• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

myco666

What level would you guys recommend I jump into the DLC at? I started a new character to play it since my main was in NG+.

lvl65 is what is recommended by the devs and IMO it is pretty decent place to start. You can go there earlier and try how it goes but it will be tough.

In comparison to the bosses before it, without giving me much information, how hard is the boss in Fishing Hamlet?

Hardest boss in the game for me.

myco666

It was frustrating but using a faster weapon (in my strength build's case, Tonitrus) helped win the day.

I used Logarius' Wheel the first time through and it took me 2 hours to beat it. Now I have pretty decent strategy for it but I still can't beat it in one try unless I am using Bloodtinge build. Nothing in Chalices even compares to him for me.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Alright, NG++ final boss down.

It was a mistake to start the DLC on this but I pulled through and it feels good. Staying in the water helped a lot for the second phase.

Ehhh..... the damage is at the lower end even with 50 Strength + 50 Bloodtinge and high-tier gems and Bloodletter doesn't stagger well, surprisingly, even in it's "true, terrifying form." The Frenzy special attack is practically almost useless and the health penalty from transforming the weapon is quite crippling in sustained fights where you might want to switch to your gun for certain circumstances.

I am honestly kind of disappointed in this weapon.
I think I like it because of those reasons. It requires a kind of finesse like the chikage.

Alo0oy

Banned
After trolling so many people summoning them into NG++ at such a low level, I got trolled today, I was level 40 & was summoned to fight Amelia in (probably) NG++, I was doing no damage at all, but I survived the fight & got a lot of blood echoes in the end, so it was all good.

And the Amygdalan Arm is such an amazing weapon, it's R1 combo is so fast for a high damaging weapon, I'm actually using it more than the Pizza Cutter in this build that I made specifically for the Pizza Cutter, even though my Pizza Cutter is +6 & the Amygdalan Arm is only +4.

And the Amygdalan Arm is such an amazing weapon, it's R1 combo is so fast for a high damaging weapon, I'm actually using it more than the Pizza Cutter in this build that I made specifically for the Pizza Cutter, even though my Pizza Cutter is +6 & the Amygdalan Arm is only +4.

Is it good? I found it but never used it. I was finding new weapons every time I turned around at that point.

Alo0oy

Banned
Is it good? I found it but never used it. I was finding new weapons every time I turned around at that point.

It's very very good, just equip it & check out how fast the R1 combo is, its club form is very good in one on one fights as it's fast, highly damaging, and has very good poise damage, and it has a follow up to its charged R2 that sends almost every enemy flying. The transformed form is great for crowd control, its running R2 is actually a full 360 degree attack, and has deceptive range.

It's still +4 and I haven't gotten to the end game or DLC bosses yet, but so far it's one of the best strength weapons in the game.

Dereck

What makes the Giant Fishman particularly hard to me is that his attack patterns seem really haphazard. Right now I'm in the cave trying to defeat two of these guys and I don't really understand what the strategy is for these idiots, any tips?

What makes the Giant Fishman particularly hard to me is that his attack patterns seem really haphazard. Right now I'm in the cave trying to defeat two of these guys and I don't really understand what the strategy is for these idiots, any tips?

Lure one to the back side of the Well, fight him when he is near death he will try to runaway and aggro his bro, kill it fast and then go for the other guy.

You can parry their attack or you can use the shaman bone, hit the first fish dude and wait the shaman bone affects him and tries to kill his bro by himself. Or you can leave them alone and find the other entrance

Tak3n

Banned

you can like me and others cheese them, fall in the well, the one in the water will start to walk, go up the ladder, sprint back to the lamp, go back down and you can fight them from the ledge, still be a little careful though as they can still hit you

Melchiah

you can like me and others cheese them, fall in the well, the one in the water will start to walk, go up the ladder, sprint back to the lamp, go back down and you can fight them from the ledge, still be a little careful though as they can still hit you

There's no need to go down the well. You can get its attention from the ledge by using Monocular to hit it with a throwing knife.

I was able to attract both to the ledge and just do like ~10 minutes of leaping attacks with a transformed LHB. When they do their giant diving attack they clip through the ledge and you can hit them without ever getting too close. Still gotta watch em though because they can't hit you. I recorded it but I haven't uploaded it or anything. It was probably my most blatant use of bs.

Melchiah

I was able to attract both to the ledge and just do like ~10 minutes of leaping attacks with a transformed LHB. When they do their giant diving attack they clip through the ledge and you can hit them without ever getting too close. Still gotta watch em though because they can't hit you. I recorded it but I haven't uploaded it or anything. It was probably my most blatant use of bs.

I handled them with Cane's whip form, and only got hit few times in the process. It didn't take long with Fire Paper.

Yeah 10 minutes might be an exaggeration on my part. Doesn't take long and it's much better than fighting the things. Probably my least favorite enemy in the game.

