• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie's Next Project - 'New Halo 3 Campaign Experience'

Ramirez

The Lamonster said:
Unbelievable that they're teasing the same shit once again. Just fucking announce something or stop jerking around with this stupid cryptic shit.

I love Bungie but this shit is just ridiculous.

:lol

Such bitter tears.

voltron

Ramirez said:
:lol

Such bitter tears.

True, but I kinda agree with him. However I believe they wont wait too long before announcing something this time around. Theyre not stupid and they know that if they dont deliver this time then the next time they cry wolf just wont have any where near the impact.

Ramirez

voltron said:
True, but I kinda agree with him. However I believe they wont wait too long before announcing something this time around. Theyre not stupid and they know that if they dont deliver this time then the next time they cry wolf just wont have any where near the impact.

Hinting/teasing is a part of this industry, it's nothing new.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Killer said:
I would pay 100$ fo Halo 1 online multiplayer :( .
I'd pay $100 for online campaign co-op. : (

But I would settle for a squad-based shooter. : )

Kritz

Banned
Killer said:
I would pay 100$ fo Halo 1 online multiplayer :( .

You could pay like $5 for Halo PC and use a USB xbox controller, probably.

Also, more rampant AI? Haven't they been doing that for the past six games (Seven if you count pathways)? I mean, sure. More Bungie's a good thing. But I kind of wanted them to do Pimps At Sea something new, story wise.

voltron

Opus Angelorum said:
Let's hope the announcement has warranted this convoluted hype machine.

Finally SOMEONE gets the point.

Yeah thats right, you guys further up the page. You missed the point I was trying to make again.

RyuHayate

joey_z said:
Was that an actual trailer before the game came out? Chalk full of spoilers.

Nope. It was featured on the H2 Map Pack disc that was released for people who didn't have Live to download 'em (the new maps).

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Opus Angelorum said:

Eh? Message board posts, some t-shirts, a canceled countdown, and now a news item on their website. Doesn't seem all that Byzantine.

Dirtbag

Opus Angelorum said:
I'm a Halo fan through and through, this form of marketing is tiresome.

I won't disagree with you that it can wear some people down (obviously). But ultimately, it serves its purpose and serves it well. The tease is just as much a part of the fun for the fans, trying to solve the puzzle as we are slowly given pieces. Have you spent much time at HBO or especially Ascendant Justice? The mystery is what drives these communities most of the time.

Opus Angelorum said:

Its a game in the halo-verse by Bungie.
I don't know what else to say.

TimeLike

I agree that this cocktease style of marketing is urksome to the extreme. I love following the development of my favorite games but this nonsense of "maybe in three months time we'll think about showing you a piece of a super secret awesome thing but probably we'll not show it to you but maybe we will" has made me start to despise my favorite hobby.

GhaleonEB

TimeLike said:
I agree that this cocktease style of marketing is urksome to the extreme. I love following the development of my favorite games but this nonsense of "maybe in three months time we'll think about showing you a piece of a super secret awesome thing but probably we'll not show it to you but maybe we will" has made me start to despise my favorite hobby.
I think a lot of people who are new to Bungie don't understand that this is how they have always operated. They toss breadcrumbs to the hardcore fans to follow and speculate about. They lead somewhere. Recently, Microsoft came along and picked them all up right before we found where they led to. After that, Bungie went quiet. On Thursday they hinted at an announcement coming soon. On Friday, they narrowed that down to the next game, and added a ton of detail about the nature of that game.

Bungie is well aware how disappointed and pissed off the fans were when the E3 announcement was canceled. This is basically just them letting us know that it's coming really soon.

Kritz said:
You could pay like $5 for Halo PC and use a USB xbox controller, probably.

If this was as good as it sounds, I wouldn't agree with him. Halo PC online is horrible, and I would pay out of the ass for an online Halo 1 for Xbox

I have to agree that this cockteasing secrecy is one of the most annoying things about the gaming industry. I'm not getting excited until I see some screenshots and videos, vague announcements about future announcements don't really do anything for me.

harSon

Banned
Sho_Nuff82 said:
I have to agree that this cockteasing secrecy is one of the most annoying things about the gaming industry. I'm not getting excited until I see some screenshots and videos, vague announcements about future announcements don't really do anything for me.

Cockteasings only for development studios that don't put games out every 1-2 years, Blizzard for example.

Top Bottom