• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Berserk not getting a proper anime adaptation past the 1st Act is genuinely depressing.

I still can't believe that manga like One Piece, Full Metal Alchemist, JoJo's Bizarre Adventures, Captain Tsubasa, Hunter x Hunter, Gintama, and several long running series have been adapted beautifully and faithfully.

Why the heck is it so hard for a studio like Mad House or Wit Studio to adapt arguably the greatest manga ever published? Is there something I don't know?

What do you mean that CG show was great especially when they added the nipples

tenor.gif

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Yeah I don't really read manga I was hel!a blown there wasn't more episodes after watching the 1st season but it's like super violent and it's harder to make money on that than shows for a younger audience maybe if they put it on like HBO it'd have a better chance

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Watching blade of the immortal right now and loving it while wishing Berserk could be made with the same quality.
Which one the Bee Train one or LIDENFILMS?

At this current state in the anime industry I'd rather Berserk not get touched again. Studio 4C used the films for their 3D division to flex a little bit and it ended up BAD, then the LIDENFILMS version came out and was even WORSE than what Studio 4C put out. At least when normally animated the Golden Age movies looked decent but cut content and also glossed over things. (ANIME WYLD WHEN? WHAT'S THE MATTER, AFRAID OF RAPE APE?)

The best bet is MAPPA but then they promise things and can't match expectations. Let it go homie, read the manga to Susumu Hirasawa's music which he hasn't done a full OST for since the OG series which is also depressing...

SirTerry-T

Watching blade of the immortal right now and loving it while wishing Berserk could be made with the same quality.
I really enjoyed Blade Of The Immortal's recent adaptation. Sure there were moments of cost cutting here and there but the art and general shot direction were great. Good stuff.

mr.dilya

Banned
Which one the Bee Train one or LIDENFILMS?

At this current state in the anime industry I'd rather Berserk not get touched again. Studio 4C used the films for their 3D division to flex a little bit and it ended up BAD, then the LIDENFILMS version came out and was even WORSE than what Studio 4C put out. At least when normally animated the Golden Age movies looked decent but cut content and also glossed over things. (ANIME WYLD WHEN? WHAT'S THE MATTER, AFRAID OF RAPE APE?)

The best bet is MAPPA but then they promise things and can't match expectations. Let it go homie, read the manga to Susumu Hirasawa's music which he hasn't done a full OST for since the OG series which is also depressing...

The newest one on Amazon prime. They really hit it out of the ballpark in the animation dept imo.

And yeah I've kinda given up on hoping for a Berserk anime that will actually do it justice. It's OK I'm at peace with it, I just get reminded sometimes and it sucks.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Pisses me off to this day......TO THIS DAY insertdeontaywilder.gif

Give the IP to a capable company and shit would be a banger.

Mistake

I feel the same about Trigun. The anime wasn’t bad, but it doesn’t hold anything to the Manga.

I gave up on Berserk though. It’s just too slow and won’t finish

OMG...ahahah

is that real.

Thats worse than the cgi shows from the late 90's and early 2000's.

Yes, it's real. The recent Berserk shows have some of the worst production values I've seen in contemporary anime. Even the sound effects are awful - they gave the Dragonslayer a sound effect of pans clanging together whenever it hits something, regardless of what it hits. So when Guts is cutting up skeletons, you hear a constant clanging like a kitchen pantry collapsed. It's atrocious.

Top Bottom