• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne PC Release Is In The Works – Rumor

longdi

Banned
Isn't blood borne this gen game? Talk about a remaster, lol?

So this is the game bluepoint was hyping.. isnt the design current gen too? What about the new 'i/o experience'?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
motherofgod.jpg

Holy shit

Degree

Banned

So this is the game bluepoint was hyping.. isnt the design current gen too? What about the new 'i/o experience'?

yeah. And then it’s only 60fps. 120fps would be great. But 60 FPS? Meh.

It happens though, lots of last-gen classics get remastered/up-rez'd port for this gen. BB would be great considering the frame pacing issues and whatnot. Eliminate most of the loading times, increase the resolution/textures/AA, better FPS. Win win.

Saber

Gold Member
I find it disappointing that instead of BloodBorne 2 they are giving us a BloodBorne Remaster...

Frankly I find this way better. Bloodborne is perfect the way it is. Just put it on the same level of visuals/performance we have nowadays and the game becomes god level. I have my doubts about a sequel, because they would end up making it ala "Sekiro".

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
It happens though, lots of last-gen classics get remastered/up-rez'd port for this gen. BB would be great considering the frame pacing issues and whatnot. Eliminate most of the loading times, increase the resolution/textures/AA, better FPS. Win win.
So its just a typical pc port, not remaster? I thought the remaster term is for bigger changes like RE.
By right, Sony should then make it free on PS5 , ala smart delivery

Uzupedro

If anyone who has the game on PS4 receives the Patch for PS5 I would be very happy. Let's play together PC friends :p

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Gonna grab this on Steam. Nice. Kinda shitty though if this if Bluepoints big severer project.

Last edited:

Holammer

Would vastly prefer a sequel

Want a Bloodborne sequel? This is how you get a sequel.
From Software profits poorly from developing for a single platform and they don't need to do filthy degrading second party development anymore after they struck it rich with Dark Souls.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So its just a typical pc port, not remaster? I thought the remaster term is for bigger changes like RE.

RE is a remake, not a remaster. And secondly new textures and models is hardly a typical pcuck port lol

Mustards are getting a premium game from a premium remaster dev and this is how they react. This is why it takes 5 years to come to PC. Hopefully its Epic exclusive.

mortal

I find it disappointing that instead of BloodBorne 2 they are giving us a BloodBorne Remaster...
Think about it, dude.

Bloodborne 2 is more than likely in the cards if Sony is going out of their way to remaster it for not only PS5, but PC as well.
The latter of which will expand the audience even more. They are aware there is interest for the IP.

Sony owns the rights, so the fact they're taking initiative is a good sign. FromSoftware are deep into production for Elden Ring, although it's reasonable to assume they have a skeleton crew working on preproduction for Bloodborne 2. At least, that's how I see it.

Last edited:

Degree

Banned

They did the same with PS3 last of us to PS4.
It’s easy and fast money.
The difference now is that’s coming to PC too and not just Sony’s nextgen console.
Sony is shifting strategies. They are also going now for the PC crowd.
I think they will release their games on the epic games store, hence all the marketing talk from Sweeney.

Degree

Banned
Think about it, dude.

Bloodborne 2 is more than likely in the cards if Sony is going out of their way to remaster it for not only PS5, but PC as well.
The latter of which will expand the audience even more. They are aware there is interest for the IP.

Sony owns the rights, so the fact they're taking initiative is a good sign. FromSoftware are deep into production for Elden Ring, although it's reasonable to assume they have a skeleton crew working on preproduction for Bloodborne 2. At least, that's how I see it.

no. Not from from software. They already said that’s it not on their plan.
It’s going to be like Demons Soul. A one time thing.

Senua

Gold Member
RE is a remake, not a remaster. And secondly new textures and models is hardly a typical pcuck port lol

Mustards are getting a premium game from a premium remaster dev and this is how they react. This is why it takes 5 years to come to PC. Hopefully its Epic exclusive.
...what

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
A Bloodborne remaster for PS5 is inevitable. Sony knows too well how fans would embrace it and given how they care for their hardcore audience I´d say it´s totally coming. And I´m gonna buy it, play it and platinum it again. Glorious times to be alive. Praise the moon.

Aidah

Bloodborne on PC would be a dream come true. The only thing that wasn't a 10 out of 10 about the original game was some of its technical side because of the weak hardware. I would imagine it would also be incredible on PS5.

