• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Games to announce "Tenchu Collection" on March 9th, 10 A.M PST. Coming Q4 2020 exclusively to PS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty1897

I remember the controls being abysmal in the Tenchu games. The game would have to be completely overhauled mechanically, everything from run speed, lack of Z Targeting, and draw distance would have to be reworked to feel like a modern game.

In order to be good, it would need to be a much more ambitious remake than Shadow of the Colossus, where they only messed with the graphics. I'll stay tuned.

Last edited:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Big No here .. you ask me why ? Just do some research ..

80% next project is something bigger and important to players than Tenchu .. Demon souls is way believable or something else we never expected

GHG

Wait a minute...

Wednesday 9th March?

giphy.gif

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
That's a weird fucking thing to hype, BUT

I am actually super fucking excited for that. Would love to see a spruced up Tenchu 1, especially with that incredible soundtrack.

Seriously. One of the best OSTs of all time.

goldenpp72

Unlike other places, Gaf doesn’t seem to ban or censor everything in some misguided attempt to be our parent.

I would say it’s up to the community to call out when something is on shaky ground, and that exact thing happened in this thread. So... everything working as intended?

I mean aside from the large batch of people assuming it's real, sure, nothing to see here.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I don't believe it but I would be much more interested in Tenchu Collection than I would be in Demon's Souls Remake.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Hoping for a physical release (haha lol!) but I've always wanted the first Tenchu game.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
I mean, as much as I love Tenchu, I don't trust this without a source. Also, nothing against Tenchu, but for as much as they've hyped it this doesn't feel fitting.

But boy oh boy did I love the series. I'm gonna go watch the Wrath of Heaven intro.

Chromata

It's a random Reddit post by a random user. I easily could have made this. Why are people getting hyped? Lol

-Arcadia-

Banned
I mean aside from the large batch of people assuming it's real, sure, nothing to see here.

Idiots, the ADHD, and console warriors exist everywhere. If they want to assume something marked rumor is real, and not look into it on top of it, they’re welcome to. It speaks volumes about them.

Gargus

Banned
I'd buy it. But I'd still be disappointed it wasn't demons souls. But I've kept my expectations to a minimum really so i dont get let down when it isn't demons souls.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
Tenchu Collection -> Fuck yes!

PS5 exclusive -> Hell no!

Happy for PS5 early adopters though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly im not surprised most of the tenchu games are ps1 games then getting remade would create less of an outrage compare to them remastering other games. Demon souls and the way its made is very specific imagaine if bluepoint went in and changed the lighting and color gamet that would ruin about 60% of the game. If they re did Legends of dragoon or even sphyon filter they could very easily mess those games up as well.

TexMex

I don't really care if this is legit or bogus but I'm more surprised to see the apathy towards Tenchu here. I fucking loved those first two games.

Banned
Wow did anyone remember the insider tht alluded to it not being demon souls but another old ip. Someone said this months ago. Who was it?

well that is basically the safest bet you could ever make.
we have absolutely no proof that this DS remake was real, just random twitter trolling from Bluepoint.
so there is a high change it is not DS... meaning saying it is some other old IP is a VEEERRRY save bet... there are hundreds of old IPs that could be remade by Bluepoint, and honestly I never thought DS is a likely candidate... would people actually care for a remake of it? I mean it would basically be just another Souls-like among many Souls-Like games that came out over the last couple of years... not very exciting.

I think if they have a really big one in the pipe it will be an IP that has a more mainstream appeal, especially if it is indeed meant to be a launch title.

Last edited:

Synless

Would be disappointed if true. I liked Tenchu when it came out, but I never would want a remaster for it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
My copy of Tenchu 2 is pretty scratched up, so this would be nice (if true).

I honestly don’t think it’s true, but idk tbh

Not sure why people are disappointed with this, we need more stealth games and the Tenchu series were all great games for their time that have aged somewhat poorly. That asks for a remake FAR more than Demon's Souls, which is a title that still plays great as it is. Is NeoGAF mostly zoomers who forgot how good these games were? Besides, we need more stealth games if only to show recent titles that feature shoehorned stealth mechanics how to do it. We all saw how absolutely pants on head retarded the stealth was in games like Horizon Zero Dawn. Sekiro features too good of a combat to enforce stealth, MGS is dead, Ubisoft refuses to give me some Splinter Cell, at least we'd have Tenchu.

I really hope this happens.

KiNeMz

Banned
Wasn't Sekiro original ly a tenchu remake that spawned its own IP? Doesn't From software own Tenchu?

Panaphonics

Banned
Bluepoint Games already made the Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, which also included uncharted 1-3

so it wouldn’t be the first time they remastered a collection of games.

...y'all really sleeping on Tenchu? Dude those were some hardcore games, like PS1's Dark Souls or Ninja Gaiden. I'd actually look forward to this if it's true.

But it's Reddit so it's probably not true whatsoever.

Tenchu was ok but by today’s standards, it would have to be redesigned a lot. Then again people had no problem with Last of Us “stealth” gameplay so who knows. To me this would be a lot like a Syphon Filter trilogy remake, cool for nostalgia sake but meh as fuck.

I don’t want goddamn Demons Soul either. Remake a classic PSone or PS2 classic please.

GV82

Oh reddit games leaks & rumours sub, yeah most stuff there ages like milk

Brb gonna post a false rumour there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom