• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters |OT| Old Hunters. New Tricks, Bells & Whistles.

Wait, what, why?
Does beating her affect it somehow?

I just got back into Bloodborne very recently (kind of just put the game down when I beat Rom). Tonight I got through the second Nightmare Realm, and eventually beat The Wet Nurse.
Enjoying it so much, I bought the dlc and have started it (without issue, hence the above question), because I know if I go further in the main game I'll be locked in.

When you make
the house on fire
phase, the doll is unable to say the DLC dialogue she is supposed to say when you defeat certain DLC bosses. She will be stuck with the dialogue
"Gehrman wants to talk with you"

Manu

Probably already posted, but:

giphy.gif

This DLC is real rough to jump into when you havent touched BB in 6 months.

I think I am back on the saddle now.

Also that feel when you are about to die in a boss but one of your messages gets rated fine and your health gets revived.

Managed to beat Lugwig that way.

Ok.. I just fought the Cleric Beast for the first time. I went in there unprepared and expecting to get one shot and I pulled off a upset. My heart was pounding towards the end of the fight and even after the fight ended.

I picked the axe as my starting weapon for my strength build but don't like how slow it is. I love the power but don't like the speed. Where/When do I get my next "Strength" build weapon?

Any OG BloodBorne player want to team up with me so I can gain some levels? I have no clue what co-op is like in this game.

Edit : PSN Frost-Fiend
I'll definitely be up for a few more hours.

gogosox82

Ok.. I just fought the Cleric Beast for the first time. I went in there unprepared and expecting to get one shot and I pulled off a upset. My heart was pounding towards the end of the fight and even after the fight ended.

I picked the axe as my starting weapon for my strength build but don't like how slow it is. I love the power but don't like the speed. Where/When do I get my next "Strength" build weapon?

Any OG BloodBorne player want to team up with me so I can gain some levels? I have no clue what co-op is like in this game.

You can buy the kirkhammer since you have beaten CB.

Going from Orphan of Kos to Mergo's Wet Nurse... Its not even comparable, MWN is so much slower and easier!

Also just beat Gehrman and Moon Presence. What a game! On par with Dark Souls, for sure.

myco666

Probably already posted, but:

giphy.gif

Holy shit hahaha! This is fantastic!

Edit : PSN Frost-Fiend
I'll definitely be up for a few more hours.

If axe is too slow I don't know if you want to go down the Strength build path. All those weapons are slow. You are still so early though that you can change to Skill build easily if that fits your playstyle more.

Going from Orphan of Kos to Mergo's Wet Nurse... Its not even comparable, MWN is so much slower and easier!

Also just beat Gehrman and Moon Presence. What a game! On par with Dark Souls, for sure.

Nothing compares to OoK. That fight is just all over the place.

J-Skee

I... I did it. After spending months on Chalice Dungeon bosses, I finally got the platinum. I don't know how to feel right now.

D

Doge

Unconfirmed Member
Can you respec in this game? If not, I have to re roll a character :O???

Greddleok

HA! I got over the post-Ludwig hump. Not onto the next boss but having a hell of a time in the Research Halls (or whatever they're called).

I don't know what it was, but I turned it on, and something just clicked and I murdered the two hunters that were frustrating me before. Without even breaking a sweat. I think it was because I put my Cainhurst armour on. That shit is so cool.

laxu

This. Game. Is. So. Fucking. Good.

It is now retroactively my GOTY2015 though I haven't played Witcher 3 enough yet so maybe Bloodborne gets retroactively robbed.

At this point I've played Bloodborne for about 150 hours total with two characters. I think I have maybe 100 on Witcher 3 and now I can't decide which one I like better. These are the first games that have gripped me so much that I've gone and bought a physical Gwent deck and plan to buy the Bloodborne artbook that should be out in February.

I... I did it. After spending months on Chalice Dungeon bosses, I finally got the platinum. I don't know how to feel right now.

Congrats! Maybe this will be the first game I ever Platinum. Maybe.

Anyone down for co-op? I want to power level my character.

Edit: I want to change my build from strength to Skill/bloodtinge but chose violent past as my Origin and put 4 points into strength, can I still pull off a blood tinge build?

Orphan of Kos is smashing me to pieces

Any tips of how to beat him?

It's really all about dodging with this guy. And like Maria, you have to dodge toward him in most cases. Unless you're backing off to heal, you need to stay too close to him to be in the path of his attacks. Because of those screams he lets out constantly, he seems a lot scarier than he actually is. The one attack that's tricky is lightning attack during his second form. For that, just keep dodging backward (as long as your back is to the horizon and not the door you came in) and get as far away from him as possible. The lightning will dissipate eventually, but you need a great distance between you in order to let it without taking damage.

myco666

Or you can do like I did, and continue with the character and raise the stats, making it viable for more builds.

Well there is always that but if you want to stay in PVP range that really isn't an option.

Congrats! Maybe this will be the first game I ever Platinum. Maybe.

Anyone down for co-op? I want to power level my character.

Edit: I want to change my build from strength to Skill/bloodtinge but chose violent past as my Origin and put 4 points into strength, can I still pull off a blood tinge build?

You can still go for Bloodtinge build and you shouldn't worry that much about putting stats in wrong places except if you want to really min-max.

