• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection |OT| All Jacked Up

El_Chino

From a performance standpoint, I couldn't honestly say. Everything I've read doesn't seem to indicate one being really better than the other. Randy recently said the biggest gap improvement would be for PS3 => PS4.

As far as content included, they're both identical.
Would be legitimately shocked if the XO version didn't hold up.

How many here are getting it from Best Buy with Gcu?

I just started downloading this. I'm hoping its all done before midnight as others have already got the whole thing. Seems reasonably fast.

Gonna be getting this game for sure..think I will get it on the X1 since this game requires a pretty large installation dont have enough room on the PS4 for it on the X1 I have plenty of room

Dragnet

Is there any news on how the DLC works? Do you get a code in the box or is it on the disk? I've got some CeX credit and would prefer to use that on a used copy and save some money, but if I'm gonna miss out on content then...

Can't wait!

Would like to know this as well.

theres a cross save entry on the main menu, seems like you can import characters anytime you wish. 60fps btw, beginning of BL2, no idea if itll last, but its nice. seems to be a match for pc version on max, don't yet know if it has physx.

Can't tell if theres an AF issue on my ps4 version, looks like its at least 4x AF, hard to tell with the icy textures, will update when i get out of the starter area.

Kadin

Anyone having issues with SHiFT and looking at the Downloadable Content? I can't get into either and importing my saves hasn't given me any of the perks.

U2NUMB

Just fired up pre sequal on x1... Runs well.. But...Some nasty screen tearing right off the bat. Excited to get into this game.

Kadin

Just fired up pre sequal on x1... Runs well.. But...Some nasty screen tearing right off the bat. Excited to get into this game.
Yeah I immediately noticed the screen tearing as well. Not happy if that's what I need to suffer through to get the 60fps. No Vsync option in the settings either... :(

yoplay

does the game have a sizable amount of phys-x? Would love for it to have this feature which pc players enjoyed in their versions.

I'll be picking this up with Bloodborne in the morning. My fiancé and I are going to split screen it. Is it 30fps in 2 player split screen or only 4 player split screen?

Do you only have once chance to transfer saves at the beginning? Or can I start a new game then transfer it?

Would like to know this as well.

You go to your Xbox 360/PS3 Borderlands 2 game, select a character, and choose 'cloud save' from the title screen (where it says 'continue, new game, etc.). You'll upload the character you have selected. Switch to current gen and choose 'cloud saves' and download the character.

You can do this for as many characters as you want at any point.

Source: I just checked now- just for you two.

Edit: It would also appear achievements do not carry over. Logging into my level 50, I got the achievement for having all purple or higher gear equipped and nothing else. So it only gives you achievements it detects you getting on that console.

Edit 2: Though I just fast traveled to an area and got the 'unlocked all sections of x map' so that is cool. But yeah- just what it detects.

Kadin

Loyalty Rewards are temp delayed.

But here's 25 Golden Keys until the 31st.

BL2:
PS3/PS4/Vita: KTKTT-ZSFWS-R3CHC-9BW33-3JW3H
Xbox 360 / Xbox One: CJC33-KHBCW-FHF6Z-C6JTB-F9395
PC / Mac: WBK3T-BKW6T-TXTRK-JTTBT-C6BS5

BL:TPS
PS3/PS4: 555JT-6TTX5-SFBKT-HTW33-T3F3T
Xbox 360/Xbox One: 555JT-6TTT9-KCFJX-CXT33-T3FBC
PC/Mac/Linux: KKWBJ-6B5FJ-3JJBT-JBBJB-WWH6X

U2NUMB

OK yep if screen tearing bugs you stay away on the x1. I normally do not mind but its down right jarring so far for me. Running and looking around is at times a nasty sideways slideshow. Sorta bummed :(

Revson

Thanks burritosenior.

Playing on XB1, does the framerate seem inconsistent to anyone else? Maybe It's just my eyes..

Thanks burritosenior.

Playing on XB1, does the framerate seem inconsistent to anyone else? Maybe It's just my eyes..

i answered that question like 15 posts ago FYI :p framerate on BL2 seems fine so far on ps4, cant speak for xb1 or TPS. no tearing that i can spot on BL2, trying TPS now :D

Loyalty Rewards are temp delayed.

But here's 25 Golden Keys until the 31st.

BL2:
PS3/PS4/Vita: KTKTT-ZSFWS-R3CHC-9BW33-3JW3H
Xbox 360 / Xbox One: CJC33-KHBCW-FHF6Z-C6JTB-F9395
PC / Mac: WBK3T-BKW6T-TXTRK-JTTBT-C6BS5

BL:TPS
PS3/PS4: 555JT-6TTX5-SFBKT-HTW33-T3F3T
Xbox 360/Xbox One: 555JT-6TTT9-KCFJX-CXT33-T3FBC
PC/Mac/Linux: KKWBJ-6B5FJ-3JJBT-JBBJB-WWH6X

lol gives me time to rent the presequel on 360 and then transfer over for them rewards

oh man kinda disappointed about the screen tearing stuff..

bebop242

i answered that question like 15 posts ago FYI :p framerate on BL2 seems fine so far on ps4, cant speak for xb1 or TPS. no tearing that i can spot on BL2, trying TPS now :D

Im interested in your impressions, particularly if there is any screen tearing for TPS on PS4. This is a potential reason for me to skip this for now.

Revson

lol, sorry! :)

Haven't really noticed any screen tearing in BL2, but it definitely doesn't feel like a solid 60fps on XB1. I'll have to play more tomorrow.

I have never played any Borderlands games before. Of all the stuff this comes with, what should I go for first? Gut feeling says release order, so that would mean 2 first, then pre-sequel? How about the DLC stuff, where do they fit in?

AdaWong

I have never played any Borderlands games before. Of all the stuff this comes with, what should I go for first? Gut feeling says release order, so that would mean 2 first, then pre-sequel? How about the DLC stuff, where do they fit in?

I suggest 2 then TPS.
I already explained why a couple of pages back, but I'm on mobile right now.

Anyone have the digital PS4 version?

Are the two games each a separate download or are they bundled into one?

on launch you choose BL2 or TPS, to change games you have to close and relaunch, takes about 5 seconds between choosing the game and it loading.

Separate trophy lists, and DLC has separate trophies not required for the platinum in each game.

Cool, i hope thats the case. Thanks.

if it's there its certainly not bad enough for me to notice it, nothing like ~90% of games on the previous generation consoles. I will say its a shame that mandatory vsync isnt a thing on ps4/xb1 like it is on Wii U, say what you want about that machines specs, but at least i dont have to suffer through ridiculous amounts of tearing there.

Oh man, another seven hours in the office before I can visit Pandora again. Does the Rewardthing with the Badass Level and the Golden Keys work as told?

Derpyduck

Banned
Playing on PS4 I've not noticed any screen tearing, but the framerate is definitely not a consistent 60fps. It doesn't drop too low, but it's clear that it is dropping at times. Nothing to worry much about yet.

Not seeing any way to log into Shift with a different account. It automatically logged me in using my PS4 info, which I didn't want. Can't find any way to use the account from my 360 that I also associated with PSN on their website.

The way you start the games leads me to believe they're going to separate the two games at some point and sell them on their own.

Top Bottom