• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

one85x

Is the DLC actually worth it?
If you know you're really going to get into the game, sure. The GoTY edition adds a 3rd playthrough, 22 extra levels, 4 DLC campaigns, and 2 new characters. That's a lot of stuff you don't need if you aren't particularly crazy about the game.

How is the community in this game on the 360 these days? CoD is a pile of steaming shit and I'm looking for a new multiplayer game.

Should I get the GoTY? Will I have people to play with?

Defyler

Yikes these new dlcs past Dragon Keep look really rough.

I haven't gotten on much since finishing dragon keep thoroughly.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I bought Dragon Keep a while back and never got around to playing it. I beat the Torgue DLC and am working my way through Scarlett but I'm finding it hard to keep myself motivated to play through the rest of the Scarlett DLC since all the areas are so boring. Just sand after sand after more sand. I'm wondering if I should even bother with Hammerlock's Hunt or just go straight to Dragon Keep.

I bought Dragon Keep a while back and never got around to playing it. I beat the Torgue DLC and am working my way through Scarlett but I'm finding it hard to keep myself motivated to play through the rest of the Scarlett DLC since all the areas are so boring. Just sand after sand after more sand. I'm wondering if I should even bother with Hammerlock's Hunt or just go straight to Dragon Keep.

Just go straight to Dragons keep. It's good. If after that you still want to play more then do the others.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just go straight to Dragons keep. It's good. If after that you still want to play more then do the others.

Gotcha. Maybe I'll do that, I haven't been motivated to play BL2 in a few months because I can't be bothered with Scarlett. Maybe I'll make one final push to finish the DLC and if I can't then I'll just move onto Dragon Keep.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What's the best class for someone who's not that good with FPS? I'd love to play this game with my girlfriend since its a bit like a FPS version of Diablo/WoW(she's a bit of a WoW addict like me :p) with all the loot, quests, farming there is and the different talents/trees to choose, but she kinda sucks playing FPS lol.

What's the best class for someone who's not that good with FPS? I'd love to play this game with my girlfriend since its a bit like a FPS version of Diablo/WoW(she's a bit of a WoW addict like me :p) with all the loot, quests, farming there is and the different talents/trees to choose, but she kinda sucks playing FPS lol.

I would say Axton probably since you get a turret to help you do some of the shooting. BL2 is not really a hardcore FPS like Quake so I think your skills will be more than adequate.

So with Borderlands 2 coming to PS+ and I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Let's talk DLC, what are the must-haves and what are the ignores?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I actually think Gaige is pretty OP. Just buff the crap out of Claptrap and drop him whenever possible.

Inskipp

Gaige and Axton are both good characters to start with. The ability to spawn an NPC to draw aggro + support fire is really handy throughout the game.

Vodh

So how's the game at level 72? I absolutely hated TVHM and UVHM because I don't play Borderlands for the 'challenge' of taking ages to kill trash mobs while being underpowered, is this just more of the same or did they actually implement any endgame mode where you don't feel like an absolute gimp?

I played a ton of this game, but I think I've ended up burning out on it a lot faster (and a lot harder) than I did with Borderlands 1. I've only beaten the Pirate DLC and haven't had ANY urge to finish any of the others.

I think the big thing that's held me back from playing more is just how much harder the NG+ mode is (or NG++, can't quite remember). It's probably a lot more manageable in multiplayer, but I always played B1 solo and had a great time with it. In B2 I just hit a brick wall and it stops being fun. For example, it's hard to play a gunzerker when I get kill almost instantly (even with maxed out health+regen upgrades). I spent so long grinding the Conference Call and Bee and they were amazing, until they nerfed the Bee. It still seems to be the only thing that lets me do any decent damage in the higher difficulty, but it doesn't seem to be nearly as good as it was.

I think the problem with Ultimate in this game was it's the same shit you just need to slag enemies first.

As a gunzerker get your self a slag Grog Nozzle in one hand and whatever else in the other and you'll burn through everything.

Example

I was disappointed cause as a zero the only way I can be viable in Ultimate is by using this gun with a melee spec and leaching health with every hit. It's fun but there is really no other way to make him viable.

Mistel

Banned
I played a ton of this game, but I think I've ended up burning out on it a lot faster (and a lot harder) than I did with Borderlands 1. I've only beaten the Pirate DLC and haven't had ANY urge to finish any of the others.

I think the big thing that's held me back from playing more is just how much harder the NG+ mode is (or NG++, can't quite remember). It's probably a lot more manageable in multiplayer, but I always played B1 solo and had a great time with it. In B2 I just hit a brick wall and it stops being fun. For example, it's hard to play a gunzerker when I get kill almost instantly (even with maxed out health+regen upgrades). I spent so long grinding the Conference Call and Bee and they were amazing, until they nerfed the Bee. It still seems to be the only thing that lets me do any decent damage in the higher difficulty, but it doesn't seem to be nearly as good as it was.

I'd say at least give Mr tourge's dlc a go and maybe tiny tina's a go they both have decent equipment and good chests the badness crater of badassitude has some of the best e-tech rates I've seen in the game.

As for the equipment issue under leveled gear only really worked in ultimate vault hunter with gaige due to anarchy in my experience.

As for myself I've got to get my bandit build gaige to 72 from 66 ish hopefully someone will give me another terramorphus hide shield again like my first one at 61 and start another Axton or Krieg play through.

Edit also buy the headhunter packs as well as I've not got any.

velociraptor

How big should I make my backpack?

Is 27 slots enough?

Also, I have 3 golden keys. What is the best time to use them? What is the level cap in this game?

velociraptor

GET ALL the backpacks, then you make sure that you always pick up that rare drop if it happens.
Same goos for your vault get it all.
So I should buy all the backpack slots? How do I know what is a rare drop?

Is it easier to get good loot in coop or solo? The only thing that bothers me about coop is that everyone runs to pick up the good shit!

Mistel

Banned
So I should buy all the backpack slots? How do I know what is a rare drop?

Is it easier to get good loot in coop or solo? The only thing that bothers me about coop is that everyone runs to pick up the good shit!
Loot is arranged in white, green, blue(most uniques are blue and have red text), purple,orange, seraph, pearlesant (cyan)

It's in one of the splash screens as a limerick in the base game when grandma burps patrick obeys or something similar.

Loot drops do improve in co-op what system are you on?

velociraptor

Loot is arranged in white, green, blue(most uniques are blue and have red text), purple,orange, seraph, pearlesant (cyan)

It's in one of the splash screens as a limerick in the base game when grandma burps patrick obeys or something similar.

Loot drops do improve in co-op what system are you on?
PC.

Mistel

Banned
Sweet, thanks!

Should I always sell stuff that is under-leveled, even if it's pink coloured loot?

Yes with the way loot works a less rare weapon but a higher rank I'd better than lower ranked rare weapons.

It also on a splash screen which says the same thing pretty much.

Mistel

Banned
72. Gear, on the other hand, can go up to Overpower Level 8; think of it as Level 80.

the last skill points received at 72 allow for pretty much 2 and a bit full skill trees which, allows for some nice builds along with the right class mods to pretty much dominate a large number of enemy's depending on what sort of play style you have or enjoy.

Hopefully borderlands 3 has a high level cap and varied classes from the get go.

Vazduh

How to pass the "I Like My Monsters Rare" quest (Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt DLC)? I need to kill 4 more pink boroks, but they don't spawn at all (googled where to find most frequent spawn points). Tried multiple times exiting and entering the game also, but nothing happens.

The most luck I've had with pink boroks has been in that area just after the waterfall, and the upper area around where that crusher machine is.

Do I need to be online to play this?
I installed all the game of the year content & downloaded a patch for it from that disc.

Will it let me play off the main disc without going online, or is there some online patch that I need to download again to be able to play?

Also is it worth playing solo, or should I just immediately jump into co-op play?

Zuly

Do I need to be online to play this?
I installed all the game of the year content & downloaded a patch for it from that disc.

Will it let me play off the main disc without going online, or is there some online patch that I need to download again to be able to play?

Also is it worth playing solo, or should I just immediately jump into co-op play?

You can safely play offline. However, I believe (and please correct me if I'm wrong), hotfixes are only installed once you go online.

If you don't plan on diving into much higher difficulties, you are safe to play on your own. UVHM and up, while still doable solo, can be a little difficult unless you are properly equipped.

ive been having so much fun since getting this on PS+. i had played as zero on the 360 and gotten up to the point where sanctuary goes up up and away and i couldnt hack it anymore solo. i just reached the same point, playing as salvador and having a blast while still soloing.

does the season pass ever go on sale? im definitely interested in most all of the DLC in the season pass, and ive also noticed there are standalone 2.99 packs and was wondering whats worth buying. like im seeing whats not included in the season pass and im curious as to whether theyre worth the money: creature slaughter dome, bloody harvest, wattle gobbler, the upcoming chrismas pack and the merchromancer and psycho pack. im mainly interested in story content (not so much the bonus 2 characters as i really dont want to start all over again) so any suggestions??

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
ive been having so much fun since getting this on PS+. i had played as zero on the 360 and gotten up to the point where sanctuary goes up up and away and i couldnt hack it anymore solo. i just reached the same point, playing as salvador and having a blast while still soloing.

does the season pass ever go on sale? im definitely interested in most all of the DLC in the season pass, and ive also noticed there are standalone 2.99 packs and was wondering whats worth buying. like im seeing whats not included in the season pass and im curious as to whether theyre worth the money: creature slaughter dome, bloody harvest, wattle gobbler, the upcoming chrismas pack and the merchromancer and psycho pack. im mainly interested in story content (not so much the bonus 2 characters as i really dont want to start all over again) so any suggestions??

The non-season pass content isn't worth it, although the 2 additional characters are pretty fun. As far as the DLC, I didn't really like the Torgue campaign, and the Scarlett campaign is dragging pretty hard as well. From what I understand Tiny Tina's campaign is the best, so if you don't want to get the season pass (I wouldn't recommend it) just get that one.

Top Bottom