• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

I took the free psn copy for a spin and noticed something terrible!- see the season pass is $29.99 alone on psn, however you can get:

all 4 campaign DLC's:

Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty;
Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep

Plus:
Creature Slaughter Dome
Premiere Club Content:
Gaige, the Mechromancer Character Class
Gearbox Gun Pack
Golden Key
Vault Hunter's Relic
Krieg, the Psycho Character Class
Collector's Edition Heads and Skins;
Contraband Sky Rocket Grenade;
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1 which can get you to level 61

for $39.99 in the GOTY edition (for consoles).

Getting all the afformentioned would run about $60 on psn- just a heads up. all you would *need* is the $4.99 upgrade pack 2 to get you to level 72- rounding it out to about $45

I hear the new dlc is pretty crap- but just a heads up for anyone interested

Recall

Just bought my only piece of DLC in Tiny Tina's Assault and I think its pretty awesome.

Joystiq is reporting that the Xbox 360 version of Borderlands 2 (games on demand) and its DLC is going on sale tomorrow.

vixlar

ive been having so much fun since getting this on PS+. i had played as zero on the 360 and gotten up to the point where sanctuary goes up up and away and i couldnt hack it anymore solo. i just reached the same point, playing as salvador and having a blast while still soloing.

does the season pass ever go on sale? im definitely interested in most all of the DLC in the season pass, and ive also noticed there are standalone 2.99 packs and was wondering whats worth buying. like im seeing whats not included in the season pass and im curious as to whether theyre worth the money: creature slaughter dome, bloody harvest, wattle gobbler, the upcoming chrismas pack and the merchromancer and psycho pack. im mainly interested in story content (not so much the bonus 2 characters as i really dont want to start all over again) so any suggestions??

Season Pass on X360 is going on sale tomorrow Tuesday Dec 17th. 33% off

Friend got me this a couple weeks ago when the Steam sale was on, unfortunately it was only the vanilla edition but I'd take a free game any day. Since I had a spare 10 bucks on my Steam account that day I decided to buy the mechromancer off the character selection screen.

God damn this game is addicting, the combat and the humor are enough to get me hooked and do ~4 hour sessions. If I were to compare to anything it would be an ARPG similar to the Diablo series but with guns: the loot grind is addicting.

It's a shame that I never cared for the Borderlands series when they first released, even more so that rarely anyone is online to co-op with, oh well. Really want the Assault on Dragon Keep DLC, but yeah great game.

the new dlc is much much better than the last one. I think I prefer it out of the three. what helped was that even on op8 my fire weapons were actually useful due to the ice based enemies. will take you less than an hour to run through, but there are pretty good chests at the end, no new weapons though.

[STORY SPOILER POST]

So I just finished the part
where Bloodwing died.
Note that I haven't played the original Borderlands but damn,
Mordecai's reaction in that scene hit me in the feels, it might also have to do with me taking a liking since the dude was introduced (despite him sniping the varkid eggs I needed to mutate/hatch but whatevs).

vixlar

[STORY SPOILER POST]

where Bloodwing died.
Mordecai's reaction in that scene hit me in the feels, it might also have to do with me taking a liking since the dude was introduced (despite him sniping the varkid eggs I needed to mutate/hatch but whatevs).

On the plus side the Handsome Jack dialogues are really funny in that part.

On the plus side the Handsome Jack dialogues are really funny in that part.

Oh definitely. Handsome Jack is one of the best villains I list of all time, even if he is a douche.
When he was listing out the elements and forgetting explosion on purpose I was actually trying to think of what he was missing haha.

vixlar

Oh definitely. Handsome Jack is one of the best villains I list of all time, even if he is a douche.
When he was listing out the elements and forgetting explosion on purpose I was actually trying to think of what he was missing haha.

Yes, I did the same :-$

Mistel

Banned
[STORY SPOILER POST]

where Bloodwing died.

Yep borderlands in the first game didn't have many feels moments the second on is a vast improvement

Main plot spoiler
the story post bunker with angels and Roland dieing as well was very well done.

Jack has some of the best writing as a villain that rant before he dies bandera's worthy maybe?

Someone already took the code. Damn. Plus, it expired already.

And the final boss for the XMAS DLC is fantastic.

A giant Frosty that you fight to the tune of an epic "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen".

Mistel

Banned
Someone already took the code. Damn. Plus, it expired already.

And the final boss for the XMAS DLC is fantastic.

A giant Frosty that you fight to the tune of an epic "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen".

That sounds hilarious I'll get that and the other headhunter packs soon. As for story dlc the only one I didn't like was hammerlock's it was a bit slow, and maybe captain Scarlett's but I like her as a character. I would recommend tourge's dlc and dragons keep myself.

That sounds hilarious I'll get that and the other headhunter packs soon. As for story dlc the only one I didn't like was hammerlock's it was a bit slow, and maybe captain Scarlett's but I like her as a character. I would recommend tourge's dlc and dragons keep myself.

You can skip Warble Gobbler, it's by far the least creative of the three Headhunter packs.

Man the Mercenary DLC was short.

If you're interested in any of the Headhunter packs, buy them now while they're on sale because they're not worth full price.

How do higher difficulties work? Do I keep my character NG+ style? I ask because I am close to the finish line in this game, and I just hit level 30. I don't get how people are hitting 70+ unless it works that way.

Mistel

Banned
How do higher difficulties work? Do I keep my character NG+ style? I ask because I am close to the finish line in this game, and I just hit level 30. I don't get how people are hitting 70+ unless it works that way.

Your character is kept throughout the Ng+ and ++ games, as for levels that is mostly because people have been playing ultimate vault hunter mode which unlocks after true vault hunter mode. As the levels scale it means that ranking up is easier as long as you have the equipment to keep up.

May i ask what system you are using? I've got no issue helping you level up quickly in co-op, if you would like to it means that you access ultimate vault hunter mode faster if you want do the story as well.

Your character is kept throughout the Ng+ and ++ games, as for levels that is mostly because people have been playing ultimate vault hunter mode which unlocks after true vault hunter mode. As the levels scale it means that ranking up is easier as long as you have the equipment to keep up.

May i ask what system you are using? I've got no issue helping you level up quickly in co-op, if you would like to it means that you access ultimate vault hunter mode faster if you want do the story as well.
Thanks for the response.

I am good leveling on my own. Earning my levels is important. It teaches me to play the game.

Cincaid

Anyone looking for a coop partner on PC? I have all the DLC and would love to find a friendly dude (or dudette) to play with! I have a level 67 Mechromancer, but I'm fine with starting from level 1 if you want (or boost you up to UVHM)!

I'm in Sweden, so GMT+1. Mostly available during early day / afternoons. Username on Steam is "Cincaid".

Mistel

Banned
Thanks for the response.

I am good leveling on my own. Earning my levels is important. It teaches me to play the game.

No problem if your on 360 I've got some gea ryour welcome to have if you want it. It shouldn't take long it was easy with everyone apart from Maya for me.

Chris R

Is there a way to make characters at level 60 or whatever on PC? Played through the game once on my 360 and would rather not play through again starting at 1. I'd also like to try out some of the other classes, but again, not from level 1.

Mistel

Banned
Is there a way to make characters at level 60 or whatever on PC? Played through the game once on my 360 and would rather not play through again starting at 1. I'd also like to try out some of the other classes, but again, not from level 1.

A save editor should do it there is also one for loot as well .

Mistel

Banned
Loot I don't mind finding on my own, part of the charm of the game. Levels on the other hand!

I'll look into it, thanks.

I understand that some people's like perfect gear, with the right combination of parts for their characters builds.

nubbe

It is kinda hard to go from rock solid 60 FPS on the PC to 15FPS stop and go on the PS3 :p

The benefit of the PS3 is that there are tons of new people to play with

Fezan

Playing for the first time thanks to psn plus and find it overwhelming. Still no idea what i doing beside shooting stuff.
also need some.frends to paly game with.
psnid= fezanowais

Halcyon

Playing for the first time thanks to psn plus and find it overwhelming. Still no idea what i doing beside shooting stuff.
also need some.frends to paly game with.
psnid= fezanowais

I'm not home but I will play with you and explain the ropes a bit.

Add me: HalcyonTB12

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I just started playing this on PC and I'm really enjoying it. It is absolutely gorgeous too, which really helps.

One things though... all the characters are annoying. I swear the writers try to fit something funny into every single line. A little subtlety would be appreciated. It really feels like they're trying to make Portal-level jokes and failing. There's a funny line here or there, but they should have been more selective on what they include for comedy in the game.

But in terms of gameplay I'm enjoying it outside of the so far sameish enemies compared to the first.

Fezan

Guys gettong some strange issues. Till a day before testerday i was able to join any game and play through match browser and since yesterday any body could join my gane and quick match was working. But today i cant connect to any server or nobody else is able to join me. Gives me connection failed could not connect to host error.

Anyone else having problems with the game? Falling through ground and stuff?
What platform? I've played hours on the 360 and have had little to no problems.

Are Golden Keys still being given out? I just started playing the game again after taking some time off and want some different gear

Anyone on PS3 mind helping me take on Terramorphous? I'm maxed out at level 50 with Maya and dont have the bee or conference call. I just want to beat him and complete ths mission already. Or if anyone has any tips on beating him solo that's cool too.

*edit*

Nevermind, just got it done!

Bubbins

Is the GOTY worth $40? I played borderlands 2 on ps3 and sold it, but thought about double dipping for the DLC. I still have all my old saves, so i would just be playing the DLC; so basically, is the DLC worth $40?

I'm testing out Money Shot + Inconceivable, but whenever I'm on my last round and Inconceivable procs, Money Shot doesn't proc, is this normal?

Trying it with a Jakob shotgun.

Terra

Well, I have been playing this game on my laptop with 360 controller for the last 6 months. But it was not until just the other day when I decided to make a good run for completing the main quest.

And here I am. Just finished the final fight...and man. What a glorious game this is! The voice acting and music is amazing too.

I am a sparse gamer nowadays. The last games that caught my attention has been Xenoblade and Skyrim. But Borderlands is up there with those two!

So...where do I go now with my level 30 Assassin? Any tips on where to start?

And yeah...where do I get keys so I can open the chest in Sanctuary??

Terra

Thanks. Seems like you need to sign up and stuff for this. Nothing that I´m too fond of...new passwords and accounts & stuff.

Just finished Badass Crater DLC and Captain Scarlet DLC.
Found some nice loot after
beating Levathian.
The
lootsplosion
in the Badass Crater wasn´t too good.

Now...thinking of doing either Tiny Tina DLC or Sir Hammerlocks DLC with my level 33 Assassin. Wich one do you recommend?

Insaniac

Thanks. Seems like you need to sign up and stuff for this. Nothing that I´m too fond of...new passwords and accounts & stuff.

Just finished Badass Crater DLC and Captain Scarlet DLC.
Found some nice loot after
beating Levathian.
The
lootsplosion
in the Badass Crater wasn´t too good.

Now...thinking of doing either Tiny Tina DLC or Sir Hammerlocks DLC with my level 33 Assassin. Wich one do you recommend?

Tiny Tina DLC is totally worth it. Hammerlock on the other hand is a whole lotta meh

(unless you already have both then do hammerlock first and save the best for last)

BhWih-SCEAAaIZA.jpg:large

Top Bottom