Last edited:

mortal

no. Not from from software. They already said that’s it not on their plan.
It’s going to be like Demons Soul. A one time thing.
FromSoftware can't just make a sequel on their own though. Sony owns the IP, so they're the ones that need to give the green light.
Sony & FromSoftware have a solid relationship, and I'm sure Miyazaki would be open to doing a sequel if Sony reaches out to him.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
I expect Bloodborne to be BC enhanced for PS5. If it isn't then i'm not buying it again.

Demon's Souls Remake is day 1 though.

PlayVerso

No. No del software. Ya dijeron que no está en su plan.
Será como Demons Soul. Una cosa de una vez.

Not 100% believe everything, NaughtyDog claimed he had no development plans for 'The Last Of Us Remaster', and the game was announced within a few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Belmonte

Damn, I don't want a remaster! I want the original game with 1080/60 FPS!

I usually don't like when other devs mess with textures/ illumination. Many remasters got "improved" lighting and "better" textures without understanding the artistic choices from the original devs! It doesn't matter if the lighting is more technically impressive if it hurts the art.

If people are calling remaster because it is the original textures/lighting but in high resolution, then it is great! If they are having liberties with the original game, I'm afraid I will need to buy a PS4 after all.

Aidah

Butthole poster is noone to judge.

Both wario and nibel supporting the rumor. The dream is coming true. Bloodborne thus gives audience to new blood.
I'll still wait for an official announcement before I celebrate, personally though I wouldn't be new blood since I've played it for countless hours, so I'm just old blood going in for countless hours more.

A little concerned about any changes not done by the original creators though. I hope they don't mess with it. All I really want is resolution, frame rate, better texture filtering and AA, instant loading... that sort of thing. I'd rather they leave anything that isn't purely technical alone.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
If anyone who has the game on PS4 receives the Patch for PS5 I would be very happy. Let's play together PC friends :p
That would be amazing but my bet is on it being a separate release like Dark Souls Remastered.
Also, releasing old PS4 hits on PC while announcing their next-gen PS5 exclusive sequels sounds like a really smart move marketing the new console in the long run.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Just to be a cock, I don't believe either of these.

Doesn't make sense to launch a Bloodborne remaster when PS5 BC is being advertised as doing EVERYTHING this remaster would potentially do -- decrease loading times, increase frames, etc.

Also, Bloodborne didn't sell very well, believe it or not. Outside of ultra-enthusiasts (the .0001 of gamers), there's not a lot of demand for a remaster. I can see a potential PC release, because that audience hasn't been exposed to the game yet, but also no real credible sources have come forward ---- some unknown idiot on Twitter originated this. Let's keep that in mind here.

Wario retweeting an obscure post doesn't mean jackshit, unless he specifically said "this is happening", which he didn't, it means nothing. We're all bored and getting carried away.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
"60 fps better textures" this isn't exactly groundbreaking news only an insider would know.

well we should know pretty soon if these rumors are bs or not. when is the Playstation showcase coming? June 12th?

or have they not specified a date?

Last edited:

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Think about it, dude.

Or they could go the Xbox way and just make it backwards compatible, upgrade the textures and lock it at 60fps worst case? I’d rather they spent all this time making Bloodborne 2 for launch instead of re-doing the game we just played a few years ago.

lpking2005

Neo Member
I don't understand why the industry is obsessed with making remasters of games that are from PS3/360/CurrentGen.
It should only be PS1/PS2/Xbox games anything previous as they have the most to gain from graphics and gameplay.

I would say that gaming mechanics have not come along way since last gen but the generations before that, theirs probably a lot to be improved upon by developers.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake is probably the best example for this.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I would get this on pc if the upgrade was worth it at the time. Still wanna see what these 30 series GPUs are gonna look like price-wise

Otherwise I would play again on PS5. Question. They can't just make it one of the 100 games they plan on being BC and upgrade it that way?

I know From Software is likely to do the same thing they did with the Dark Souls Remaster, but honestly the game just felt smoother at 60 fps...I didn't really notice much of an graphical upgrade. It has been a while though.

So Bloodborne remaster is the rumor PS5 game from Bluepoint? I'd rather Bluepoint work on remaking the Mass Effect trilogy, Silent Hill Remake, or Metal Gear Solid remake.Yawn

Top Bottom