• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection |OT| All Jacked Up

EU release is mar 27.

I'll get this, no idea yet if physical or digital.

Does it come with some sort of redeemable codes? Or is everything on-disc?

I believe everything is inside the disc.

So jealous... Brazilian release is today, but only for the digital version. The disc version, which is the one I want, will only arrive in April 25th.

AdaWong

Heads up! Not sure about the X360/PS3 versions, but the patch that will enable cross-save for the PS Vita version of BL2 is now live! It states that it fixes various bugs, too.

Heads up! Not sure about the X360/PS3 versions, but the patch that will enable cross-save for the PS Vita version of BL2 is now live! It states that it fixes various bugs, too.

Excellent, man maybe I will do it. I put 27 hours into the Vita version and never finished it. Would be great to finish it on PS4

Yep. You're lucky. ;)

Eastern time is the best, everyone wins unlike stupid Pacific time

I want this, but I already own BL2 both on PS3 via PS+ along with a separate disc with some DLC and BL2 on the Vita and to be honest, I've spent more time playing Tales from the Borderlands than BL2 itself so I can't really justify getting it at launch.

Maybe a few months down the line when I actually get round to finishing the game plus DLC I'll invest in the rest of the DLC and TPS.

I want this, but I already own BL2 both on PS3 via PS+ along with a separate disc with some DLC and BL2 on the Vita and to be honest, I've spent more time playing Tales from the Borderlands than BL2 itself so I can't really justify getting it at launch.

Maybe a few months down the line when I actually get round to finishing the game plus DLC I'll invest in the rest of the DLC and TPS.

I own it on Vita, PS3 and PC. Pretty good game

Fuz

Banned
I played the crap out of Borderlands 2 and its various add ons. So much fun. 100s of hours of co-op glory. Don't really want to do it all again.

Buuuuuuut... I'm tempted just for the Pre-Sequel content.

tps is pretty terrible.

(Might be useful to add that I'm a huge fan of BL & BL2)

Kadin

I know a lot of people plan to play a fresh new save for these games but don't forget, it's still worth importing your saves for the 75 golden keys and a "healthy chunk" of Badass Rank for each game (if you have a save for both from previous versions) as well as some bonus customizations and guns.

I see a lot of people dismissing this option and just wanted to point it out in case some of you missed this part.

Damn, this is a pretty bullshit port outside of couch-coop I guess.

Are the PS4/Xbone even capable of PhysX?

Probably, but it's an Nvidia technology right? And the consoles use AMD internals? I know it was possible to brute force it on PC with AMD tech but it's easy to see why they might not have done the same with the consoles. Shame though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really excited to play this in three months when the price drops to $30. I'm especially excited to see how it compares to Destiny. Having put a ton of time into both BL2 and Destiny, they feel pretty neck and neck to me, with BL2 being better in a lot of ways.

BokehKing

Banned
I'm really excited to play this in three months when the price drops to $30. I'm especially excited to see how it compares to Destiny. Having put a ton of time into both BL2 and Destiny, they feel pretty neck and neck to me, with BL2 being better in a lot of ways.

Will this have matchmaking for BL2 raids?

I forgot, how were they launched in Captain Scarlett?

Yoday

I put quite a few hours into BL2 but never actually finished it, so I'll eventually be picking this up when it gets cheap enough that a few friends pick it up too.

As far I'm aware I've never come across a fps fame on consoles that has a FOV slider.

It's not common at all on consoles, I can only think of two games that have it - GTA V and Warframe. The only reason I asked if this game has one is because I think the FoV is unusually low. I don't know if it actually is, but that's just how it looks to me.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It's not common at all on consoles, I can only think of two games that have it - GTA V and Warframe. The only reason I asked if this game has one is because I think the FoV is unusually low. I don't know if it actually is, but that's just how it looks to me.

Shadow Warrior had it

Kadin

So Amazon has this listed as "Available now" if you choose the digital code.

Anyone brave enough to try it?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SHXKC8M/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Probably just allowing you to preload the game as it activates in just over 3 hours from now.

Pumped for this.

Got it preloaded and ready to go. Won't be able to dive in until tomorrow though.
Make sure you fire it up tonight when it activates to get the new content/day 1 patch.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I have BL2 GotY on 360, but haven't finished it, nor have I played the Pre Sequel. I'll probably grab this when it goes on sale.

Kadin

Ill do it in the morning before school. Thanks !

Would it auto download if I put in sleep mode tonight ?
It should. I've had bad luck on my XB1 with it downloading patches, etc. when it's in standby so I'm not a big believer in it still.

venom2124

So I'm thinking of using all my PS3 borderlands 2 golden keys tonight before I transfer over my save to the ps4 handsome collection tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I read that your current key balance doesn't transfer over but they will give you some for your save. Can anyone verify that my old keys will be useless once I transfer my saves to the handsome collection?

hydruxo

So I'm thinking of using all my PS3 borderlands 2 golden keys tonight before I transfer over my save to the ps4 handsome collection tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I read that your current key balance doesn't transfer over but they will give you some for your save. Can anyone verify that my old keys will be useless once I transfer my saves to the handsome collection?

They don't transfer over, but you get 75 keys instead:

When you transfer your save, here’s what comes along with it:

-Character level and all mission progress
-Badass Points (all of these will transfer, but you’ll get to re-spend them)
-Backpack inventory
-Weapon slots
-Cash and Eridum/Moonstones
-All unlocked character customizations (heads/skins) ***note that customizations obtained from Telltale’s Poker Night 2 will be added in a patch following launch***
-Items stored in the bank in Sanctuary
-Note that items stored in Claptrap’s Secret Stash in Borderlands 2 will NOT transfer along with your save, so be sure to move anything you can’t live without to the bank. Trophies and Achievements will also not transfer over and will need to be re-earned.

Your Golden Key balance will also not transfer. However, as a reward for playing Borderlands 2 and/or Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, all players will receive the following bonuses upon signing into SHiFT in The Handsome Collection for the first time:

Borderlands 2

-75 Golden Keys
-A healthy chunk of Badass Rank
-Bonus character customizations

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

-75 Golden Keys
-A healthy chunk of Badass Rank
-Bonus unique weapons and character customizations

Derpyduck

Banned
This guy is nice and all, but he doesn't seem to realize that his main draw at the moment is that he has Borderlands 2 on PS4 and no one else does.
He's an aspiring Twitch celebrity, which means he's wanting to make money off streaming, so he is begging for subscribers. That turned me off so I tuned out. He did say there are some frame rate drops but for the most part it's 60.

Top Bottom