• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King Debuting New Fries

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrankyJay

Banned
I'm sorry for your injury but the mental image made me laugh.

McDonalds fries are decent but I like fries that taste more like potato with the skin on them. We have a chain called Johnie's Charcoal Broiler in Oklahoma City that make awesome potato-y fries and they also make excellent onion rings.

It's cool, and it's funny now that I look back on it, but it hurt like hell. I'm sorry I didn't immediately drive to a lawyer. If people can sue McDonalds for coffee injuries etc I probably could have done the same for sharp fries.

I don't like the fries or onion rings at BK.

They put a nice spin on it, but they wouldn't be changing things if they didn't already know that their fries suck.

speaking of disgusting food, I was in a car in which two other people ordered cheeseburgers and fries from McDonalds. Normally I would be down for it but I had just eaten. Have you ever smelled McDonalds when you're not hungry? It smelled like ammonia and other chemicals. It was so weird in that it a;most smelled like food but somehow didn't.

I love BK fries. The coating on the outside is delicious and crunchy. This better not suck.

Yeah, their fries were awesome. Super crispy, and great in a poutine. They were also really consistent.

I had their new ones on Tuesday, and they were definitely thicker at the cost of crispiness. They also seemed like they could be real bad if poorly cooked.

marrec

Banned
That's because you have no taste and are stupid. :)

No, they are mushy greasy messes that shame the name of French Fry and, if I were President, they would be Banished to the Negative Zone. Of course, I wouldn't want to start a War with the Negative Zone so I'd have to negotiate an exchange of sorts. Perhaps we could take in their refuse or their toe-nail clippings or something... something that would taste equally horrible, that would be up to my Vice-President though I suppose.

Maybe I could sign some kind of executive order?

Yeah, their fries were awesome. Super crispy, and great in a poutine. They were also really consistent.

I had their new ones on Tuesday, and they were definitely thicker at the cost of crispiness. They also seemed like they could be real bad if poorly cooked.

uh, BK's fries were fucking disgusting. this was a change long in coming.

now to fix the taste of their meat. whoppers have tasted poor for several years now.

kehs

Banned
They've been pushing these for at least a few months now around here.

Much fucking better than the last pieces of shits they were pushing through.

_woLf

They've been pushing these for at least a few months now around here.

Much fucking better than the last pieces of shits they were pushing through.

I liked BK's old fries, they always seemed to have more flavor to them than McDonalds.

Also, Five Guys fries were amongst the worst I've ever had. They're boring, flavorless, and way too greasy. :S

Kyon

Banned
Smokes poutine or nothin

20081124sp1.jpg
*Screamsss* Where can i get this?

kehs

Banned
I liked BK's old fries, they always seemed to have more flavor to them than McDonalds.

Also, Five Guys fries were amongst the worst I've ever had. They're boring, flavorless, and way too greasy. :S

Their OG fries were awesome, then they did some bullshit new fries when Wendys did the salt sea thing, and now they have newer ones.

The shitty ones I'm talking about are the interim, and not the OGs.

Wubby

I loved their fries when I last had them in 2008. I thought they were kinda new then? Sad to hear they are changing them, especially making them thicker. I just don't care for thick fries. The thinner the better imo.

speaking of disgusting food, I was in a car in which two other people ordered cheeseburgers and fries from McDonalds. Normally I would be down for it but I had just eaten. Have you ever smelled McDonalds when you're not hungry? It smelled like ammonia and other chemicals. It was so weird in that it a;most smelled like food but somehow didn't.

I can't stand the smell of McDonald's anywhere but at McDonald's, and even then it's not exactly mouthwatering. FUCK I hate it when I take the train out to Long Island and people are stinking up every car with nasty cheeseburger smell.

Derrick01

Banned
Hopefully they're better than the garbage that the new Wendy's fries created.

I seriously hope so. I haven't been able to eat there since the change because I need fries as part of the meal and just getting my chicken and then driving somewhere else for fries is a pain in the ass so I just don't go there anymore.

But BK's fries were fine as they were, not bad but not great. Oh well as long as they don't change my chicken fries and the new french fries aren't awful like Wendy's then I'll deal.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
All of the fry changes are awful. Burger Kings from the 1990s with Mr. Potato Head. Wendys latest change. Carls Jr change to bland tasting garbage. Jack in the Box with those god awful skin on fries.

The only fast food fries that are good any longer are McDonalds and Del Taco.

The quality of Burger King's fries always depended on which BK I went to.

Some had absolutely amazing crispy fries. Others were limp, soggy, and tasted too much like fresh potato.

Rally's fries are consistently the best, though I've never had any from Five Guys or a few other major chains.

Grinchy

Banned
Cool, I might actually try their food one of these days. I always preferred their burgers over other fast food places, but those fries were so bad. I didn't even consider them edible, really.

Onemic

bird_in_awe.gif

where......where can i get this food of the gods?

Canada only dog :p

http://smokespoutinerie.com/

Greatest poutinerie I've ever been to next to places in Quebec. They have specials every month too, the other day I had a perogie poutine. omnomnom. Place is expanding every month though, so I wouldn't be surprised if you start seeing it in northern Michigan or New York in the next few years.

andthebeatgoeson

I love Wendy's new fries. Just under McDonalds. Only thing holding bk back is their fries. I've visited bk for the burger and hit McDonalds for the fries.

Had the new fries last week. I thought I was losing my mind. They reminded me of the BK chicken fries. They seem thicker but less dense. I'm not sure if I like them.

Chik fil A waffle fries are still king.

tim.mbp

OP didn't bold the most important part:

On December 16 Burger King is promoting its new fries by giving away $1 "value" portions for free.

Free food!

Sobriquet

In-N-Out's fries are a sin against mankind and those fundies blew their shot at heaven by creating and serving them.

They're the absolute best fast food fries. You just have to eat them while they're hot. If they cool down at all, they become the absolute worst fast food fries.

I always feel like I'm the only person who loves them. I order them well-done and it's great to me.

They're an acquired taste. I don't know if it's the special potatoes or the oil they use, but In-N-Out's fries taste a lot different than any other fast food place.

For fast food, they're above average IMO.

There is a local burger chain called Lenny's that uses frozen JR Simplot fries cooked in oil. They're as thick as a pinkie finger and about 4-5 inches long, the fries are always hot and crispy on the outside, and fluffy potato goodness inside, dusted with seasoning salt. It buries all of the other drive thru places fries IMO. They come close to tasting as good as homemade fries. They're so good I will eat them without ketchup or fry sauce.

Ezduo

Banned
They better be good. Burger Kings fries were among the best. I hate every god damn burger on their menu and aren't a big fan of their chicken either but I'd eat there just for the fries every once in a while.

thefit

Why not just make fresh cuts like in and out. Set a new trend for the mega fast food chains.

As stated in-n-out fries suck. Yeah, they are fresh cut but whats with the size and no seasoning? Bland matchsticks to match your hyped 2hours-in-the-drivethrough plain jane backyard burgers, no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom