Two Face with my batarang
Take down the Penguin with a slice of ham

Yeah that’s right, ham, cause penguins eat fish
And ham is my favorite dish
Not really but you get my point
Rhyming is not my strongest ability
But I don’t disappoint
In my virility

This city is rotten
This city is dying
This city is burning
But it ain’t forgotten

I’m going to save it
Because that’s what’s right
I’m the goddamn Batman
It’s time to fight.

Just a bit of fun, I'm bored.

Vol5

OK, nerd question incoming.

The game uses unreal engine and I've seen significant light shards / god rays in the clips. All the vids I've seen so far are from the 360 version and I know that effects was not present in PS3 Bulletstorm that uses said engine...so I guess I'm just wondering if they will be there and present in the PS3 version. While it's not a deal breaker, I'd be a little disappointed if they were absent. Obviously, it adds shit all to the gameplay but can add a bucket load of character to the game world.

Anyone with a PS3 review copy who can confirm the above?

Vire

In the spirit of Kanye West:

I am the greatest of them all
I thomp the goons faces until they fall

I'm glidin' places and smashing faces
It's a shame I'm delayed for the master races

I'm the illest motherfucker alive
You wish you had a car as nice as I do to drive

I am the Dark Knight
I swoop around town and I'm ready to fight

I am the Godamn Batman.

Mifune

Mehmber
I've been enjoying the fuck out of Arkham Asylum the last week or so. First time playing through, and I'm kicking myself for not getting into it sooner. One question, though: the game says I'm 39% of the way through it. Is that a total completion percentage or a story mission completion percentage? I'm hoping for the latter.

Arkham City just sounds amazing based on that Qore video.

W Hudson

Mifune said:
I've been enjoying the fuck out of Arkham Asylum the last week or so. First time playing through, and I'm kicking myself for not getting into it sooner. One question, though: the game says I'm 39% of the way through it. Is that a total completion percentage or a story mission completion percentage? I'm hoping for the latter.

Arkham City just sounds amazing based on that Qore video.

Total completion. Sorry.

Pavaloo

Vol5 said:
OK, nerd question incoming.

The game uses unreal engine and I've seen significant light shards / god rays in the clips. All the vids I've seen so far are from the 360 version and I know that effects was not present in PS3 Bulletstorm that uses said engine...so I guess I'm just wondering if they will be there and present in the PS3 version. While it's not a deal breaker, I'd be a little disappointed if they were absent. Obviously, it adds shit all to the gameplay but can add a bucket load of character to the game world.

Anyone with a PS3 review copy who can confirm the above?

They should definitely be in the PS3 version as well. The reason all that is in the videos for Batman and not the PS3 copy of Bulletstorm is because Batman is using the most updated version of the unreal engine.

Pimpbaa

Totobeni said:
I jumped out..not because the delay but after the horrible Deus Ex and Rage PC ports

What the hell are you talking about? Deus Ex HR had minor issues that have been fixed and is now the definitive version also Rage's issues were mostly driver related.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
GraveRobberX said:
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?, My foe said to me
Laughing on the outside, his smile just skin deep
If you could see inside him, he really is crying,
With such sadness you might join him for a weep
I'm the Goddamn Batman, I don't fall for his tricks
BAM!, POW! WHOMP! go my fists
He lays fallen, screaming "HAHAHA, this isn't over by any means"
But the laughter stops, due to my reply,
"Dick Butt!"

My darkest nights, always bring the brightest days
Time to prepare, makes villians scared
My rogues gallery puts others to shame
Even Superman believes, DC is to blame
I go through sidekicks like Prince changes his name
If this continues, what about my fame as Bruce Wayne

Gotham, my city, it sleeps peacefully
Because no crime can escape me
I will protect it from all hostilities, this I swear!
I am vengeance,
I am the night
I am Batman!, so remember the name

I tried LOL

Jarlaxle

Catwoman, friend or foe?
All I know is my eyes are lookin’ low
Did she just try and make a pass?
What I wouldn’t give for a shot at dat ass

Joker’s always clownin’ around
I’d love to take Harley to town
I know she’s a bit of a nutcase
But I’m sure I could put a smile on that face

Poison Ivy’s lookin’ quite fine
Her hair smells full of pine
She’s got a special kind of love for plants
Can’t wait to see her expression when I take off my pants.

My baby mama’s Talia Al Ghul
She knows how much I fuckin’ rule
Dressed all in black head to toe
I’ll be making people reap what they sow

It’s that time of night
Time to get loose and time to fight
I’m lookin’ for some ladies to be my fan
‘Cause y’all know I’m the Goddamn Batman!

Vire

Jarlaxle said:
Catwoman, friend or foe?
All I know is my eyes are lookin’ low
Did she just try and make a pass?
What I wouldn’t give for a shot at dat ass

Joker’s always clownin’ around
I’d love to take Harley to town
I know she’s a bit of a nutcase
But I’m sure I could put a smile on that face

Poison Ivy’s lookin’ quite fine
Her hair smells full of pine
She’s got a special kind of love for plants
Can’t wait to see her expression when I take off my pants.

My baby mama’s Talia Al Ghul
She knows how much I fuckin’ rule
Dressed all in black head to toe
I’ll be making people reap what they sow

It’s that time of night
Time to get loose and time to fight
I’m lookin’ for some ladies to be my fan
‘Cause y’all know I’m the Goddamn Batman!
Haha oh my god...

One of the best yet.

Marco1

Pimpbaa said:
What the hell are you talking about? Deus Ex HR had minor issues that have been fixed and is now the definitive version also Rage's issues were mostly driver related.
It's not, PC version still has annoying stutter in the city hubs.

childplease.png

This game is gonna be so dope it's disgusting

Top Bottom