Skii

I just bought the DLC and was wondering if I'd have a hard time playing it on NG+. I'm actually struggling with NG+ anyway as I haven't played Bloodborne in so long. Will the DLC completely wreck me?

myco666

I just bought the DLC and was wondering if I'd have a hard time playing it on NG+. I'm actually struggling with NG+ anyway as I haven't played Bloodborne in so long. Will the DLC completely wreck me?

If the main game is giving you trouble you're entering a world of pain. The DLC is much harder than the main game. Getting some practice and levels will do wonders though.

Skii

If the main game is giving you trouble you're entering a world of pain. The DLC is much harder than the main game. Getting some practice and levels will do wonders though.

Ah man that sucks. I don't really have any time to level up or really get much practice. If I was to start a new game, what level and how far into the game would I need to be to be ready for the DLC?

Afrodium

Banned
I'm at Orphan of Kos and I'm not sure how I feel about this DLC. On one hand Research Hall is potentially my favorite area in the entire game. On the other hand, I found myself pissed off more often than enjoying myself while playing this. Souls games always kind of fall off near the end for me because they go from hard but fair to just straight up frustrating. Yeah, I'm still dying by my own mistakes, but the deck is stacked so much against me that it's almost impossible not to make a misstep at some point.

I've gotten Orphan of Kos down to a sliver of health, so I know it's doable. I'll probably power through, but I don't think I'll have a hankering to revisit this content any time soon.

myco666

Ah man that sucks. I don't really have any time to level up or really get much practice. If I was to start a new game, what level and how far into the game would I need to be to be ready for the DLC?

Lot of people say lvl80-90 so basically end game but I think it is an overkill and I would recommend to enter the DLC after Rom since you get access to bunch of chunks and pretty good blood gems at that point. As for level I would say 50 is pretty much the minimum. From Software themselves recommend lvl65 so I guess that should be the best point to enter.

Skii

Lot of people say lvl80-90 so basically end game but I think it is an overkill and I would recommend to enter the DLC after Rom since you get access to bunch of chunks and pretty good blood gems at that point. As for level I would say 50 is pretty much the minimum. From Software themselves recommend lvl65 so I guess that should be the best point to enter.

Alright thanks for the tip! Might speed run until I get to Nightmare Frontier as well as getting to level 60-65 before attempting the DLC.

Might save my NG+ run of the DLC for the summer when I can play 10 hours in a row dying to the same boss 20+ times lol.

I was at level 104 on NG+ when I started the DLC and I didn't really have much trouble. I took some time here and there to run back to Cainhurst to farm Blood Echoes and level, but I didn't run into any real difficulty spikes that I couldn't handle. I was at level 177 when I finished the DLC.

I hate that you lose all your currency when you die. I died to Father Gascoigne twice so I lost about six thousand blood echos. I need supplies too so now I have to grind to get cash for some Molotov's, Bullets, and Blood Vials.

I wish I played this when this community was more active. I want to do some co-op and talk with someone while playing this.

I hate that you lose all your currency when you die. I died to Father Gascoigne twice so I lost about six thousand blood echos. I need supplies too so now I have to grind to get cash for some Molotov's, Bullets, and Blood Vials.

Blood Echoes are super-easy to farm in this game, though. Even moreso than in the Souls games. Also, even if you die, you have an opportunity to pick up your lost Blood Echoes again before they're gone for good.

myco666

I wish I played this when this community was more active. I want to do some co-op and talk with someone while playing this.

You shouldn't be walking around with that high amount Echoes to a new area. You should backtrack to lamp and spend them on levels and items.

Have you tried summoning? I would assume it is still rather active since the DLC came out.

Timeaisis

You'll get used to the blood echo thing. Makes the stakes higher and the game more fun, to be honest.

The farming part...well. It happens sometimes, moreso in the beginning. It's one of the things that bothers me as well.

Blood Echoes are super-easy to farm in this game, though. Even moreso than in the Souls games. Also, even if you die, you have an opportunity to pick up your lost Blood Echoes again before they're gone for good.

You shouldn't be walking around with that high amount Echoes to a new area. You should backtrack to lamp and spend them on levels and items.

Have you tried summoning? I would assume it is still rather active since the DLC came out.

You'll get used to the blood echo thing. Makes the stakes higher and the game more fun, to be honest.

The farming part...well. It happens sometimes, moreso in the beginning. It's one of the things that bothers me as well.

Yeah I get it it's easy to build up more blood echos and more fun this way. I see that.

I need to make some irl friends, i dont trust randoms. I love the difficulty of this game and if there was a slightly harder co-op mode I would be singing praises of this game like a local preacher.

I need to make some irl friends, i dont trust randoms. I love the difficulty of this game and if there was a slightly harder co-op mode I would be singing praises of this game like a local preacher.

I've never played co-op with another person. Only used NPC partners for a couple bosses. I got through it all okay.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
At this point I've played Bloodborne for about 150 hours total with two characters. I think I have maybe 100 on Witcher 3 and now I can't decide which one I like better. These are the first games that have gripped me so much that I've gone and bought a physical Gwent deck and plan to buy the Bloodborne artbook that should be out in February.

Artbook? Link?

Top Bottom