• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Announces Marathon | PlayStation Showcase

Interesting that Sony are allowing their first party studios to release on xbox, very interesting

Makes Microsoft look like complete douchebags
Bungie would not have allowed the acquisition to take place at all if they could only release their games on one platform. It was a major stipulation that Sony agreed to. Makes Sony look like the weaker partner in the deal.

I knew Sony moving towards gaas/pvpve/services would be terrible for gamers who love Sonys single player games and today confirms that.

Imagine having Bungie and this is what they allow them to make ..

Then again Bungie has been on this trajectory for many years so it shouldn't be a surprise.

It's just a shame what's happened to the once beloved creators of Halo

Lol, what?

They have been shitting the bed ever since the original Destiny. The only reason they are still afloat are from mindless whales and people with sunkcost fallacy.

What a disservice to use Marathon's name for a shitty MP shooter.
Well… the feel of their games coming only second to Respawn’s doesn’t hurt.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
So marathon is on Xbox as well? That’s either some sort of Activision purchase ammo or could be a FPS halo killer Trojan horse to get those players on PS.

Lots of conspiracy theories! Lol

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
'2000's era western devs'
Mate if you can't comprehend basic English I got no time for you.

I can read, you twit. They are just as shit as the rest of them. They are not somehow the last remaining of the 2000s devs that haven't gone down the drain.

If you are going to critique someone's English, at least make sure you can read.

Well… the feel of their games coming only second to Respawn’s doesn’t hurt.
Great controls does not a great game make. If it fails in level design, pacing, story, encounter design, and respecting the player's time - its not a good game. Which is what Destiny 1 and 2 all fail at.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Oh hey it's Marathon! Finally!

*PvP only extraction based looter shooter*

Nevermind....
200w.gif

LordOfChaos

I have a lot going on at the moment so correct me if I'm wrong...Bungie, creators of Marathon, made a game named Marathon, that isn't finally a continuation of Marathon or giving them a shooter like Halo or COD? Did...Did I get this right?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Where are the people who said that only Destiny will be on Xbox an every other new game will be PC PS5 only?

Right here. You can also look up my posts saying whatever project they were working on before the acquisition will likely be multi-plat.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’m all in. Bungie doesn’t miss IMO.

I like Tarkov but it’s an alpha of a game to this day. Someone with talent making an extraction shooter is exactly what I want. This could be the next big hype fps IMO.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I’m all in. Bungie doesn’t miss IMO.

I like Tarkov but it’s an alpha of a game to this day. Someone with talent making an extraction shooter is exactly what I want. This could be the next big hype fps IMO.
Bungie doesn't miss?

Good one lol

Banned
Interesting that Sony are allowing their first party studios to release on xbox, very interesting

Makes Microsoft look like complete douchebags

that was part of the deal from the beginning, Bungie literally cleared this up the day they got bought.
Sony fangirls of course denied that this is what they are saying, basically trying to interpret stuff into the announcement to fit that narrative

Bungie runs their own ship, at least for now.

ByWatterson

Honestly, as someone who fell off of Destiny hard due to its complete abandonment of PVP, this sounds very exciting to me.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Bungie doesn't miss?

Good one lol
Fuck out of here.

Bungie “missing” is inconsequential compared to say oh I don’t know red fall , blizzard handling of overwatch 2, most games PC ports, and so on and so forth .

Destiny 2 has been in incredible shape for years. Destiny 1 was a banger. All of their halo games are aces.

Whatever shade you want to throw as a “miss” is a joke .

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Pvp… yeah won’t be playing this. Destiny pvp is hot trash at the best of times.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Fuck out of here.

Bungie “missing” is inconsequential compared to say oh I don’t know red fall , blizzard handling of overwatch 2, most games PC ports, and so on and so forth .

Destiny 2 has been in incredible shape for years. Destiny 1 was a banger. All of their halo games are aces.

Whatever shade you want to throw as a “miss” is a joke .
Destiny 1 was a banger? What in the name of rose tinted glasses are you talking about?

It was an absolute MESS until the Taken King expansion. It's launch was abysmal. It's first few "expansions" weren't even expansions and repeatedly reused assets and had entire levels that were just existing levels that you did in reverse.

Destiny 2 saw the rise of Eververse where all the armor sets and sparrows on the store were way better than anything you got in the game normally. It also saw the switch to the battle pass model which turned the game into more of a time investment instead of a fun hobby with friends. That's also not getting into the "seasonal activities" you get where it's just a single activity that you are expected to do over and over again for a month or more.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I mean, I'll probably eat my words for backing System Shock 84 years ago, but I would have been totally on board with a modern version of Marathon at a budget price.

Same. But instead they gave us generic PVP shooter.

As long as it's not like Destiny and more a traditional shooter, I'm very interested.

Its literally a PVP only shooter with no singleplayer/story elements.

Last edited:
Top Bottom