OK, finally done with the DLC after beating the Orphan this morning. Still took me a couple of days to beat him until I started reverting to my trusty R2 attack with the 2-Handed Axe. Such an OP move I think, after the initial charge-up the move is almost impossible to interrupt, it covers a wide 360 arc around you, it generally stuns enemies and it does a crapload of damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikwhwaU6b2Y

Starting this DLC on NG++ was probably not the wisest move, and I broke my personal rule of doing the boss fights without summons in order to beat Laurence (although to be fair to myself Valtr died very early on so he didn't actually help that much). But my sanity was worth it. :p

Timeaisis

Alright, so I'm in Nightmare Frontier, around level 65, with a +6 Axe and a +6 Ludwig's. I'm thinking about jumping into the DLC after I beat Amygdala. Thoughts?

myco666

Alright, so I'm in Nightmare Frontier, around level 65, with a +6 Axe and a +6 Ludwig's. I'm thinking about jumping into the DLC after I beat Amygdala. Thoughts?

Now would be a good time to jump in. Just get few chunks and upgrade either of those weapons to +8 and you are good to go.

Melchiah

I'd personally level up a bit, as the DLC was too hard for me at level 60. It was far more manageable at level 90. You just have to try how it's for you, as these things vary from one player to another.

Whats the best weapon in the game?

I'm using the LHB at +10 but now got the Wheel, Armygdala arm and the moonlight Holy Blade, is LHB +10 the way to go or is anything else even more powerful

Whats the best weapon in the game?

I'm using the LHB at +10 but now got the Wheel, Armygdala arm and the moonlight Holy Blade, is LHB +10 the way to go or is anything else even more powerful

I think if your Arcane is high enough the HMS might be able to outdo LHB, but for most builds LHB is pretty sweet.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question, any replies are appreciated. My game time is limited right now. I just finished Witcher 3, which took almost 3 months real life time. I haven't touched Bloodborne since last summer. I left my character in NG+ in Old Yharnam at about level 150 (spent a lot of time farming and exploring Chalice Dungeons). I'm really tempted to get into this expansion but honestly don't have the time (right now) to start a new character from the very beginning.

Will my high level balance out the NG+ difficulty jump or am I too OP? If necessary I don't mind leaving it till later in the year when I've got more time to start over from scratch.

taybul

Quick question, any replies are appreciated. My game time is limited right now. I just finished Witcher 3, which took almost 3 months real life time. I haven't touched Bloodborne since last summer. I left my character in NG+ in Old Yharnam at about level 150 (spent a lot of time farming and exploring Chalice Dungeons). I'm really tempted to get into this expansion but honestly don't have the time (right now) to start a new character from the very beginning.

Will my high level balance out the NG+ difficulty jump or am I too OP? If necessary I don't mind leaving it till later in the year when I've got more time to start over from scratch.

I started the the DLC exactly like you, NG+ at around level 150. Nothing gave me too much trouble, except maybe a certain optional boss. I beat it within a week logging no more than a couple hours a day.

myco666

Alright, i can do that. Where is the best place to get blood stone chunks? (I think that's what you need for +7,+8,+9)

You get 4 from Scurrying Beasts in Nightmare Frontier, Forbidden Woods has 1 guarded by three snake head dudes and Cainhurst has 5 chunks. If you get all of those you can get your weapon to +9 before first DLC boss as there are 6 more chunks in the first area of the DLC.

Afrodium

Banned
I spent all my crafting mats upgrading the Amydala Arm only to find the Whirlygig Saw like 30 minutes later. It's perfect for my build.

Guess I'm off to farm some shards and chunks :(

Blobbers

oJRn7Ym.jpg

ethomaz

Banned
Can anybody help me to Micolash in NG+? I'm at the boss but I got killed in the second part all the time... I'm rushing to get the Platinum.

No password but I can set one if my helper wants ;)

Edit - Ops no rush and I killed him.

How in the hell can I learn Ludwig's second form if I keep dying the second it begins?
Playing the game is the best practice, but I learn a lot about enemy patterns just from watching videos. In the heat of the moment it's sometimes difficult to get a grasp on what's happening, you're trying to heal, you keep getting hit, then heal again etc.

LobosJr NG+7 fist only Ludwig kill - I could never have the patience to do fist-only even on NG, but watching the video, because it's long enough to see all his moves and patterns, I was able to see Ludwig's patterns especially in the second form and it really helped when I went back and fought him again on later characters.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I started the the DLC exactly like you, NG+ at around level 150. Nothing gave me too much trouble, except maybe a certain optional boss. I beat it within a week logging no more than a couple hours a day.

Thanks for replying. Checked last night and my dude is actually level 137, plus there is a second character at level 15 that I don't remember starting, so I'm good to go either way.

Timeaisis

You get 4 from Scurrying Beasts in Nightmare Frontier, Forbidden Woods has 1 guarded by three snake head dudes and Cainhurst has 5 chunks. If you get all of those you can get your weapon to +9 before first DLC boss as there are 6 more chunks in the first area of the DLC.

Awesome, thank you. Got all those and now I'm at bl74 with a +8 LHB. Time to go for the DLC. :)

Top Bottom