• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bluepoint Games to announce "Tenchu Collection" on March 9th, 10 A.M PST. Coming Q4 2020 exclusively to PS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonJorginho

Banned
Yeah, Demon Souls... because we havent had enough Souls games and Souls copies this generation.

Both options are bad.

Tenchu is just a not very good game series and isn't needed, and Demon Souls albeit a good game, is also unneeded when you can play much better Souls games right now.

MGS 1, Silent Hill 2, The Legend Of Dragoon or Syphon Filter would have been much better choices.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Are you on drugs or something? Tenchu is a cult series. And it's a series. Demon Souls is just one game.
Ok, maybe it’s because English isn’t my first language. What I mean is, there isn’t a huge following or demand for those games right now. Demon’s Soul (part of the Dark Souls/Bloodborne series) is hugely popular right now. If I had to do 1 remake, I know which one I’d wanna do.
Unless a huge reimagining happens to those games, I don’t see how one would be excited to be honest.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Both options are bad.

Tenchu is just a not very good game series and isn't needed, and Demon Souls albeit a good game, is also unneeded when you can play much better Souls games right now.

MGS 1, Silent Hill 2, The Legend Of Dragoon or Syphon Filter would have been much better choices.

My wish was actually Soul Reaver, with the cut content restored. I really have little confidence in anyone to do it correctly, but if any game deserves a remake, it is that one.

Demons Souls is not needed, especially if the PS5 is as BC friendly as rumored. The game is fine on PS3.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
My wish was actually Soul Reaver, with the cut content restored. I really have little confidence in anyone to do it correctly, but if any game deserves a remake, it is that one.

Demons Souls is not needed, especially if the PS5 is as BC friendly as rumored. The game is fine on PS3.

Never actually played that game, I know of it, just never had the time, is it good then?

diffusionx

Gold Member
Never actually played that game, I know of it, just never had the time, is it good then?

Soul Reaver? Yea, it's great, one of the best on DC/PS1 IMO. Problem is, the devs had to cut out like 50% of the game and rework the story and push stuff to the sequels, which they fucked up down the road. IOW, it's an ideal candidate for someone new taking a stab at it.

But I do think Tenchu is a good candidate too, it'd be interesting to see what a modern full-fledged stealth game would look like. Both are better than Demons Souls.

DonJorginho

Banned
Soul Reaver? Yea, it's great, one of the best on DC/PS1 IMO. Problem is, the devs had to cut out like 50% of the game and rework the story and push stuff to the sequels, which they fucked up down the road. IOW, it's an ideal candidate for someone new taking a stab at it.

But I do think Tenchu is a good candidate too, it'd be interesting to see what a modern full-fledged stealth game would look like. Both are better than Demons Souls.

Ah that sucks, hopefully it gets a reboot/remake soon, might have to pick it up on the PS1!

I never really loved Tenchu, the first one was pretty good but I never really loved the others, maybe I just need to be more open minded, who knows maybe all these Samurai Games will make Tenchu even better as there will never be a better time to be a Samurai game with the success of Nioh, Sekiro and the inevitable success of Nioh 2 and GOT.

I will happily take Tenchu if there are other exclusives at/near launch, but that or Demon Souls as our sole exclusive doesn't make me very excited.

This is out of left field of true. The PlayStation games were good but there really hasn't been any demand for a Tenchu games since the PS2, And we've had better samurai games since then so it's not like there's a desperate gap in the market.

However I seem to recall Bluepoint teasing a remaster that "Nobody will be expecting" so if true, they weren't wrong about that.

This is out of left field of true. The PlayStation games were good but there really hasn't been any demand for a Tenchu games since the PS2, And we've had better samurai games since then so it's not like there's a desperate gap in the market.

However I seem to recall Bluepoint teasing a remaster that "Nobody will be expecting" so if true, they weren't wrong about that.

We have? Which ones?

Also this game is a Ninja game which is a sorely lacking category.

I dont see how Bluepoint would be able to make the old games viable again without a complete overhaul of the gameplay/level design/etc/etc to the point where they are basically new games. At the time they worked but they have not aged well.

diffusionx

Gold Member
We have? Which ones?

Also this game is a Ninja game which is a sorely lacking category.

I dont see how Bluepoint would be able to make the old games viable again without a complete overhaul of the gameplay/level design/etc/etc to the point where they are basically new games. At the time they worked but they have not aged well.

Didn't Bluepoint say that this next project was their most ambitious? I'm not saying this is it, but it fits.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I am completely torn.
On one hand, i was really hyped for Demons souls, but ive played the original.
On the other hand, i have very little idea about Tenchu and why not play a new game which Ive never played and which for sure will look good.

sublimit

Banned
If this ends up being false i hope GAF starts baning random rumor threads from random reddit users in the future.

Lol. Because souls games are the only games that require that don't they? Is that the best you have? You feel big? :D

Majority of the games that are being released these days are all hand holding and super easy to beat, because gamers want instant gratification and you know that's true.

Panaphonics

Banned
Majority of the games that are being released these days are all hand holding and super easy to beat, because gamers want instant gratification and you know that's true.

Ori wants a word with you
Hollow knight wants a word with you
Blasphemous wants a word with you

zeorhymer

Tenchu eh? It was a combination of Hitman and Tomb Raider. I vaguely remember playing it and I don't think the mechanics held up very well. Sekiro already does this, but basically combat during boss battles. Not sure how they will bring the mechanics up to modern standards.

Tenchu sucks, would be a waste of time.

giphy.gif

kiphalfton

Gold Member
They REMADE 3 games? You sure?

Context is key here man, seriously think about what you are posting, please. Uncharted collection was a REMASTER of last gen games. Tenchu is a series from Playstation 1 and to say it will be the first 3 games, means 2 of them are PS1 games and the PS2 title they put out. It very much says clearly "a REMAKE".

Uncharted 1-3 on PS4 was not a remake. They did not put the game in some new engine and start changing design and having different models etc. Thats clearly not what happened with Uncharted.

SoTC on PS4 was a remake.

A massive, massive difference here.

kiphalfton kiphalfton What about it? Those titles were also much smaller in scale. Its very doubtful this team is remaking all 3 games at once. If this is even true, what it be a REMASTER and resolution bump and not them legit remaking all 3 games. Thats like saying Konami is making a remake of the first 2 metal gear titles that were NES and oh on 1 release they are doing it. To remake Tenchu 1 is big, to expect the next 2 a bit of a stretch. Titles like that never get remade completely in batches like that, thats like expecting Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 all remade completely and released in 1 go on PS5 with never having a release prior.

Crash also clearly isn't the same scale as a Tenchu either so...

There's obvious distinctions between a remaster and a remake. Don't know why people act oblivious to the differences.

Uncharted Collection is a remaster
Crash Bandicoot Trilogy is a remake

Blond

Banned
Can someone explain why the remake of Demon's Souls by a company that hasn't produced any good game yet(bluepoint) generates such hype?

All Bluepoint has done so far is upgrading graphics for different old games.

Are people hyped so much for Demon's Souls with better graphics or what?

The same reason Limited Run sold Turok 1 & 2 for 40 dollars each. Nostalgia pays.

Koopatrol

Considering Shinobi replied "lol" to this on ERA, I doubt this is even remotely true lol. He seems to always get his shit right.

Still thinking it's Demon's Souls.

Geki-D

Banned
Unless they're completely rebooting the series, this doesn't go with the info we've been hearing. Exclusivity also makes no sense seeing as Sony have no connection to Tenchu, pretty sure Acti own the IP.

I wouldn't mind a Tenchu reboot, but I doubt this is it.

Different games but we haven't seen a BB since Ps1. I loved thise games. DS ain't that old compared to it.

I know it aint old, but i was talking about good/quality games.

Your post is literally the first time ive seen the name Bushido Blade mentioned since the games launch.

SleepDoctor - Waking the Dead.

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
I know it aint old, but i was talking about good/quality games.

Your post is literally the first time ive seen the name Bushido Blade mentioned since the games launch.

SleepDoctor - Waking the Dead.

I mentioned it before, along with the Kengo games from Ps2. This gen we got a lot pointless remasters like Bulletstorm, Borderlands, etc.

Would much rather get remasters of Soul Reaver, Blood Omen, Manhunt, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom