• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Games to announce "Tenchu Collection" on March 9th, 10 A.M PST. Coming Q4 2020 exclusively to PS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digity

I'd of taken a Bushido Blade remaster over DS
Bushido Blade is the shit. I really don’t get people wanting a remake of a gams that isn’t even that old, perfectly playable on the ps3 still. Can’t think of a bigger waste of time for a studio like this to be remaking Demons Souls.

Business

I hope this is bullshit. Also, why would they make a ninja/feudal japan game when they are now releasing Ghost of Tsushima... I know they also geen lighted Days Gone's zombie apocalypse with TLoU in their portfolio, but still.

I personally hope they remake Killzone 2, and while they are at it, change the end, make it canon and revive the franchise.

bRacing

Banned
Demons Souls was really good, but I don't want Sony wasting money to have it remade. DS1/2/3/Bloodborne/Sekiro are all infinitely better games. If you're going to remake one, remake Bloodborne with a good framerate and fix the frame pacing issues.

I personally hope they remake Killzone 2, and while they are at it, change the end, make it canon and revive the franchise.

Probably not whats happening but I would be totally down for this. Im glad they gave Killzone a rest (especially after Shadow Fall was obviously a rushed shit show) but I think its time to bring it back.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Demons Souls was really good, but I don't want Sony wasting money to have it remade. DS1/2/3/Bloodborne/Sekiro are all infinitely better games. If you're going to remake one, remake Bloodborne with a good framerate and fix the frame pacing issues.
Maybe they could patch that in ps5 BC? Would that be possible?

Demons souls is a better candidate to get online back! Also, 6th archstone!

Javthusiast

Banned
Fk yes if true! I will take this any day over Souls, sorry I am not a fan of that series and there are plenty enough souls games out there. Even more souls likes.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Boy am I gonna be pissed if this is what Bluepoint was hyping this whole time.

You will find out Wednesday the 9th.
giphy.gif

Mackers

Not the best thing they could have chosen. But also far from the worst.

But not gonna lie, I'd be all over this. Tenchu would have to have a complete gameplay overhaul so I would be interested to see what Bluepoint would do with that.

Kuranghi

Very fond memories of Tenchu 1 and Birth of the Stealth Assassins, but I don't know if they would hold up today as they don't have in mission checkpoints so its pretty punishing if you die at the boss. That would make the talk of reimagining make more sense though, since it would have to be updated in design significantly to work as a 2020 game.

I remember going through the 2nd game as the secret character with the pins (nails?) after beating it as Rikimaru and Ayane and loving those x-ray takedowns.

It was so fun just to see all the different takedowns in the game: behind, crouched behind, jumping down from above, side, front, etc. Its kinda similar to the way you execute different glory kills in Doom 2016 or more like in the newer Hitman games actually, Agent 47 does a different kill/subdue animation depending on the angle you approach the NPC.

Jaxcellent

I have great Tenchu 1 PSX memories.
It was a pretty good game at the time, especially when you consider the limited input possabilities of the psx controller.

I remember the gameplay to be fair but punishing. I really dig Rikimuru's lines, he has some great dialog, like: "Your greed sickens me. I hope your death is a lessons to other."

The soundtrack was great too, some of the tracks really stand out:

Kacho

Sekiro is Tenchu perfected so it's hard to get excited. Lot's of faux insiders BTFO if true.

Played Tenchu back in the days on the psx. Wasnt really fond of it unfortunatly.
I liked them in theory but always bounced off once the novelty wore off. The systems and controls were archaic, even for the time. Those fucking sharks man...why?

Vawn

Banned
Well, they said Wednesday the 9th. Maybe instead of Monday the 9th, they meant Wednesday the 11th?

I hope it's fake, because anything that isn't Demon's Souls is garbage in comparison.

Aranea

As i suspected this was fake. Only Tenchu game i played was Tenchu 2 and that was many years later after the game got release. Bluepoint better deliver on their title as imo they have over hype on this mysterious game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom