• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Games to announce "Tenchu Collection" on March 9th, 10 A.M PST. Coming Q4 2020 exclusively to PS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonPhixion

Who here thinks Sony would pay Activision a licensing fee in order to Publish an Activision IP as a PS5 exclusive?
We all know that Sony is using Bluepoint to develop a game that they own.

TLZ

Banned
IwjL0wP.gif

No offense to Tenchu fans, but this doesn’t fit the insane hype they were creating.
No offense to souls fan, but they're all overhyped games.

I hope this rumor is true.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I better not be lol. Never played them and have no interest in them but with all the hints they gave does this even remotely match? I have no idea.

Ellery

Not what I have hoped for (if true), but I will hold final judgement based on the final product.

maybe I am just oversaturated with sekiro, nioh, nioh 2 and ghosts of tsushima in that regard.

If this is true, screw off Bluepoint. You had me hyped up for months for a Demon's Souls remake and you give us this?
Wouldn't that be entirely your fault if this came to be true? Bluepoint never said they were doing Demon's Souls.

Last edited:
Clicked on the thread thinking its a legit announcement or something, only to find its a random reddit post.

So we have another bullshit thread based on a bullshit random reddit post.

May as well start creating pastebin threads

Kokoloko85

Is this what they meant when they did say they are working on more than 1 game? Makes sense in some way. They dont have the numbers to make 2 seperate games but a trilogy using the same engine/game series....

Kinda sucks just because of all the hype all this time, Im here expecting Demon Souls, Metal Gear Solid, Castlevania SOTN etc.

But in reality its pretty cool. Tenchu was great, had alot of fans and was awesome. I wouldnt complain but wish all this time we wasnt expecting 3 of my favourite games as a possibility.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
If this is true, I agree that they overhyped it, but I am excited for a potential Tenchu remake. Fucking loved those games on OG PlayStation.

Stealth ninja game. My best friend and I thought it was the coolest shit ever back then.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Tenchu is great, you lot are nuts. I replayed the first very recently. Obviously a remake (and especially a full trilogy so they skip repeating intros and tutorials) needs quite a few additions and adjustments (and to retain the level editor expanded) but the core of it is sweet. Hopefully they do it right.

Last edited:

wipeout364

Demon souls remaster isn’t needed anyway if PS5 has PS3 compatibility. A tenchu remaster though could be amazing. I think a remake would be more appropriate though.

Great games in PS1 (at the least the ones I played).

Repetitive and brain dead AI.

Innovative for its time. Not now

But what if they have updated these aspects to today's standards with quality of life improvements, in the form of proper remakes? I mean they're not going to (just) put upscaled versions of PlayStation games on the PlayStation 5.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Does everything have to be a Souls game?

Interesting if true, I might try it out.

When growing up, I legitimately never heard anything about Tenchu. I never heard a single thing about it until Sekiro was teased the first time and people were thinking it would be a Tenchu game.

Among almost every single person I've ever met in my entire life in person, I know far and away the most about video games - ones I play AND ones I don't play.

To build hype over a remake to a long dead series that I know for a fact most people I've met have never even heard of?

I'd be really surprised if Bluepoint turns out to be working on a Tenchu remake, though not necessarily disappointed because I firmly believe in the work they've done so far and I could always use a new series to check out. I'm going to keep holding out hope for a Demon's Souls remake.

Stuart360

Tenchu lol, no way this is true.

EDIT. Actially thinking about it, if you were going to make up a rumour, why would you pick Tenchu?. This will probably end up true lol.

Last edited:

decisions

Uh not allowing "rumors" that are literally "Tales from my ass" Reddit posts with no evidence whatsoever isn't ERA-like censorship. By having discussions about anything we give it some form of credibility. Thread should've been more like, "I saw this BS Reddit post, but it got me thinking, wouldn't' it be cool if Bluepoint was doing Tenchu?"

Uh not allowing "rumors" that are literally "Tales from my ass" Reddit posts with no evidence whatsoever isn't ERA-like censorship. By having discussions about anything we give it some form of credibility. Thread should've been more like, "I saw this BS Reddit post, but it got me thinking, wouldn't' it be cool if Bluepoint was doing Tenchu?"
Unforunately this forum will always be a literal dumping ground for thread creations from Reddit and Pastebin like this very one.

Last edited:

Vawn

Banned
Demon souls remaster isn’t needed anyway if PS5 has PS3 compatibility. A tenchu remaster though could be amazing. I think a remake would be more appropriate though.

Demon's Souls is awesome, but it is in desperate need of some QoL and balancing improvements From has made in the following games.

And the little matter of the Demon's Souls servers being shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom