• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Games to announce "Tenchu Collection" on March 9th, 10 A.M PST. Coming Q4 2020 exclusively to PS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dthomp

A lot of Young ‘uns in here who never played Tenchu, it seems.

A lot of PS3 = my first console

Yeah, between PS3 and 360 there was such an influx of gamers for the first time who have no clue the history that they missed.

I played the first couple Tenchus briefly (Wasn't really a huge fan of stealth games) and I enjoyed them for what they were even if they weren't my cup of tea, but I've also thought that this was a franchise that should be brought back. I can't believe how many people are salty about not getting another damn Souls game. What like 3 a year aren't enough? Let the Souls franchise breath a little and let people grow to feel like they haven't seen one in a while before just throwing another 12 at the wall.

Franchises like this one (and hell even Syphon Filter) would be great to see make a comeback. You have a built in audience from the old days and on a new console people are always looking for something new to play before they build a backlog.

Fret Runner

Love me some Tenchu.
I'd be happy with this.
UAQgX75.jpg

Zannegan

Exciting if true, though I may or may not be getting a PS5. Makes a next gen sequel more likely though.

How great would a Fox Engine/MGS5 reskin open-world Tenchu be?

Vawn

Banned
A lot of Young ‘uns in here who never played Tenchu, it seems.

A lot of PS3 = my first console

Anyone who wants Demon's Souls over Tenchu is a young 'un? Can't they just be someone with good tastes in video games.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Anyone who wants Demon's Souls over Tenchu is a young 'un? Can't they just be someone with good tastes in video games.
Anyone who implies that the Tenchu series is some obscure curio and venerates the Souls series to some kind of legendary status is more than likely quite young and whose first console generation was PS3/360.

That or they’re a games journo.

I still have my copy of Demon's Souls on PS3 and it's a playable game.

Tenchu (the good ones on PS1) have terrible camera and blurry-ass textures.

Besides, feudal Japan games?

Mugatu-So-Hot-Right-Now.jpg

Sekiro, Ghost of Tsushima, Nioh 1 and 2, and now (hopefully) Tenchu.

Zoanoid33

Next Gen Tenchu seems more plausible then a Demon Souls remake. I don't see Sony getting anyone other then From Software to come close to handling Demon Souls or Bloodborne.
I would imagine they want to keep their goodwill with Fromsoft for any future exclusives or remakes and giving Miyazaki's swan song to another company sounds pretty risky.

I do think this rumor is false though. Tenchu seems too obscure and to remake a whole collection at once? Especially with Ghost of Tsushima on the horizon, I don't see Sony over saturating their own market with Fuedal Japan ninja/samurai games.

Still hoping its Syphon Filter, Twisted Metal or SOCOM

KaiserBecks

I‘d actually buy a PS5 for this, Tenchu was the shit. I think it’s unrealistic though, nobody cares about Tenchu anymore. Sekiro was the only glimpse of a modern interpretation becoming a Reality.

Tenchu really? Ive been there since day one with PS1, Tenchu was something new and interesting but never thought of it as some classic that will stand the test of time or talked about. Lets be honest, on this forum at least in the last 10 years, how many times did you see anyone mention Tenchu series? Exactly. And its a trilogy right away? Id rather have em focus deeply on one entry. Either way if true, I guess its better than Demon Souls and it kind of does go with that "leak" that they are looking at a historic armor artist/designer a year ago.

Enjay

Banned
lol there was no way they weren't taking the piss if this ends up being their announcement. tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they "leaked" this themselves as further part of their bullshit marketing on whatever they're porting.

EDMIX

Look folks, I could believe a remake of 1 game....3? At launch on PS5? smh.

Unlikely. Like massively unlikely.

EDMIX

But Bluepoint games already did the Nathan drake collection, which are 3 games.
So, wouldn’t be something new to them.

They REMADE 3 games? You sure?

Context is key here man, seriously think about what you are posting, please. Uncharted collection was a REMASTER of last gen games. Tenchu is a series from Playstation 1 and to say it will be the first 3 games, means 2 of them are PS1 games and the PS2 title they put out. It very much says clearly "a REMAKE".

Uncharted 1-3 on PS4 was not a remake. They did not put the game in some new engine and start changing design and having different models etc. Thats clearly not what happened with Uncharted.

SoTC on PS4 was a remake.

A massive, massive difference here.

kiphalfton kiphalfton What about it? Those titles were also much smaller in scale. Its very doubtful this team is remaking all 3 games at once. If this is even true, what it be a REMASTER and resolution bump and not them legit remaking all 3 games. Thats like saying Konami is making a remake of the first 2 metal gear titles that were NES and oh on 1 release they are doing it. To remake Tenchu 1 is big, to expect the next 2 a bit of a stretch. Titles like that never get remade completely in batches like that, thats like expecting Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 all remade completely and released in 1 go on PS5 with never having a release prior.

Crash also clearly isn't the same scale as a Tenchu either so...

Last edited:

CAB_Life

Oh wow. This is seriously underwhelming—and I’m easily impressed. Guess I’ll wait to see footage though before bandwagoning. Could be a great value...three games for the price of one. Can’t argue with that.

The originals were some of my favourite PSX games, but they have to really update the mechanics as I don’t think they’ve aged all that well.

xrnzaaas

I love stealth games, it would be nice if it's true although I'm not so sure about releasing Tenchu so soon after Ghost of Tsushima.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom