• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection |OT| All Jacked Up

Can't wait to jump in to this tomorrow. Great OT!

Getting my copy on X1. If any fellow GAFer's want to play, my GT: here4payne

QuikNez

Only played the BL2 Vita version, which although good, was flakey as fuck.

I can't wait to play in HD and hopefully some stability!

Derpyduck

Banned
Already did the preload on PSN along with Bloodborne. 60 gigs of greatness. I played the shit outa BL2 when it came out but never did any of the DLC, so I have a lot of content to get through. Never touched Pre-sequel either. This should wash the taste of Destiny away.

PS3 vs PS4 version comparison. Make sure you watch it in 60 fps.

Salz01

I'm tempted. Have B2 and all it's content on PC. Just wondering how PreSequel compares. Know its not all that well liked on here. Might just wait for a price drop and pick this up.

HigXx

So I've tried to get into Borderlands but it always feels like theres way to much information at once and I get a bit lost, but since then I've kinda been addicted to Destiny, a game I thought I would never like, should I try this out again?

AdaWong

The OP section of TPS bonuses should be edited from:

-Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack (playable class)
-Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack: The Holodome Onslaught (level cap increase & -challenge arena)
-Shock Drop Slaughter Pit (challenge arena)
-Upcoming Season Pass Content (playable class)
-Upcoming Season Pass Content (campain add on)
-Claptastic Voyage*

To:
-Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack: The Holodome Onslaught (level cap increase & -challenge arena)
-Aurelia the Baroness (playable class)
-Claptastic Voyage* (campaign add on)

Right now, it's implying that there will be one more campaign add on, which is not the case as CV is the last DLC for TPS. :)

So I've tried to get into Borderlands but it always feels like theres way to much information at once and I get a bit lost, but since then I've kinda been addicted to Destiny, a game I thought I would never like, should I try this out again?

YES. Yes yes and a million yesses. Any Destiny player should love this game.

hydruxo

The OP section of TPS bonuses should be edited from:

-Upcoming Season Pass Content (playable class)
-Upcoming Season Pass Content (campain add on)
-Claptastic Voyage*

To:
-Aurelia the Baroness (playable class)
-Claptastic Voyage* (campaign add on)

Right now, it's implying that there will be one more campaign add on, which is not the case as CV is the last DLC for TPS. :)

Changed! Thanks :)

VanWinkle

So was The Pre-Sequel pretty good? I am worried that because it's just one location it will get kind of boring or sterile.

Vkandrew

Only ever played borderlands 1 a little bit. Will get this sometime soon I hope. Question though, would I be better off playing borderlands 2 or the pre-sequel first?

AdaWong

Changed! Thanks :)
:D

2 player splitscreen? I'm there.
Pfft. 2 player splitscreen is old news, try FOUR players splitscreen!

So was The Pre-Sequel pretty good? I am worried that because it's just one location it will get kind of boring or sterile.

It is good, the only problem was the almost non-existent end game content, but it will be completely resolved in this collection as you will be getting two more playable characters (who are really unique) and you will get 2 more side missions (the challenging arenas) and you will be getting Claptastic Voyage (the TTAoDK DLC of TPS). If that was not enough (somehow) then you'll like the fact that you will be playing a patched version of the game which has RESPAWNABLE bosses! (And one bazzilion fixes, too)

Tl;dr yes.

Only ever played borderlands 1 a little bit. Will get this sometime soon I hope. Question though, would I be better off playing borderlands 2 or the pre-sequel first?

I would suggest BL2 first then BLTPS. Even though chronologically, TPS comes first, but TPS has some spoilers for BL2 (the intro scene of TPS is AFTER the events of BL2). Besides, you will miss a lot of references and you probably won't understand some things here and there related to plot.

RoKKeR

Will be keeping my eye on the price of this. Would really love to play the Pre-Sequel but i've got not interest in it at $60. Borderlands on the new consoles is very tempting however.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Completely wrote this off but then I read this and see it has 4 player splitscreen? Holy shit, just went from an I don't care to a potential must purchase. Gonna wait for it to come down in price
and controllers to do so first
though.

Ledhead

I think I will pick this up during the summer drought. What with Bloodborne and Hardline, i'm already pretty busy gaming wise. Still, what a metric fuck ton of content, can't wait to eventually play the pre-sequel+all the dlc I missed out on

VanWinkle

It is good, the only problem was the almost non-existent end game content, but it will be completely resolved in this collection as you will be getting two more playable characters (who are really unique) and you will get 2 more side missions (the challenging arenas) and you will be getting Claptastic Voyage (the TTAoDK DLC of TPS). If that was not enough (somehow) then you'll like the fact that you will be playing a patched version of the game which has RESPAWNABLE bosses! (And one bazzilion fixes, too)

Tl;dr yes.

