• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2042 may go Free to Play

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Sad thing is the game is so shit that not even free to play would help it.

cormack12

Gold Member
I imagine it will juat be portal or something. What lessons will they take from this though? Maybe make a battlefield game for battlefield fans

Sybrix

It had to go F2P if they want it to survive.

F2P would bring in 1000s more players, many of which would purchase the cosmetics.

EA would need to give the OG paying players a stash of i game items, do boosts, skins etc

Yaaaay, finally I can try out this game. Did you think I was going to spend upwards of $70 to demo/try out your broken ass game?

Last edited:

RaptorGTA

I really thought this game would have had some F2P element to counter Warzone. nope

Making F2P is going to be more negative press, IDK how they could release a new BF in the future and still charge it as a full price with this track record.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Pfff, this is the first BF I've bought since BF4 cause I had friends wanting to jump on it . . . what a big F you if this happens.

The game in the state it is in is already a big fuck you

Those guys entering every BF2042 thread saying the game is doing great and all the negativity is just vocal minority haters are probably on life support right about now.

Oh don't worry, they're paid well to contort logic to the extremes to defend this steaming pile. Remember, a scoreboard is an amazingly difficult feat of programming.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Put it on EAPlay pray people spend on DLC noisily make the game 20 bucks........few months later during a big content drop quietly make it free like BF1 and BF4.

Klik

What they need to do is:

1.Make refund available to all people that purchased the game from 20 Nov to 20 Dec(+preorders)

2. Check if there's some sort of gas leak in their office because they are wildly out of touch with reality

3.Make a game Free2Play and give access to community to be able to mod because obviously they can do better than actual devs

4.Fire UI design team and many of their staff that worked on BF2042.

5.Start making new Battlefield with devs that actually have passion for Battlefield game

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sales must had tanked so hard lately, it's time to F2P model it.

I dont think the typical gamer cares if a game goes F2P or EA Play way down the road (EA games are about 9 months later on EA Play), but if they pull the trigger soon on F2P thats half the time.

HTK

Banned
I was so disappointed by BF2042 and DICE that I'll take a hard pass even if it's free. Sorry not sorry.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I dont think dice survives this tbh
You say that as if DICE is still DICE?
Most of the real talent left a long time ago.
But whats left of the leadership is almost certainly fucked and the next Battlefield game will be handled by Ripple Effect.

So basically we have to wait and see how well EA can salvage Battlefield 2042 and let Ripple Effect do Battlefield Next.

RafterXL

How can that be? There are multiple people on this site claiming BF2042 is just like all the other Battlefields and didn't deserve the hate. Nothing to see here, right? I wonder how these delusional people will spin this news?

Anyway, I wouldn't play this shit for free. In fact I've still got time left on my 10 hour trial that I'll never use. This trash ass game is easily the worst BF ever made and I feel sorry for anyone who paid for it.

Top Bottom