Thanks! Did you ever feel bored by the moon being the only location in the game?

Apparently none of my friends are interested in buying this, but I am. If any PS4 folk are grabbing it and want come company, add chapanoid on PSN

jesu

Will likely get it on Friday and start with the pre-sequel.God knows when I'll find time to get started though.

AdaWong

Did anyone here who played the pre-sequel find the oxygen mechanics annoying? I remember watching the Giant Bomb quick look thinking that would get obnoxious.

Don't believe there is one.

At first you'll feel like they are going to be tedious, but it's surprising how fast you'll get used to them. It becomes second nature without even realizing it.

Thanks! Did you ever feel bored by the moon being the only location in the game?

There are multiple locations IN the moon, they're all pretty different. However, yeah, the general atmosphere feels identical. But you won't feel completely worn out from the locations from the first playthrough at least. It's a flaw that the locations feel similar, but I wouldn't say this stops it from being a good BL game. I mean, it's more Borderlands! Can't go wrong with that. Have you played BL2?

Did anyone here who played the pre-sequel find the oxygen mechanics annoying? I remember watching the Giant Bomb quick look thinking that would get obnoxious.

Nope, I never ran out of oxygen. If I remember correctly that QL they never ran out of O2 either. There are spots all over the maps to refill it, even enemies drop it. Also the mechanic (jump/stomp) is fun.

edit: forgot to mention, not all of the game is in a vacuum, there are lots of locations with air.

lt519

So tempted to buy this. Played the shit out of Borderlands 2 on the PC but never got any of the DLC and haven't touched TPS. On my list, but it's going to have to wait a bit.

hydruxo

Absolutely man, give it another shot. Especially with all the DLC packs included, you really can't go wrong.

VanWinkle

There are multiple locations IN the moon, they're all pretty different. However, yeah, the general atmosphere feels identical. But you won't feel completely worn out from the locations from the first playthrough at least. It's a flaw that the locations feel similar, but I wouldn't say this stops it from being a good BL game. I mean, it's more Borderlands! Can't go wrong with that. Have you played BL2?

I played through about a quarter of it, so most of it will be new to me on here, not even to mention all of the DLC. But I do have to say that one thing I really liked on BL2 that I played was the variety of environments. I don't think it's a dealbreaker that TPS is only on the moon, though. I really like the gameplay and tone of the series.

nubbe

O2 is a powerup and really fun to use
I find myself missing it GREATLY when I play BL2

Hope they add it to BL3

AdaWong

I played through about a quarter of it, so most of it will be new to me on here, not even to mention all of the DLC. But I do have to say that one thing I really liked on BL2 that I played was the variety of environments. I don't think it's a dealbreaker that TPS is only on the moon, though. I really like the gameplay and tone of the series.

I thought you were getting this solely for TPS. In that case, you have no excuse. [TinyTinaVoice] You will get this and YOU WILL LOVE IT. [/TinyTinaVoice]

Subbed! I still don't have a next gen console, but as soon as I get one I will buy this beast.

|OT| A bazillion hours of content

AdaWong

I have my order waiting for payment but I don't feel like getting it

Should I cancel the order?

Depends, do you want the game or do you want a controllable Claptrap?

Are you a collectionist? Do you have a lot of people you know that like BL and you'll have the luxury of showing this off to them? Do you thing Claptrap is the best character in the whole world? If so, no, don't cancel.

Do you only want the game? Do you not care about figurines or video game merch? Do you not like Claptrap? If so, yes, cancel that order right away.

mike4001_

Is there a way to convert my 360 save file to get it on the PS3? I really want the PS4 version.

There are programs out there which can read the xbox 360 savegame and save it as a PS3 savegame. You have to google a bit for that.

EDIT: Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y53Oo866UnU

You obvisouly also need the PS3 version of the game to load the save and upload it.

But that said: If you also own an X1, these remasters tend to have same performance, you will not gain much with the PS4 version (if all your friends are there, this is another point of course)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Will this include the PhysX effects from the glorious PC versions?

I can't go back after experiencing them...

thenexus6

I played through Borderlands and most of the DLC so I am not really looking to play that, mostly I just want TPS. Because of that I think I might wait a few weeks it a slight price drop. But I am super looking forward to play BL again!

Kadin

The update is live on 360 for TPS for people wanting to upload their saves (BL2's was up last week). Probably up for PS3 as well I imagine but I don't have the game on that so can't check.

I've got 50 bucks PSN credit which I'm trying to decided whether it should go to this or Bloodborne. I'm not sure which one will get cheaper faster

bebop242

I've got 50 bucks PSN credit which I'm trying to decided whether it should go to this or Bloodborne. I'm not sure which one will get cheaper faster

no doubt this will drop sooner. Its actually making me rethink getting now and maybe just wait for a price drop/sale.

Top Bottom